About This File
TO: LUCT is no doubt one of the classics of turn based tactical games, it can boast complex storyline with a memorable cast of characters and multiple endings, as well as a deep combat system with a vast arsenal of equipment, items and spells. Its PSP port can also serve as an example of how such things should be done, with the game getting not only a much needed facelift but also a thorough redesign of most combat elements.
Sadly, the game isn’t without faults, as some of the new features make it extremely prone to exploits which an experienced player can use to fully remove any challenge from the game. The main goal of this mod is to render such exploits more difficult, bringing weapons, classes and skills closer to the level they should perform at, as well as to each other. Its secondary goal is to provide tweaks to immersion, visuals and some of the more cumbersome game systems like crafting and endless skill farming.
This is still a work in progress so all feedback is welcome.
For installation instructions and more info check the included Readme file.
- Weapon, armor and consumable item rework. Equipment is more likely to do what you expect of it, 2H weapons will do a lot of damage and a tank in heavy armor will be hard to kill.
- Additional items, spells and skills, as well as changes to the existing ones with a focus on improving the more unappealing choices.
- Skills that grant stat bonuses, like Strengthen or Spellcraft, as well as static choices like Switfoot or Spell Ward were removed and compensated with higher stat differences between classes than in vanilla game.
- A full Finishing move rebalance.
- Most ways of gaining permanent stats were removed to reduce power creep in late game and increase options during early game.
- The power of special characters was reduced across the board, they're about on par with each other now and not overwhelmingly stronger than generics.
- Generic characters have more diverse templates that split into fighter, rogue, mage and generalist archetypes, their stats can differ a lot depending on which one you hire.
- Significantly increased the levelling speed of slow skills, like Steal or Parry.
- Most classes were tweaked, with emphasis on nerfing the strong ones and buffing the weak, many gained new tricks.
- Monsters don't scale natural armor as high as before. With the changes to skills, their new role is high HP bullet sponges that take a lot of damage and use the TP gained to spam special moves.
- Many items are easier to acquire, reducing the endgame tedium.
- Visual changes to some items, special characters, skills and spells.
- Streamlined crafting.
Consolidated changelist available in feedback thread.
What's New in Version 0.950 See changelog
Patch notes v0.950
- Continued with the incremental updates to campaign battles, this time adding Chapter 3 on Neutral path
- Fixed some problems with gear allocation in some cases of redone battles
- Readjusted some units that were done before, in regards to changes in drops and class abilities
- Added more glass pumpkins to the first two acts
- Cafting books will now always drop, I went a bit ahead and fixed this because getting to the point where I can redistribute them properly will take a while and it's pretty annoying. Keep in mind the enemies that drop them still won't spawn every time because I didn't want to tamper with their team compositions just yet, but it will eventually happen
- Temple of Xoshonell boss will drop Shieldcraft and Codex of Jewelry IV on low level version of the fight instead of The Fist and Armorcraft, as it’s the same as high level version and you can get the other ones from another boss. I assume this was an oversight
- The duration of status effects on weapons were adjusted along with other abilities
- Shortbow and War bow swapped progression slots, as the former was too weak to last all the way until Baldur bow at level 10 for classes using the 1h ranged option
- Indra’s bow temporarily added as a drop to San Bronsa - Tower of Law Eternal - Floor4, look for a female skeleton archer at coordinates 11-2, the bow will always drop if the enemy spawns
- Bowgun and Crossbow swapped places for the same reason as the above
- Default shields will now have a Parry bonus and the sidegrades will have Deflect
- Sidegrade heavy shields will now have the same amount of elemental resistance as the default variant
- Shield bash is even more accurate
- Values on jewelry that raises primary stats were slightly increased
- Resorted all sundries based on their category and use, it will take effect when starting a new game but can also be triggered by resorting your inventory by ‘default’ criteria
- Grenades are now cheaper and easier to craft, they were boiled down to just three variants as there’s another way to use them now
- Added Druid’s Mark, it is craftable with transcription for now but will eventually be added elsewhere as a drop
- Added the new arcana primers and grenade manuals, they’re crafted with Ars Magna and The Fusil crafting books
- Deflect will level slightly faster than Parry
- Added an active skill Shellbust
- Enabled the Core passive skills
- Wade skill was split into Wade with the movement cost of 2 per tile and Heron with the cost of 1 per tile. The general rule is that the classes unable to natively enter water have access to Wade and those that can have acess to Heron so there’s still a difference when they take a water movement passive
- Absorb MP is available earlier and now also grants the Absorb active skill
- Luminous and Shadow Resonance are now also mutually exclusive like other light and dark skills
- The level requirement for some other general passives was also reduced slightly
- Archer gained access to Art of War, he can use Escalade, Waterstep and Bringer buffs
- Ninja can use Grenades through Art of War command set
- Rogue can now learn Bullseye
- Fusilier gained access to Art of War, he can use Escalade, Waterstep and Grenades
- Hoplite lost access to Lockdown but gained Check, it makes more sense for a tank class.
