hmsong

Hmsong's non-SoM patches

237 posts in this topic

Hey, I was wondering.  Are certain character sprites being used in the vanilla game?  Specifically, 91 (some queen?), 92 (some princess?), and C1 (Young Nikita).  I don't think I saw those sprites being used anywhere in the game, but I feel like that's unlikely, and I just missed it.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, praetarius5018 said:

I wanna say in some flashbacks with the queen of altena and/or duran's dad?

Yeah, I looked for that (in both Duran and Angela scenario).  I didn't see them anywhere.  Nor did I see Young Nikita in Hawk's scenarios.  At least not in tutorials nor their endings.  Hence why I was asking if you'd know (probably in some unrelated scenes), since you probably looked through all scenarios.

Hey, do you know how to change the prices of the inns?  They all have various prices, and for lots of early ones, the inn price just isn't worth it, so I want to make most of the inns cheaper.  But I have no idea how to do that.  Could you please help?  Thanks.

praetarius5018

Hey, I know I'm reposting, but I wasn't sure if you saw this post earlier (the board was quiet for quite some time), so I'm asking again.

Could you please teach me how to change the prices of the inns?  They all have various prices, and for lots of early ones, the inn price just isn't worth it, so I want to make most of the inns cheaper.  But I have no idea how to do that.  

I tried using the scripts of different inns, but they ended up doing some weird stuff, like my characters going to some weird directions to sleep.  So that failed.

Could you please help?  Thanks.

@praetarius5018

Hey, it's been a while.  I hope you're doing well.

To the main point.  I'm trying to attach the level up error correction (the issue with level-ups where max stats were sometimes those of later levels), specifically for my Better Starting Stats and Class Balance Stat (currently, using those makes the max stats go all over the place from time to time).  I know you created your own fix only patch, but that's incompatible with Trials of Mana, and my patches are mostly intended for Trials of Mana.  From what I can tell, ToM is compatible with any corrections that deal with addresses less than $EFFFFF, and unless the "additions" are huge or something, I'm sure I can add that in $D3F150 or something.  I would like to add that correction to my patch (of course, I'll give you the credit).

Good luck with that.

The game tracks two instances of a characters "level"; assume 7FF111 is the displayed level - 1 then 7FF112 is the level used for determining stat caps (itself capped at 20, reset to 0 on class change). The later goes up whenever the game thinks you have enough exp to level up and it can queue a level up screen; the bug happens because you can kill multiple enemies between qualifying the first time for a given level up and the screen actually coming up.

5 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

Good luck with that.

The game tracks two instances of a characters "level"; assume 7FF111 is the displayed level - 1 then 7FF112 is the level used for determining stat caps (itself capped at 20, reset to 0 on class change). The later goes up whenever the game thinks you have enough exp to level up and it can queue a level up screen; the bug happens because you can kill multiple enemies between qualifying the first time for a given level up and the screen actually coming up.

I guess I screwed up my phrasing.  My bad.  What I meant is, could you please help?  I guess you sort of did, but you lost me.  Are you saying 7FF111 is the value I need to look for? (aka 11 F1 7F)  That can't be the address, since the address of the original Japanese version only goes up to $3FFFFF.  If you can tell me the addresses I need to look at, I'd appreciate that.

On 14.8.2021 at 3:48 PM, hmsong said:

I guess I screwed up my phrasing.  My bad.  What I meant is, could you please help?  I guess you sort of did, but you lost me.  Are you saying 7FF111 is the value I need to look for? (aka 11 F1 7F)  That can't be the address, since the address of the original Japanese version only goes up to $3FFFFF.  If you can tell me the addresses I need to look at, I'd appreciate that.

you want to help me with FF5? thanks, I appreciate it

2 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

you want to help me with FF5? thanks, I appreciate it

Huh?  I feel like that message is for someone else.  I don't think I have the skills necessary to help you (never even played that game before).  Having said that, if I can, then yeah, I'll help you.

Back to what I was saying earlier, could you please tell me what address and/or value I need to look for the SD3 level up fix?

Ok, since it totally went over your head:
I'm absolutely not interested in working on SD3. Especially after what happened here on the first few pages.

That was the address you need to look for, or one of the potential ones; stuff in ram in sd3 can be moved to different locations on save/load and world map transitions.
You first need to find the place where the displayed level is saved - it displays it as +1 compared to the value in ram - in my last save it was 7FF111 for one of my characters, then go to the value after it and see how that behaves at/before level up.
I recall I send you a debugger on the first few pages here, so you should have all necessary tools to find the issue.