Sign in to follow this  
marioman

Blocking not working

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

First I want to show my appreciation and thank the creators of this mod for a job exceptionally well done. I have been using Armaggedon since v8 and your passion and dedication towards the project is really incredible. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, yesterday when I launched v9 (normal mode) for the first time, I realized that blocking is not working - at bowser's keep in the very beginning, and before you get to mushroom kingdom (right after mario's pad - i think it's called mushroom way). That's as far as I got so far. I'm certain my timing is right, but the game seems to not be allowing me to block. Is anyone else having this problem? And is there something I can do on my end to fix it? Or do I need to wait for a bug fix from the developers?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, marioman said:

Hi!

First I want to show my appreciation and thank the creators of this mod for a job exceptionally well done. I have been using Armaggedon since v8 and your passion and dedication towards the project is really incredible. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, yesterday when I launched v9 (normal mode) for the first time, I realized that blocking is not working - at bowser's keep in the very beginning, and before you get to mushroom kingdom (right after mario's pad - i think it's called mushroom way). That's as far as I got so far. I'm certain my timing is right, but the game seems to not be allowing me to block. Is anyone else having this problem? And is there something I can do on my end to fix it? Or do I need to wait for a bug fix from the developers?

Thanks!

Did you patch v9 on the same rom that you were using to play v8? If you did, that's the source of all your problems

Edit: Also, what emulator are you using?

Edited by Nitro
Emulator check

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

Did you patch v9 on the same rom that you were using to play v8? If you did, that's the source of all your problems

Edit: Also, what emulator are you using?

Thank you for your help! :)

That may have been true. To test, I just tried re-patching the game on a fresh rom and all the problems I described above went away, including the one in the other topic I posted.

And I'm using Snes9x.

Edit:

Also, at the beginning of the game Rosalina said it's now possible to block spells but I haven't been able to do so. Maybe my timing is off. How do I block spells and what does the timing have to be like? Am I supposed to block right before the spell hits my character, or am I supposed to wait until right after it hits and before it shows how much damage was done?

Thanks!

Edited by marioman
adding a question

On 2020-04-14 at 8:29 PM, marioman said:

Thank you for your help! :)

That may have been true. To test, I just tried re-patching the game on a fresh rom and all the problems I described above went away, including the one in the other topic I posted.

And I'm using Snes9x.

Edit:

Also, at the beginning of the game Rosalina said it's now possible to block spells but I haven't been able to do so. Maybe my timing is off. How do I block spells and what does the timing have to be like? Am I supposed to block right before the spell hits my character, or am I supposed to wait until right after it hits and before it shows how much damage was done?

Thanks!

I'm glad you were able to fix your problems!

The timing to block spells is generally right before the damage shows up/when the animation fades.