Sign in to follow this  
zedorfed66

FF8 Remastered - Extreme v7.6

66 posts in this topic

v3.5's changes botched the difficulty a bit. In v3.7 I'm returning some stuff to their previous states and adding some new. Changes:

-Enemy strength and magic stat + 2 / level.

-Strength and Magic Junctions are no longer halved which is why also the high level Potions heal for 5000 instead of the 4000 of the previous update.

-Enemy level is now doubled starting from the Fake President. This is what I wanted to do so there are more reasons to level up. The Sorceress gatekeepers before the final dungeon are now locked to level 90 and all the bosses in final dungeon are locked to level 100 with the exception of the very first boss and Catoblepas.

-Almost all of the storyline bosses have double the hp now. I will be playing through the game more and possibly upping some of them to x3 in the future if I see need for it.

Edited by zedorfed66

v3.8 changes Ifrit, Diablos & Odin hp to og. Iguions, Seifer 1, Biggs & Wedge 2, Laguna's Ruby Dragon fight & Propagators now scale to player's level in the fixed version mod.

I feel like I made a mistake in my previous update by having double the EXP and AP from battles. I've been doing lots of testing and I've come to the conclusion I have to revert them. v4.0 reverts EXP and AP gained back to the og with boss levels and enemy lvl2 & 3 multiplied by 1.5. There are some exceptions: Ifrit is now locked to lvl 12, Fake President & Gerogero lvl 21 and Brothers lv 25. and after that everything goes by x 1.5 (Iguion, Seifer 1, Biggs & Wedge 2 still scale). The final dungeon bosses remain the same as before.

Another change is Card Mod is now learnable by Alexander GF instead of Tonberry. It replaces Alexander's Elem Atk Junction. I feel like forcing players to tackle Tonberry early wasn't a good idea. Tonberry has now Move-HP Up learnable again.

I'm sorry for jumping all over the place with this mod. I'm trying to make this as perfect in my eyes as possible and I won't stop until I succeed or end up in early grave ^^.

Edited by zedorfed66

v4.1 changes the effect of Auras and Aura Stones. Now they grant Protect & Shell on 1 party member instead of the effect of Aura.

With this change now the final bosses are locked to level 90 again and the final dungeon bosses' levels go with x 1.5 formula, as the rest of the bosses. Omega Weapon is an exception. He is still locked to lvl 100.

Final bosses and all soldiers now go with doubled health (same as all the other monsters).

I'm sorry about all these frequent updates but I feel like I'm living uncertain times right now. I've now learned the hard way not to mess with the enemy med/high level. This game puts me in my place everytime I change them, so: v4.2 changes enemy lvl2 & lvl3 skill levels back to the original. Boss levels remain at x 1.5. Now Str and Mag junction power is halved just like the other 3 stats. With the nerf to healing high level Potions heal 4k health again instead of 5k. Aura and Aura Stones get back their Aura effect. Enemy Str & Mag +1 / level. I'm running a playthrough of this mod again with this new setup and i'll change things if I see something that doesn't feel right.

Edited by zedorfed66

In my previous update I was trying to cater to the final boss, making her as ultimate as I could possibly do. However, doing so actually nerfs some other stuff which I don't like. I'm moving closer to the truth with v4.3 which gives enemies and the player more power. This is what I've done before but I've done other changes too so it's still a step forward. The final boss is still good with these changes from what I can see.

So the changes with v4.3:

-Str & Mag Junctions are now original (like before).

-High level Potions again heal for 5000 health. 

-Auras and Aura Stones again grant Protect & Shell instead of Aura.

-Enemy str & mag power is back to +2 / level.

-Enemy hp is again doubled. There are exceptions where it's original hp instead of x 2.

This is what I like to continue moving forward with.

v4.4 lessens the effectiveness of some Refines granting less spells in the outcome. However, since I haven't changed the item descriptions some items say they grant 20 spells as the outcome and may for example grant only 5. To make sure you know the amount you're gonna get try Refining the magic without actually finalizing it. I may update the descriptions at some point but it's not the time for it yet.

v4.5 corrects the descriptions of the changed stuff. The only descriptions that remain incorrect are the Refine amounts. I'll see if I'm able to change them in the future as well.

I've done some more testing and I've realized the bosses can actually be beaten with halved Str & Mag Junctions (even though it can be really hard). Even the timed event bosses can be barely done. This was an important realization for me. So v4.6 goes back to the previous harder setup while retaining enemy Str & Mag at +2 / level and more. Basically bosses take longer to kill while normal encounters are defeated pretty much as fast as previously due to them having og HP instead of doubled. Final bosses and Omega are harder cause of lowered healing. Auras are back so it doesn't take ages to beat them.

Here's everything that was changed from v4.5 to v4.6:

- Str & Mag Junction power halved. Str+% & Mag+% halved.

- Magic Draw Resistance halved (since Mag stat is lowered this helps to prevent situations where casting enemy's Protect for example whiffs cause of low Magic stat).

