SolarZero

Geno Magic Timing

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is in the wrong area or if I missed the tutorial/patch notes, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting with Geno's magic timing. Am I supposed to be holding for power then release and tap Y for more damage or am I supposed to hold until damage shows up for the second timing.

Right now it just seems to do damage and that's it so I can't even tell if I'm getting the first timing down or not.

9 hours ago, SolarZero said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong area or if I missed the tutorial/patch notes, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting with Geno's magic timing. Am I supposed to be holding for power then release and tap Y for more damage or am I supposed to hold until damage shows up for the second timing.

Right now it just seems to do damage and that's it so I can't even tell if I'm getting the first timing down or not.

Assuming you're having trouble with the attacks that have 3 stars appear, you need to start holding Y once the message pops up and then release Y as soon as the third star appears.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:38 AM, Nitro said:

Assuming you're having trouble with the attacks that have 3 stars appear, you need to start holding Y once the message pops up and then release Y as soon as the third star appears.

That worked, can manage 1st timed hit now. I take it 2nd timing is still right before damage appears or is it during the blue flash?

On 2020-03-28 at 8:27 PM, SolarZero said:

That worked, can manage 1st timed hit now. I take it 2nd timing is still right before damage appears or is it during the blue flash?

There is no 2nd timing. The only things that always have 2 timings are weapons. Specials mostly retain their vanilla properties.