- Juggernaut lost access to Check but gained Lockdown, makes more sense on a class that sometimes find itself in unsafe spots due to high movement
- Trickster was able to use 2H Fusils by mistake
- Golems can now be customized by picking a Core passive, they are mutually exclusive and will boost a stat associated to former golem types
- Gryphon lost access to Dash
- Cockatrice lost access to Dash
- Lord is also able to use grenades through Art of War
- Ranger doesn’t exclusively learn Bullseye anymore, but it can be transferred from Rogue, he is also able to learn Featherstep
- Dragonborn can learn Howl
- Paragon lost access to Lockdown and Momentum, but has gained access to a unique ability Shellbust
- Added the Geomancer as a unique class for Phoraena sisters, able to equip light shields, cloth/light armor and cloth/light/heavy accessories, on the weapon side having Daggers, 1H/2H Swords, Axes, Spears and Cudgels with Whips as an off-choice. The class has a typical acess to skills for a melee/spell hybrid, including RampartAura1, Heron and FieldAlchemy1, but is limited to Instills in four prime elements. Geomancer can learn Lockdown and GordianLock, also being able to transfer EmpowerGolem, Squash and Golemsbane from other classes. Through Art of War command, the class is able to use Geomancy spells and also Escalade and Waterwalk.
Spells and Active Skills
- The duration of status effects doesn’t vary anymore, with that factor eliminated it’s possible to set the minimum duration to a more resonable value without making them last too long in some cases, so we shouldn’t be having any of them expire on the next turn anymore
- Forbidden spells are powerful but they’re pretty much just a damage upgrade over indirect area spell IV, which pushed them to very high levels as that means they should come after them, and also reduced their appeal. To fix that, area spells now come in three tiers instead of four and their area isn’t growing anymore, but their power is increased. Forbidden spells keep their high area and damage, while also being usable earlier, which should make them significantly more attractive
- Area spells III have a lower MP/ RT cost
- Rattle is now an area effect
- Corrosion now removes 20-30 TP instead of dealing damage, the formula proved a bit unrealiable and hard to control, which is fine for something isolated, like grenades, but doesn’t work within a spell set when it enables a low cost status spell to compete in direct damage with high cost area spells
- Heal I-IV have a higher MP cost, they should be harder to spam without resource assistance
- Ninjutsu summons have a higher RT cost, and summons II now cost 80TP instead of 100
- Added grenade abilities to Art of War command set, they cost 10TP/30RT and use one grenade of matching type from your inventory, unlike normally thrown grenades they hit an area
- Added geomancy abilities to Art of War command set with a cost of 30MP/50RT and have a low chance to cause status effects (25-40%)
- Wind Blade, deals Air damage, can remove all TP and is usable on grass tiles
- Local Quake, deals Earth damage, can Stun and is usable on soil, oil and natural stone tiles
- Steam Flash, deals Water damage, can Slow and is usable on water, swamp and mold tiles
- Pyroclasm, deals Fire damage, can Shackle and is usable on lava and volcanic rock tiles
- Meta Morph, deals Piercing damage, can Bind and is usable on carved wood/stone tiles
- Added Leech, a close range ability that costs 20TP/10RT and drains MP from an enemy or ally, up to 15% of his maximum. It is accessed via Absorb MP skill
- Grenades were reworked into three types, all do raw damage and don’t scale much but may do more damage to units especially vulnerable to magic
- Flashbang, can Stun
- Tear Gas, can Silence
- Mustard Bomb, can Poison
- Accuracy scaling finishers do a bit more damage
- Added Shellbust, a touch ability that inflicts Breach on the target, knocks it back and clears the user of all debuffs if the target was already affected by a debuff
- Iron Maiden has the accuracy of a projectile spell instead of being fixed at 60%. To compensate, the damage, chance for Stop and its duration are lower
- Featherstep doesn’t remove Hobble anymore and extends the user’s movement range instead, same as Dash
- El Colas Winds will grant Negate instead of extending movement, it should make Canopus less of a sitting duck
- Mother’s Blessing will also grant Healcraft as a fringe benefit
- Booby Trap won’t show you the exact tile on which the enemy placed a trap anymore so you will only know the general direction, a rogue worth his salt would never allow it. So, you've got to ask yourself one question now. “Is my luck high today?” Well is it, punk?
- Conviction will also determine accuracy like Iron Maiden, however, it will do spell damage now and the amount of MP it charges will be lower
- Lich was removed from the class list for special characters, as a class that radically changes the unit I feel it should be something exclusive to characters without renown. Those that have a known name. some fame and face that goes along with it would likely be reluctant to undergo the procedure. In game terms, having some incentive to use generic units is good, and special characters already have plenty of powerful caster classes they can use
- Tamuz now belongs to the umbra racial type and has his own class set, having access to most classes available to Orc and Gremlin. Namely, Warrior, Archer, Wizard, Spellblade, Terror Knight, Berserker, Rogue, Beast Tamer, Juggernaut and Patriarch
- Adjusted the stats of some NPCs
- Templar NPCs will have native waterwalk only if the class they copy also has it, but their movement RT cost per tile will also be the same, which is lower in most cases so they will end up slightly faster
- With version 0.950:
Report this file