hmsong

Hmsong's non-SoM patches

218 posts in this topic

Hey,

Sorry to bother you once again (to both of you, praetarius5018 and shiliwei), but do you know how to make trap room into non-trap?  Using MapJester, I was able to make the locked door disappear (and the whole "open door after the battle" affect), but the message that says, "Trapped" in the beginning of the battle is something I was unable to make disappear.  From what I can tell, if you enter a room that begins with "Trapped" message, the enemies don't drop treasure chest (well, they do, but extremely rarely).  My goal is to make certain trap rooms in the Valley of Flames into non-trap rooms, so that enemies will drop items after the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020/9/3 at 2:58 AM, hmsong said:

Hey,

Sorry to bother you once again (to both of you, praetarius5018 and shiliwei), but do you know how to make trap room into non-trap?  Using MapJester, I was able to make the locked door disappear (and the whole "open door after the battle" affect), but the message that says, "Trapped" in the beginning of the battle is something I was unable to make disappear.  From what I can tell, if you enter a room that begins with "Trapped" message, the enemies don't drop treasure chest (well, they do, but extremely rarely).  My goal is to make certain trap rooms in the Valley of Flames into non-trap rooms, so that enemies will drop items after the battle.

sorry,I don't know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, for my Better Monster patch, I wanted to make it so that the one-time monsters can be encountered again at any time.  For example, Matango Oil can only be obtained from Darth Matango, who can only be encountered before defeating Mispolm.  Once you defeat him, Darth Matango is gone for good, hence Matango Oil is gone for good (well, except Magic Seed chance).  Luckily, Mispolm dungeon doesn't have any trap rooms, so I can use any of the 5 isolated areas.  Similary, I wanted to make all God-Beast dungeon monsters to be encounterable (and their drops be obtainable), but only in isolated areas (usually one exit), where the player can choose to ignore.  There are only 3 spots in Flame Valley, and all 3 are Trap rooms.  Hence why I wanted to disable the Trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, hmsong said:

Once you defeat him, Darth Matango is gone for good, hence Matango Oil is gone for good (well, except Magic Seed chance)

I don't understand what do u mean?do u mean we can't encounter lv 28 Darth Matango  after we beated Mispolm?

if you want the item like "Matango Oil"or something else,u can set the item code to another monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shiliwei said:

I don't understand what do u mean?do u mean we can't encounter lv 28 Darth Matango  after we beated Mispolm?

As far as I know, you can't fight Darth Matango (regardless of level) after you clear Mispolm, just like all God-Beast dungeons.  So enemies like Sea Dragon, Siren, etc will be gone for good from the game once you beat their particular dungoens.

26 minutes ago, shiliwei said:

if you want the item like "Matango Oil"or something else,u can set the item code to another monster.

Yes, I could, but I'm trying not to edit the item drops too much (except to edit way-too-many-Puipui Grass). 

Besides, I WANT to be able to fight Darth Matango.  Specifically, similar to kethinov's No Missable Monster for his Secret of Mana patch, I want to create one for SD3, where you can encounter any monster by the end of the game (and access their drops).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hmsong said:

As far as I know, you can't fight Darth Matango (regardless of level) after you clear Mispolm, just like all God-Beast dungeons.  So enemies like Sea Dragon, Siren, etc will be gone for good from the game once you beat their particular dungoens.

u still can fight them after beat their particular dungeons,they all disappear after Dark beast show on the map。anyway, i can't help for"trap"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't count losing access to the item a bad thing; magic reflection can be quite broken or useless with little to no middle ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shiliwei said:

u still can fight them after beat their particular dungeons,they all disappear after Dark beast show on the map。anyway, i can't help for"trap"

I see.  Thanks anyways.

3 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

I wouldn't count losing access to the item a bad thing; magic reflection can be quite broken or useless with little to no middle ground.

Well, what I wanted was have access to Firedrake's drops, since its drops are unique.  One trap room has only Firedrakes, but because of the traps, you can't access their drops.  Although I can just replace enemies in some areas with just Firedrakes (well, the NPC pack that has Firedrakes), I wanted a corner room in Flame Valley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

That sounds way better than trying to meddle with potentially story related triggers.

Huh?  You think messing with trap is potentially story related trigger?

But now that I think about it, you might be right.  It probably has to do with the script on the beginning of the battle, similar to how before boss battle, there's a dialog of some kind.

... Damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.  I've been messing with item drops, and I'm getting weird results.  For example, I've made all regular enemies have the following drops, just for testing:

0A 20 20 20 20 20 20 [21 20 1F 1E 1D 1C 1B 1A 19]

But whether in the beginning of the game or at the end of the game (where most characters are vanilla max stats), all enemies end up dropping are Basilisk's Fang (21), Item Seed (19), and sometimes Mysterious Seed (1A).  I did see Flying Seed (1B), but extremely rarely.  The rest drops (Magic Seed, ??? Seed, Weapon Seed, Earth Coin, and Gnome Statue), I have never seen.  Is this normal?  Is there a way I can make it so that the other byte items are actually possible?  I tried playing with 1st byte a bit (0A), but I didn't really find any different results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.  In addition to the question in the previous post, do you know how to edit the EXP of 2nd Bill/Ben boss? (fought in the Scorching Desert)  The EXP of first Bill/Ben (fought in Rolante) can be edited at 111EB2, but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to affect the 2nd Bill/Ben.  Could you please tell me the address for the 2nd Bill Ben EXP?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should use 110DF6 and 111EB2 for that.
For the human sized bosses there always seem to be 2 full stat version and it is chosen randomly which gets used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh.  So I guess that means Lugar and Machine Golem does that too.  What are the codes for those guys?  It seems pretty random (Bill/Ben's ID was DA, but now, apparently, their other ID is 63?).

Once again, thanks.

Edit: I just tried the code for both 110DF6 and 111EB2, but neither seem to affect the Desert Bill/Ben EXP.  Uhh, please help?

Edited by hmsong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as alternate ids I have:
Bill/Ben: 63, DA
Lugar: 69, D7
Koren: 6F, AF
Deathjester: 70, B4
Jagan: 71, B2
Heath: 74, B5
Dangaard; 78, 107

make sure you change the exp value BEFORE you enter the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed the code before entering.  I even tried it by changing the ROM address permanently, for both addresses (I changed the value to 80, from 87/85).  No changes in EXP gain after the battle (didn't kill anyone on the way).  I even tried with and without changing the class, to see if that makes any difference.  Nope.  What am I doing wrong?

As for Dangaard, it seems they're actually different enemies.  One is the front view Dangaard, and the other is side view Dangaard.  Only side view Dangaard drops EXP (which means 8A is 0 EXP no matter what level).

Edited by hmsong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey.

I'm trying to put the Magic Pots in the final dungeons, and I'm having trouble putting one in an area.  Specifically, I want to put it in map 1086 (near the dead-end door), but whenever I put it, it gets behind the layer and therefore, inaccessible.  I got up to 0CD19E, and the values are C6 A0 80 4B 45 12 04 FF FF FF FF.  If I disable one of the layers, I can see the Magic Pot, so I know I got the location right (in X/Y axis).  Could you please tell me how I could get the Magic Pot sprite to the foreground, therefore accessible for the normal gameplay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now