Sign in to follow this  
hmsong

Separate Category-patches?

7 posts in this topic

To all contributors of Sin of Mana:

Have you guys thought about releasing separate category-patches?  For example, you have have one patch for bug fixes (ex: Energy Ball not working, Kevin's Pressure Point stacking, Luck/AGI not working, etc), and you can have another patch for "quality" (ex: ability to run in battle, passive MP regen, Kevin/Hawk no longer doing absurd double hits, etc), and another patch for balance (class balance, skill changes, enemy boss behaviors, etc), equipment mods (including everyone using shield slot), and other things under "misc".  That way, people can CHOOSE certain things they want to apply.

Of course, I'm assuming some (or all) patches will share certain features (ex: macros that you used to make this patch).

I thought it would be very neat to have such thing.

After conversing between the whole team of me, myself and I, we've come to the following conclusion:

Not happening.

Last time I took up such a venture it turned into a total shit show thanks to some people and I have neither the time nor the will to put up with that again. Got better stuff to do.

Oh.  Based on your tone, I guess someone else requested this too, and the discussion went badly.  Too bad.

I'd sure like to see what happened in the discussion, but I suppose tracking down that discussion might be tough.

Well, thanks anyways.  As always, I really appreciate your help.

On 4/16/2020 at 5:18 PM, hmsong said:

To all contributors of Sin of Mana:

Have you guys thought about releasing separate category-patches?  For example, you have have one patch for bug fixes (ex: Energy Ball not working, Kevin's Pressure Point stacking, Luck/AGI not working, etc), and you can have another patch for "quality" (ex: ability to run in battle, passive MP regen, Kevin/Hawk no longer doing absurd double hits, etc), and another patch for balance (class balance, skill changes, enemy boss behaviors, etc), equipment mods (including everyone using shield slot), and other things under "misc".  That way, people can CHOOSE certain things they want to apply.

Of course, I'm assuming some (or all) patches will share certain features (ex: macros that you used to make this patch).

I thought it would be very neat to have such thing.

You don't want a standalone "Fix" patch, trust me. It just breaks the game even worse than it already is. Crits result in excessive damage that's well beyond sane, both incoming and outgoing.

Oh yes, just imagine every regular attack of any endgame enemy to have 20% chance to deal damage almost like their OP lv3 techs, well half of it, still nuts.

Wait, 20%?  That was the vanilla default critical hit rate if critical worked?!  I thought it'd be [stat/255], which is 2~8%.  Jesus.

I thought Sin of Mana's Energy Ball increase was a bit small (10%), but 50% is definitely too much.  Or is it that Energy Ball adds to the already existing crit hit rate? (so if default is 3%, then Energy Ball would add to the existing, hence becoming 13%?)

Edited by hmsong