Alexow

Random Encounters

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Ive been playing this mod and Im really liking the changes it does but Ive been having a problem with the encounter rate, it just seems way too high for my tastes.

I cant really remember if the original was like this too (probably was) so my question is: is there any way to disable it whenever I want?

Ive tried out Gameshark codes but they dont seem to be working with this mod, and I know theres a relic later on in the original but at this rate Ill most likely drop this game before I get there due to the frustration it's giving me

Edited by Alexow

BNW doesn't have an encounter removing relic. The encounter rate should be slightly fewer than vanilla. That being said, vanilla's random encounters being complete breezes makes BNW's feel more frequent.

Without cheating or editing the ROM you can't reduce the encounter rate. There is a "fewer encounters" equipment flag that is still functional, but I'll leave editing gear to have it to your own efforts as BNW doesn't work fully with FF3usME without extra work.

1 hour ago, Nowea said:

BNW doesn't have an encounter removing relic. The encounter rate should be slightly fewer than vanilla. That being said, vanilla's random encounters being complete breezes makes BNW's feel more frequent.

Without cheating or editing the ROM you can't reduce the encounter rate. There is a "fewer encounters" equipment flag that is still functional, but I'll leave editing gear to have it to your own efforts as BNW doesn't work fully with FF3usME without extra work.

How can I disable them via cheating? Would I have to create a code that works with this mod?

Possibly? A vanilla code that simply sets the threat counter to 0 or acts like you have the aforementioned equipment flag would likely work.

Finding/making a code that does that is beyond my scope of knowledge though.