hmsong

Hmsong's non-SoM patches

237 posts in this topic

Thanks, but I don't understand what all these d11, d12 means.  It doesn't seem to be values.  For example, in the Rabite example you posted, 07 (experience)'s value is 5A.  What does that mean?  Does that mean Rabite gives 90 exp or something?  Because that's definitely not true.  I don't understand how that works.  Or is there a experience table or something somewhere?

praetarius5018, if you can help me in detail, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Edited by hmsong

1 hour ago, hmsong said:

praetarius5018, if you can help me in detail, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

You should ask the person that gave you those values, I can't read minds.

Well, the person who messaged me said, "I think monster stats are decided from 110000.  I don't know what each bytes do though, esp since monster stats vary depending on their level.  I suggest you go ask someone (namely praetarius) who actually knows what he's doing."

But now that I think about it, I guess it doesn't really matter, since I have no intention of editing monster stats.

But I do want to edit the level of the bosses, specifically for the first Full Metal Haggar and the first Machine Golems.  From what I can tell, normal enemies levels are as it is displayed (player levels' values are [level-1], but normal enemies are [level]), meaning if the normal enemy level is 05, then the value is 05.  But I don't know how the bosses' levels are calculated.  If the boss level is 04, what would the value be?  Could you please tell me that?  If I at least knew that, I can maybe work with it, since I know what I'm looking for.

Edited by hmsong

We so already had that one...

On 6/12/2020 at 5:58 PM, praetarius5018 said:

Try the NPC tab. Priority for mobs is their level (+128 because the $80 bit is used for something)

Hmm.  I'm trying to make it so that less exp is required for level up.  So far, I understood that it starts at 11F450 (for level 2), and it's 4 bytes each for each level (00 00 1E 00).  But it starts to get weird starting Lv25, and the numbers don't match.  How does exp required for level up work from Lv25 and on?  I know level 25 requires 57316 experience (which is DFE4, or 00 00 E4 DF), but I don't see anything like that nearby.  11F4AC (which is where I thought defined Lv25 exp) is 01 00 94 1C (which translates to either 7316 or 72852 in digits), which doesn't match anything that should resemble 57316.  Could you please tell me how req exp works, starting Lv25?

10 minutes ago, shiliwei said:

XX:1 = exp 50000,XX=05 =exp 250000

Oh wow, so that's how it worked?  Thanks.  I shall see how that works (but it's gonna be hard as hell to change things now).

It's not spell balance.  I'm just creating another patch (or try), but I thought starting another topic would be a bad idea.  I'm sure you don't want your board filled with all these topics that only has a couple of messages.

Edited by hmsong

Technically it has nothing to do with Sin of Mana at all so the entire topic is misplaced.
You could at least edit the topic title to something like "rebalance patches" (no spell and plural) at this point :D

Yeah, I wanted to rename the topic for a while (Hmsong's non-SoM patches), but I didn't see any way to do that.  Could you post a pic of what I'm supposed to click?  Thanks in advance.

Okay, when I move my cursor to the title, it says, "click and hold to edit the title."  I clicked and held it, but I still couldn't edit the title.

Edited by hmsong

Okay, I created a patch that edits some monsters shown in certain map (thanks to MapJester) -- mostly to make ??? Seed available in all God Beast dungeons (to not punish people who overlevel).  That was a lot of work, but I got it done.

And that got me thinking.  I want to create a Black Rabite patch so that it can be fought in all routes.  You already told me that your SoM Black Rabite patch is incompatible with vanilla, so I want to make my own.  I'm intending on putting it on the stone platform in the final Mana Holyland (map 582).  I already know that address to call the enemy pack (NPC pack) in that map is 0CD5C6 (figured it out, thanks to MapJester).  The problem is, that address only calls enemies in already-existing pack.  For example, NPC pack 52 (digit 82) has Shapeshifter x2 and Shadowzero x1.  I know that lots of NPC packs from A0 and on are full of unused enemy packs (they're all basically group of one enemy only) -- and lots of them are just a group of Myconid, for whatever reason.

So here's the question.  Could you please tell me how to edit the enemies in each NPC pack? (I don't even know which NPC Pack contains which enemy, and I know they vary depending on the time of the day, but I know that most of A0+ packs don't depend on the time of day)  I know Black Rabite's ID is 68 (thanks to the SD3 document in RHDN), so I'm hoping I can put him in one of the unused NPC packs.  Probably Black Rabite + 2 Great Demons.  Then I can just call the new NPC Pack with 0CD5C6.

