Sign in to follow this  
AuthenticM

Question: how many reflect rings are there in the game, and can you leave Cyan's dream without beating Wrexsoul?

3 posts in this topic

Title. I'm playing 2.0 of course.

Could someone also tell me where to find every reflect ring in the game? Also, does Meteo inflict magical or physical damage?

Thank you

Edited by AuthenticM

There is a total of 3 reflect rings in the game. One is in the Imperial Magitek Research Facility, the other is at that small imperial base to which you get access depending on your actions during the imperial dinner, and the third can be found in the colosseum by betting a certain brush (I can't recall which). I also think there are a few other items you can bet for a reflect ring, but I can't remember for sure either.

And no, you cannot leave Cyan's dream without beating Wrexsoul, but you can beat it by killing both soulblazers while Wrexsoul possesses one of your characters. You'll still get the drop, but I think you miss out on the exp.

As for meteo, it deals magical damage. It also ignores defense, but it has relatively low accuracy.

3 hours ago, Dufaux said:

There is a total of 3 reflect rings in the game. One is in the Imperial Magitek Research Facility, the other is at that small imperial base to which you get access depending on your actions during the imperial dinner, and the third can be found in the colosseum by betting a certain brush (I can't recall which). I also think there are a few other items you can bet for a reflect ring, but I can't remember for sure either.

And no, you cannot leave Cyan's dream without beating Wrexsoul, but you can beat it by killing both soulblazers while Wrexsoul possesses one of your characters. You'll still get the drop, but I think you miss out on the exp.

As for meteo, it deals magical damage. It also ignores defense, but it has relatively low accuracy.

Thanks! I got the guy yesterday. I had been trying to kill the two spawns while Wrexsoul possesses me, but kept dying. I put ribbon on Shadow (who had a berserk ring) instead of the reflect ring, and then used Terra to basically constantly cast reflect on my three characters, and used Relm to cure with her brush, and just let Shadow do his thing. Relm kept dying to meteo, so I had to raise her HP with equipment. After that, she could barely survive it, but I got them in the end, the fuckers.

I definitely missed one reflect ring then. I'm unsure which; I did get access to the imperial base, and got everything there (I think), so I might have missed a chest in the research facility. Oh well.

Thanks again for the info! I love the mod so far. It's pretty much made the vanilla game obsolete. Is the team still working on it? Will there be a 3.0 mod eventually? Also, I'd be interested in seeing the team take on other games with their talent. Star Ocean 2 could be interesting (if it's possible to easily mod it). Or Super Mario RPG.