Sign in to follow this  
Tenkarider

Site is lagging?

5 posts in this topic

Hi! just to be sure... is the site having a problem? when i enter the site it's more or less in perma-lag condition

You might argue that i run a potato, and probably that's not too much distant from the truth... still all the other similar sites i lurk around

don't have this problem.

Even in case i'm an isolated case, what could be the reason for me lagging when i log here?

Running an oldschool computer should not have any effect on the site, as it's all rendered through a browser.  If your net connection was slow, that'd be a different story.

As I'm typing this it took a good 15 seconds for the formatting icons to show up, so something may actually be going on.  I have some free time today so I'll dig into it.  For the time being make sure your preferred browser is up to date and understand that this site uses heavy javascript, so if you're running something like NoScript it'll pretty much make this place unusable.

I'll update this thread after my investigation.

Update:  The ISP for the servers we're running on is having issues today.  They're saying to expect lower bandwidth than normal.  Everything on the server seems to be fine.  I gave it a restart as well since it's been a while.  If the problem persists for more than another day or two tops then I'll do some more digging.