Magus80

BNW 2.0, stuck on Wrexsoul

4 posts in this topic

Keep getting my ass kicked, any tips?  My party are Terra, Relm and Gau.  I'm having issues with his SleepX and insta death attacks.  I only have one Ribbon which isn't enough.

Have you try killing the little souls ? In this mod you can ignore his gimmick and Wrexsoul and win by killing them.

If you want to respect his gimmick then don't you have Amulet or Fairy Charm ? These protect against Sleep to.

Having protection against Fire Damage is good idea, alternatively using Reflect could work you could still heal with Items and Regen X and then the only attack for Souls to worry about would be Meteo. Wrexsoul is undead and weak to Water so to me your best way to damage him would be Terra's Storm or Cure 3. 
Admitadly I think if you try to beat him that way then I think this is the single worst fight to bring Gau in most of his Rage that are usually good for undead get screwed cause they rely on Holy and Fire but unlike other undead Wrexsoul absorb Fire, plus due to his gimmick (if you try to kill him by respecting his gimmick that is) Gau is a pain cause you can't rely on single target move and you can't afford to lose time on useless action, due to the fact he doesn't stay on the field for long, but most of his Rage here would have one good action and then one worthless action (waste of time), you can't even use him as an heal bot cause you need to kill your party member and you can't even use him as Rerise spammer cause Rerise prevent him for appearing even if you kill the correct party member, yeah I really have trouble seeing how Gau could be usefull in this fight, I would gladly like to know if there is a Gau enthousiast would could tell a good way to use him to kill Wrexsoul by following his gimmick (maybe Flan Rage for support).

I finally got him and isn't Wrexsoul weak to fire/holy? I scanned him and got that info.  Anyway, what worked was using Rasp since it triggered his special condition weakness and and will reset his counter for Possession so I managed to keep him stunlocked by having Relm using Sketch on him repeatedly to Rasp while Terra / Gau stayed on healing duties.  Reducing his MP to 0 killed him, took around 10 Rasps to do it.  Didn't know you could ignore his gimmick in this mod but hey, at least I got him.

HA Didn't know Relm's Sketch on him could trigger Rasp good to know.

Must be a mistake from the scan it is weak to Water and absorb Fire on 2.0 normally.

Edited by Nesouk