- High level Potions heal for 4000. Auras and Aura Stones are back to original.

v4.6 has correct descriptions except the Refine amounts which can be incorrect.

I had plans to correct the description of Meltdown spell for a while but didn't have anything else to update so i held it off. It's now corrected with v4.7. Another change is Lion Griever and its Helix now have thrice the original HP. I felt that form fell apart too fast with shared hp with the 2 phases.

On 2.5.2021 at 5:55 PM, Heretic said:

Any recent updates? Thinking of giving this mod a spin.

Hi Heretic,

No, I'm pretty happy with the way the mod is now. The only thing is the refine amount descriptions on some items that are showing incorrectly. Hope you have great time with the mod ^^

I come a bit late to update this mod but better late than never!

v4.8 changes Status Attack Junction strength to 33% instead of the previous 50% of the original. I had Status Magic effectiveness untouched for some reason. Now Status Magic effectiveness is 33% of the original just like when used as 100 spells Junction. This also makes Rinoa's Angel Wing status stuff whiff at times (as intended).

Another ff8 update. v4.9 nerfs various Limit Breaks (they're listed in the main post). Also now various bosses have 3 x their original hp. Some remained untouched. I'll be back with updates if I find something I want to change.

I'm sorry for making another update almost immediately, but I accidentally upped the early bosses hp when they should've remained untouched. v5.0 fixes that. I had to make the update to live with myself. Weekends!

I've noticed bosses have started missing their ailment inducing abilities cause of the changes I made to the offensive status magic in v4.8.

v5.1 fixes that by returning the status magic and items back to 100% effective state. This makes bosses hit with status effects everytime when there's no protection. To contrast this change I upped all enemies' status defenses.

Hi again. I've been busy updating my ff8 mod lately.

v5.2 makes the final dungeon enemies scale above player's average level (same deal as Deep Sea Research Center) making the fights more exciting and give out more exp.

Another change is Granaldo and Raldo are now weak to Gravity damage. They're really almost impossible to defeat at high levels cause of their crazy Vit and Spr values so now they're fixed. I looked up all other enemies and there shouldn't be any more problems like that. Another past boss the sorceress from the future likes to throw at us is Oilboyle which does have high Vit but can be dispatched with magic.

Another ff8 update: v5.3 makes Rapture & LV? Death probability abilities instead of 100% hit/miss. Since enemies have high death and expulsion resistance these abilities now sometimes work and sometimes don't. I also upped enemies slow and expulsion resistance by 5 %. Also removed 'Vit 0' effect from Quistis Bad Breath (yeah I noticed it only just now, baka me).

v5.5 is an important update: 

Hit, Eva & Luck Magic Junctions and Ability Junctions halved.

Zell's 'My Final Heaven' finisher buffed and Rinoa's 'Invincible Moon' now grants Protect, Shell, Regen & Aura.

'Defend' command no longer denies physical damage, but instead grants 'Protect' on all characters. This is very useful and works well for example vs Omega Weapon and also on random encounters where you would have to use 3 turns to cast Protect on everyone.

Omega Weapon's 'Terra Break' power halved, now dealing a little over 1k per hit on characters with Protect applied.

I noticed Quistis' 'Degenerator' kept missing a lot so i nerfed all enemies' Expulsion resistance and it should be better now.

'Cover' changed into doing nothing for now. I have plans to make the characters with that ability receive full damage instead of half but I haven't figured out how, so it's on hold for now.

v5.6 changes the "max level mod".

Now Ifrit and the Sorceress bosses after Adel have max level while scaling to player's level instead of having fixed level.

With this change now the only fixed level fights in the "max level mod" are the bosses in the final dungeon.

This mod is getting huge update that will change much more than what I've done with previous versions. But I want it to be as perfect as I can possibly do and I prefer to not having to update it much after that. I'm currently working on that and try to avoid the hook that is League of Legends. There's no estimate when it will come out but it will at some point unless something bad happens to me. Hopefully not. Shadow Hearts is on hold until I get this out, sorry :/ FF8 and SH:C are my most favorite games so this mod means a lot to me.

Ok v7.0 is finally out! I've done so much testing on it already i felt it was about time to release it for you all. To be honest there's so many changes I don't know if I wanna delve into it all specifically. I listed the changes on 1st page and I hope it's not just a pile of gibberish to you! xD I'll be more than happy to answer all possible questions here if you have them.

v7.1 is a small update on top of 7.0 that has following changes:

- Gesper's 'Degenerator' can miss.

- Esthar Soldier's 'Boomerang Sword' and punch attack nerfed.

- Elastoid's 'Beam Laser' buffed.

- Few enemies that had their og Mug items changed into 'M-Stone Pieces' and 'Magic Stones' on lvl 1 and lvl 2 now give more of them when using Mug on them.

I'll be doing more test runs whenever I got time for it and updating this mod if I see something that should be changed. But at this point the mod looks pretty good.