Sign in to follow this  
Kiminoshiranaii

Summon

4 posts in this topic

I'm a bit confused on the Summoning Esper stuff. Does the summon damage relies on Stamina, Magic or neither? I've only seen the Printme talking about the description of summons only and i want to focus Setzer as a summoner kinda fellow. Thanks.

Summons are all based off magic unless otherwise stated. A notable example would be Odin, which us stamina based. Also, it's not a good idea to only focus on a single character for summons as you can only use a summon once for the duration of an entire fight. Setzer has some good summons, but keep in mind that for every esper he has access to one other character has access to it as well. Some espers, like Golem, will be more situational than others but are very effective when used correctly. Basically, don't focus on one characters as a "summoner" as every character is capable of summoning and every esper has a unique purpose.

I honestly forgot all about Setzer's triple bar when I made my post. Most espers are based off magic unless they apply a buff, like Seraph, so having Setzer spam summons is not at all a bad idea. Triple bar is pretty inconsistent, though far from a reason not to use it as dice Setzer is one of my favorite builds. Just don't let summon spam overshadow his other abilities. But hey, if it works, then it works.