Sign in to follow this  
cnwinger

Has anyone considered adding BNW to Retroachievmeents?

6 posts in this topic

I'm a huge fan of BNW and I'm going to be going through it (again) now that 2.0 is out.  I was wondering if anyone has considered adding this mod to retroachievements?  It looks like the majority of them would transfer over:

https://retroachievements.org/game/341

They accept submissions like this (examples here and here. Probably the only thing that could make this mod even better...

I won't deny the idea cross my mind, ultimatly however I don't think it would add much value to it. Unless someone come up with a list of achievments, that would require to do something that players usually don't do, or come up with fun challenges, or just funny thing like Suplexing the train (come on if there is an achievment you have to make this meme into one XD).

Actually if you read the comments someone post this :

BNW is way too different from vanilla for a conversion. My first forum post here was requesting a set for it back on 1.8.x but people wanted to wait for 2.0

Hmm, that's interesting.  I figured a lot of his stuff would still apply.  Maybe someone on the BNW team could take a look at this?

The BNW devs aren't personally interested in retroachivements at all. There has been some discussion about it with some of the more knowledgeable people considering what could be done. I know at one point @Aura Of The Dawn was talking about it a lot.