Sign in to follow this  
zedorfed66

FF8 Remastered - Extreme v7.6

66 posts in this topic

Hi again.

v7.2 is another small update that will have Cerberus have 'Card' ability learnable that was learnable by Eden in previous version. Eden will have 'Alert' learnable instead that was Cerberus' ability before.

So I'd like to try this but I have no idea how to apply the patch. The mod comes with Xdelta patch and nothing else. I dunno what to "patch" the patch onto... I'm sorry for being clueless about this kinda thing.

So I finally saw he instructions in the OP...but now I'm getting this error mesage when I try to follow them:

C8T2h9D.png

The Main Patch says it was applied successfully but I've tried this multiple times and it always happens.

On 13/03/2023 at 5:02 PM, Nikkolas said:

So I finally saw he instructions in the OP...but now I'm getting this error mesage when I try to follow them:

C8T2h9D.png

The Main Patch says it was applied successfully but I've tried this multiple times and it always happens.

Hey sorry for taking so long. that other patch is for the "FFVIII_EFIGS.dll" file u can find in the game folder. Let me know if u get it patched as well. To be honest that file is only to make Rinoa's Angel Wing deal 3x spell damage instead of 5x but it's still what i intended. And thanks for trying out my mod btw!

Edited by zedorfed66

On 13/03/2023 at 5:02 PM, Nikkolas said:

C8T2h9D.png

Sorry didn't pay close attention to your message. You're right. I just tested and the EFIGS file indeed does not patch. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I tried the 7.0 version's EFIG patch and it works though so try patching with that. Make sure to have 'read only' off from the file otherwise it may not work. It's only the 1 change in the EFIG file and it hasn't been changed with the later versions so it shouldn't matter if you patch with the 7.0 version. 

9 hours ago, zedorfed66 said:

Sorry didn't pay close attention to your message. You're right. I just tested and the EFIGS file indeed does not patch. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I tried the 7.0 version's EFIG patch and it works though so try patching with that. Make sure to have 'read only' off from the file otherwise it may not work. It's only the 1 change in the EFIG file and it hasn't been changed with the later versions so it shouldn't matter if you patch with the 7.0 version. 

I did try it with 7.0 but still got the same error. I checked the file and Read Only isn't checked. 

If all it changes is Rinoa's Angel Wing, though, and she doesn't get that till end of Disk 3, could I start the mod while this is all being figured out?

And hey no rush. Thanks for the reply and help and all the effort you put into this.

EDIT:
Also which would you say is more of a challenge, Fixed or Max Level version?

Edited by Nikkolas

11 hours ago, Nikkolas said:

I did try it with 7.0 but still got the same error. I checked the file and Read Only isn't checked. 

If all it changes is Rinoa's Angel Wing, though, and she doesn't get that till end of Disk 3, could I start the mod while this is all being figured out?

And hey no rush. Thanks for the reply and help and all the effort you put into this.

EDIT:
Also which would you say is more of a challenge, Fixed or Max Level version?

Hey,

the Angel Wing change can be applied to the dll file at any point and it changes the game mechanics immediately so it's more than fine adding it later. It's actually just a small line change in code that can be applied on the dll with any hex editor tbh. The Fixed version is harder cause u need to be on right levels for the bosses. I also recommend playing on that cause that's the version i tested the game on. Max level version hasnt been tested yet but it should be fine as well.

44 minutes ago, zedorfed66 said:

Hey,

the Angel Wing change can be applied to the dll file at any point and it changes the game mechanics immediately so it's more than fine adding it later. It's actually just a small line change in code that can be applied on the dll with any hex editor tbh. The Fixed version is harder cause u need to be on right levels for the bosses. I also recommend playing on that cause that's the version i tested the game on. Max level version hasnt been tested yet but it should be fine as well.

I gotcha. I'll keep taht in mind, then. I usually use Rinoa, anyway.

And I played up through Ifrit on Max so I'll restart with Fixed. I also meant to ask if this requries Triple Tirad grinding? I dunno if you ever played the old Requiem mod but it sure as fuck required A LOT of TT grinding and immediately. So far things seem much more reasonable in your mod.

4 hours ago, Nikkolas said:

I gotcha. I'll keep taht in mind, then. I usually use Rinoa, anyway.

And I played up through Ifrit on Max so I'll restart with Fixed. I also meant to ask if this requries Triple Tirad grinding? I dunno if you ever played the old Requiem mod but it sure as fuck required A LOT of TT grinding and immediately. So far things seem much more reasonable in your mod.

