Sign in to follow this  
Ferim32

Final Fantasy 6 Brave New World 2.0

11 posts in this topic

Hello All

I started BNW 2.0, as it is one of my favorite mods and I couldn't wait to record 2.0 for everyone. They go for about an hour and I could not believe I wiped so easily. Looking forward to diving in further!

Oddly found the Condor (Cirpius) to pose the most difficulty, RIP Tuskers. Vargas posed no problem. Just trying to get to espers so the mod really takes off. Any jokes at Banon's expense are always appreciated

So I lost a bet to my brother, and had to think of an extremely annoying voice for Kefka, thus Toad. I don't maintain it because it did a number on my voice, but amusing none the less. Still trying to get to Ramuh old buddy

Moving through Sabin's Scenario and through Locke's. Pretty straightforward, although the moved Phantom fight caught me off guard. Once we can get through Narshe the game will take off!

Also Sir Andy forever

I tried to put "clean" on but it didn't take sadly. I will have to tinker with it but I am pretty far in. I hope using vanilla is not frowned upon lol.

Edited by Ferim32

This is when the mod started showing its teeth. Not Kefka though, that scrub went down quick.

Having played an earlier version, I came in knowing Dadaluma was a roadblock. After semi preparing for this he....still is a roadblock. At no point did it seem unfair, it is just a matter of getting ahead of the curve with him. It is a fun fight and a good sendoff before getting your Espers.

Overall until this point it has not varied too much, super excited to move forward

The translation patch just goes on top of the base one, so you'd have to make a new one. Since it's just dialogue and names, there's no problem with switching up on an existing save file.

I personally frown on the vanilla patch because it's something I spent 9 years writing made deliberately bland for people who like to bitch. It's literally BNW with a personality-ectomy misrepresented as something closer to the vanilla translation, whereas the only thing it has in common with Ted Woolsey's script is... well, just being bland. I hate the damn thing and I hate seeing someone who falls outside of the very specific target audience being made to believe that it's their best option for playing through the game.

Great to know. Sadly I am at Kefka's Tower currently so it won't assist much. I appreciate the feedback and will make sure any future runs don't use vanilla.

Was excited to start my Esper levels. This part is still kinda the dry early part of the game, although Ultros was no cake walk. IMF should be fun and builds will come into shape. Cannot wait to get to FC!