About This File
This is a Python 2 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github.
- Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt!
- The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here!
- Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong.
- Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode!
- If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time.
- More details can be found in the included NOTES.txt.
- The rom must be a clean US copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3.
- Messing with the text files in ways you probably shouldn't mess with can lead to errors, crashing, corrupt ROMs, etc. I take no responsibility for any of this. Make sure you read the NOTES.txt!
These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: 0BE4410A
- MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165
These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: C0C780F9
- MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442
Open Mode Patches
These patches can be used if you want to experience the game in a different way. Make sure to patch the rom with the correct patch BEFORE randomizing it! The features of these patches are listed below.
- A built-in Full Library code! This took a while to figure out.
- Every area of the game should be open to the player right off the bat.
- You start the game with every email, access to the NaviCust and StyleChange menus, as well as some NCP programs and Key Items for access to various areas.
- Style Changes happen more frequently.
- You have 4 out of the 7 Savefile Stars unlocked right off the bat! No need to fight Serenade, the Omega Navis, or do the Time Trials unless you want to.
- Code for most of this new version of the Open Mode patch provided by NMarkro, a member of TeamBN. Thanks again!
The Open Mode patches, either in combination with the Randomizer or not, can be used for various types of play. Here are a few ideas:
- Bingo Races
- Alpha or Serenade Races
- Time Trial Races or Practice
HP Unlimiter Patches
These patches break the internal HP limit of Navis and Viruses from 4096 to 65536! The last bit of their HP is normally their Element. This patch moves their Element to unused space in the ROM and allows the 4th bit to be used as HP. There's an option in the Randomizer to take this into account. Using this option does the following:
- Allows for unrestricted Damage and HP Multiplier values! (Don't go crazy please...)
- It will write the enemy's Element to the space I've provided in the ROM that the patch uses. Without the patch, this setting leads to some weird behavior. Keep this in mind.
- You may rebalance the game's Chips and HP values with the included Text Files that store their stats! (Again, don't go overboard. And don't change anything you don't understand.)
- Chip Damage is capped at 9999, or at least close to it. At 10000+, the damage value is set to "????" visually and will no longer be randomized properly.
What's New in Version 1.5.0 See changelog
Fixed some of the custom chip names and added a few more custom chip names and NaviCust patterns.
- With version 1.5.0:
Report this file