You couldn't put the cards to good use even if you grinded early. I changed the GF abilities so Card Mod is learnable by Alexander instead of Quetzacotl which means u can only start fusing the cards starting from disc 3. You can also beat the game without playing Triple Triad but it also helps in getting useful items and spells. Having that option at disc 3 isn't making anything too easy at that point.

Elvoret at Level 22? I doubt I have to grind all the way up to that but it's pretty gnarly. Especially with Storm Breath which wipes out my entire party unless they're at max HP. Squall is Lv 13, Zell Lv 12, and Selphie Lv 10.

Don't really have much in the way of Junctions to help right now, either. You don't have to tell me how to win the fight, just curious if some level grindage is mandatory here.

7 hours ago, Nikkolas said:

Elvoret at Level 22? I doubt I have to grind all the way up to that but it's pretty gnarly. Especially with Storm Breath which wipes out my entire party unless they're at max HP. Squall is Lv 13, Zell Lv 12, and Selphie Lv 10.

Don't really have much in the way of Junctions to help right now, either. You don't have to tell me how to win the fight, just curious if some level grindage is mandatory here.

Yeah Elvie is lvl 22 cause of the many soldiers u have to kill in Dollet to get the best SeeD rating. Basically you can take him on average level of 19. Bosses can be taken on 80% of their level so for example you are able to beat Brothers 30 levelled even though they're 36. The 80% cause of the game's mechanic of having enemies and bosses either 80% or 120% of your party's average level. I forgot to mention the Revive ability in the change list which now has Mega Phoenix properties. It's now listed there too.

So I tried this at least three or four times and it always happened, but if you exit Dollet Tower and go onto the main scree (not the screen with the doors) you will first trigger a random encounter with a solo Galbadia Red soldier/officer, then the next battle will be 2 Geezards and an Anacondaur.  This always happens. This is great because it's the best source of AP and EXP at this point.

Just to be safe, I always saved, quit the game, reloaded, and then exited the tower again. So it might only happen when you first load up a game but it always worked for me.

Finally beat Elvoret with a Level 19 Squall, Level 17 Zell and Selphie. About 3 o4 4 or 5 Limits from Squall were needed, though. I think this is a bit too much grinding this early on. Then again, there is always the other version so I dunno.

7 hours ago, Nikkolas said:

So I tried this at least three or four times and it always happened, but if you exit Dollet Tower and go onto the main scree (not the screen with the doors) you will first trigger a random encounter with a solo Galbadia Red soldier/officer, then the next battle will be 2 Geezards and an Anacondaur.  This always happens. This is great because it's the best source of AP and EXP at this point.

Just to be safe, I always saved, quit the game, reloaded, and then exited the tower again. So it might only happen when you first load up a game but it always worked for me.

Finally beat Elvoret with a Level 19 Squall, Level 17 Zell and Selphie. About 3 o4 4 or 5 Limits from Squall were needed, though. I think this is a bit too much grinding this early on. Then again, there is always the other version so I dunno.

Well done on beating Elvoret. Yeah the remastered version has save/load cheese that can of course be used to make things easier to get certain enemies. There are points where u need to grind some but also lots of parts where only 1 or 2 levels are required. It took a bit over 90 hours for me to get to Ultimecia's door fully prepared playing the fixed version. Then again I didn't play any Triple Triad. One thing to note though, the bosses from Lunatic Pandora onwards all have fixed levels even in max level mod so there will be more leveling required if you're lower level before that.

Edited by zedorfed66
edit

Hey, I just uploaded a new version of this mod. v7.3 takes away Spr Ignore from enemy Apocalypse. I had it implemented with Spr Ignore before but I feel it's better this way.

Something got me back to check up on things. I thought I should change some stuff with the GFs.

v7.5 doubles the exp requirement for GF levels. With that change i upped GF HP by a quarter. GF summoning power remains quarter from the og. GF SumMag+% is now og with GF HP+%.

These changes take effect immediately in game. GF levels get halved with the doubled exp requirement so if your GF happens to be lvl 100 it's now lvl 50 and can be leveled up from there.

Edited by zedorfed66

New small update.

v7.6 renames enemy skill "Catastrophe" into "Power Up" and removes its' Haste effect. GIM47N's Snipe Laser damage increased and Elite Soldier's Meltdown changes into Demi.