KBGaming&&Music

Most Important Attributes?

4 posts in this topic

What would be the most important attributes when character building be, to you?

Thus far, I've found the following, in order from greatest to least importance:

HP || Stamina (depending on the individual character)
MP || Speed ("")
Magic
Vigor

I also tend to like having auto-haste/regen && disabling back attacks + increasing pre-emptive attacks, so that it's easier for those that have less HP to not get slammed before they get to act. Dual-wielding is another thing I like having, if mainly because sometimes, one attack can miss but then usually the other hits, sometimes hard. If Gau or Mog are in the party, I tend to have them in Rage and Dance mode respectively as soon as possible; for Gau I mostly use defensive/healing Rages like Rhydon (lulz). I believe Stamina is what drives these the most, so I find Stamina boosting to be paramount.

But that's me, what about you?

Addendum: For those who might not know... "||" is "OR" in Ruby. Yeah, I've a little bit of Ruby knowledge, not that it would necessarily be useful for ROM hacking...lolz
So, HP OR Stamina, MP OR Speed...

Edited by KBGaming&&Music
Clarification

HP boosting is the "boring but effective" route for pretty much any character that has access to it. If you have high HP and immunity to the statuses any given boss does you can usually KO it. No HP ELs are needed to clear the game (or levels even as LLG has proven)

Outside of that, it depends on the character, build, and preference.

I always say that pure HP and MP ELs are bad because I've never taken them yet I've never felt like I've ever needed more HP or MP on any of my characters. But since I've never played HP builds maybe I'm just making things intentionally harder on myself, who knows.

I tend to just pump whatever stat has the most synergy with that character, so I'll stack as much Magic as I can on characters like Relm and Terra or as much Stamina as I  can for my Stamina-build characters, etc. Seems effective enough to me since I've never found BNW particularly challenging.

Pure MP Build honnestly is kinda but Pure HP is definitly a valid option on anyone that has +60HP option, I only did it once with Celes, she was virtually impossible to kill, so amazing Tank, still has her good selection of spells either Runic or Schock, and vast equipment selection to tuned her however you want, tough that's Celes versatility for you.

Other than HP stamina is definitly the stat with the most benefit out of it, it just affect so much thing that you really can't go wrong with it on pretty much any characters that have a Stamina Build option.