Sign in to follow this  
Rowsol

Small health pools

4 posts in this topic

It's really the only thing I dislike about this. Having to constantly heal up after fights is the most tedious part of this game. I just want a bigger buffer so I don't have to do it so often.

I hope you'll add some custom patches for people that want a more casual experience.

Alternatively, how about a purchasable health kit item that is automatically used on victory to restore X health to all living party members.

Surely you'd have to "enable"(use?) such an item anyways because you don't want it consumed if you only lost a little hp. It's all about having total control over your own resource management, getting to decide whom to heal and when and how - and it's actually made somewhat meaningful here in some dungeons without many full heal savepoints. Big HP pools would unbalance the game pretty much immediately anyways, and OP sounds like he'd enjoy a more modern experience where you just get automatically healed after fights so you don't need to worry about resource management yourself.

Personally I love incorporating recovery into my fighting strategy; I try to put some kind of "free" healing in all my parties(slots, brushes, mantra, dances..) so I can use those unencumbered at the end of a fight before I finish off the last enemy. Barring that, I use spells and prepare to recover the MP with runic, empowerer, etc. It's all part of the gameplay with involved tactical decisions, not meaningless tedium you have to always endure after fights.

The small hp pool can be remedied by leveling up, unless you specifically were trying to stay low level. I personally would like to see some midgame equipment that give a static increase to hp or mp. For lower level runs, the percentage increase items are quite underpowered. Obviously the mod wasn't designed for being low level, but a lot of the weapons and armor lack abilities and are inferior to similar weapons found later, so it might be interesting to have abilities that scale differently for early or mid game equipment.