EDIT:  Holy crap!  I figured it out!  I just searched for 00 00 00 01 01 01 02 02 02 (because I knew A0+ packs calls the same enemies in monster ID order), and boom!  Hot damn.

Edited by hmsong

Hey, it's been a while.

Are there any enemies that drop Demon's Claw or Wolf Devil's Oil?  I thought Lesser/Great Demon would drop Demon's Claw, but they don't seem to drop it, and Wolf Devil doesn't seem to drop Wolf Devil's Oil either.  Lesser Demon already drops 3 different items (Shade Statue, ??? Seed, Weapon/Armor Seed), so he can't be it.  Great Demon and Wolf Devil (and Death Machine, Gold Unicorn, and Nightblade) seem to only drop Weapon/Armor Seeds.  I even used save states to test all these.  Or is this another error from the vanilla game?

If they're error, then I'd like to fix that.  Could you tell me the addresses for the drops for Great Demon and Wolf Devil?

Edited by hmsong

1 hour ago, hmsong said:

Hey, it's been a while.

Are there any enemies that drop Demon's Claw or Wolf Devil's Oil?  I thought Lesser/Great Demon would drop Demon's Claw, but they don't seem to drop it, and Wolf Devil doesn't seem to drop Wolf Devil's Oil either.  Lesser Demon already drops 3 different items (Shade Statue, ??? Seed, Weapon/Armor Seed), so he can't be it.  Great Demon and Wolf Devil (and Death Machine, Gold Unicorn, and Nightblade) seem to only drop Weapon/Armor Seeds.  I even used save states to test all these.  Or is this another error from the vanilla game?

If they're error, then I'd like to fix that.  Could you tell me the addresses for the drops for Great Demon and Wolf Devil?

from 11C3F7 to 11CA6F are monster item drop code.u can search easy.

from Myconid to Black Rabbit.

Oh wow.  Thank you so much.  It may be in Japanese, but there are pictures included in it, so that helps immensely.  And I can sort of read Japanese if it's not Kanji.

I knew it.  Demon's Claw and Wolf Devil's Oil are never dropped.  I shall mitigate that, as soon as I figure out how (shouldn't be a problem).

If there are other information you can give me, I'd appreciate that.  It may give me ideas on new things that I never even thought about.

47 minutes ago, hmsong said:

I shall mitigate that, as soon as I figure out how (shouldn't be a problem).

11C3E0-area one row per enemy
11C3E0   - base chance rare drop pre luck
11C3E1-6 - all 20? seem unused
11C3E7-C - rare items
11C3ED-F  - common items

47 minutes ago, hmsong said:

It may give me ideas on new things that I never even thought about.

Like it being impossible to get the "common" items once you get 20+ luck?

5 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

Like it being impossible to get the "common" items once you get 20+ luck?

Argghh.  God damn it.  This is gonna be a pain.  I thought the rare items would be more common or something, because it uses up 6 bytes, whereas common items use 3 bytes.  Apparently, I got the whole thing wrong.

Could you please tell me exactly how the mechanics behind odds of common/rare item work?  Or is it that after 20+ Luck, the game ignores the last 3 bytes or something?  Or is it that for certain range of Luck, it uses specific bytes for the odds? (ex: if Luck is 15, it uses byte 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)

Oh, and thanks for telling me how to manipulate the treasure chest drop rate.  I'm guessing the odds of drop is out of FF (255), since Black Rabite is 64 (100), but it doesn't always drop the chest.

Edited by hmsong

chance for chest at all:
1/3, independant of monster type

chance for rare item is:
((LUCK+5) x LUCK) / 10 + flat chance from enemy out of 100

if it results in a rare item it is simply 1/6 for each of the possible rare drops
if it results in a common drop instead, 1/3 for each common drop, straight forward really

there's a routine in the game that runs every so often (after every kill?) and if it sees that you have 20+ luck it just randomly decides to max your luck out.
I don't know why it is there but it is.
Combine it with the above and you get a rare drop rate of "yes" or at least very close to it.

Ahh.  I see.  So if I were to change that, for Myconid, then I can change it to: 49 57 53 49 57 53 49 57 53, and that'll make everything even regardless of Luck?  Or maybe 49 49 49 49 57 53 57 53 53?  I'm guessing the order of first 6 bytes (the rare items) don't matter?

Edited by hmsong