Sign in to follow this  
praetarius5018

Road to 2.0

244 posts in this topic

One option would be to make Cold Blaze inflict sleep instead. Same general effect, not (yet) known to crash the game.

10 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

Getting rid of it would certainly make Rune Master less of an obvious choice for Angela.

Really? For general use I prefer Archmage, tbh.
6 elements instead of 4, and anti-magic to make sure she/her team is never element blocked (combos better for leaf coat purposes).

14 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

One option would be to make Cold Blaze inflict sleep instead. Same general effect, not (yet) known to crash the game.

If Snowman is too buggy, I think this is a good idea. Rune Master would still be awesome with Sleep.

But I think this is an important point. Lots of players love the Snowman effect, even with its bugs. Maybe start a new topic on the forum to get a general consensus on whether the bugs are worth it and decide later?

27 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

Getting rid of it would certainly make Rune Master less of an obvious choice for Angela.

Really? For general use I prefer Archmage, tbh.
6 elements instead of 4, and anti-magic to make sure she/her team is never element blocked (combos better for leaf coat purposes).

Good point; honestly I prefer Light Angela, Archmage and Grand Divina are such awesome classes, and Sorceress is great for the midgame. I just said that based on the general preference of the forum.

Edited by rpschamp

I wouldn't Cold Blaze inlict sleep instead. Still think Rune Master will be pretty strong even without the snowman status, you still have stone cloud for petrify, single target but you can use it on the most troublesome mob you find to deal with (as long as it wont resist petrifs that is).

But yeah I think more opinions are needed for this, for me it's fine tho as long as sleep wont crash the game same way as snowman tends to do.

What I currently intend to do:
The two bird species get immunity to snowman so they can't trigger the bug.
Cold Blaze becomes the only source of snowman status.
Enemy attacks/specials that inflict it get it removed or something else.
Gear with snowman resist gets other status resist or replaced entirely if that is the only thing it does.

And the chibikko&petrify weapon probably get on the chopping block as well.

10 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

What I currently intend to do:
The two bird species get immunity to snowman so they can't trigger the bug.
Cold Blaze becomes the only source of snowman status.
Enemy attacks/specials that inflict it get it removed or something else.
Gear with snowman resist gets other status resist or replaced entirely if that is the only thing it does.

And the chibikko&petrify weapon probably get on the chopping block as well.

* nod in agreement *

Silence and Poison make more sense as melee-inflictable status effects. Petrify was too much, and Chibikko was never funny.

With immunities in place, Snowman could also go on Freya, but if you think it's too good for Vanadis, forget it. I don't want to advocate for Vanadis anyways; I don't love the class.

More new weapons to think about!

Edited by rpschamp

Defender should obviously increase defense.

Maybe a shield/aggro alternative that all characters could access later in the game? (Duran and Lise would still have better shield options through most of the game.) I like this idea since other characters could become tanks in the endgame if necessary.

This might also be a good place for your superarmor/strong-attack weapon.

Edited by rpschamp

10 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

This might also be a good place for your superarmor/strong-attack weapon.

Superarmor already goes on the Bastard Sword.

11 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

Maybe a shield/aggro alternative that all characters could access later in the game?

I don't see why any of the other 4 would need this, at least thematically.

8 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:
20 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

Maybe a shield/aggro alternative that all characters could access later in the game?

I don't see why any of the other 4 would need this, at least thematically.

They may not need it thematically, but they may need it practically.

You could envision this as an alternative shield without the bonus status resistance. Maybe a medium strength weapon. Paladin may prefer this, for instance, to keep his accessories open, so he can still heal strongly.

Edited by rpschamp

10 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

hmmm... maybe lets compromise to Duran, Kevin and Lise having the aggro weapon and the other 3 something else

Kevin but not Hawk?

EDIT: I could also see Grand Divina using this nicely, leading a team with her near-instant damage spells, pushing enemies back as they come near.

Edited by rpschamp

By the way, is there such a thing as negative aggro? As in, gtf away from me? Might be useful for casters :-)

Edited by rpschamp

16 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

By the way, is there such a thing as negative aggro? As in, gtf away from me?

Not in the way I've coded it.
Basically the AI had 2 options:

1. it checks who is closer, in those cases I simply cut the calculated distance in half
  2. it selects a random target (mostly single target spells), here I simply give prio to a shield bearer

for 1. I could do double, but 2.?
Also I always find that form of aggro management stupid, I can believe it if a big guy just rubs himself into a bosses face to gain/keep aggro or basically taking his entire field of vision by shoving a shield into it.
But why would wearing a little ring make me "invisible" to him when he has already buried his claws into my flesh?

12 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

Not in the way I've coded it.
Basically the AI had 2 options:

1. it checks who is closer, in those cases I simply cut the calculated distance in half
  2. it selects a random target (mostly single target spells), here I simply give prio to a shield bearer

for 1. I could do double, but 2.?
Also I always find that form of aggro management stupid, I can believe it if a big guy just rubs himself into a bosses face to gain/keep aggro or basically taking his entire field of vision by shoving a shield into it.
But why would wearing a little ring make me "invisible" to him when he has already buried his claws into my flesh?

I don't think you should recode it, it works very well as you've made it.

I would just set the Defender-class weapons to aggro, like shields. It's okay if Angela and Carlie don't typically buy it; many of the weapons are specifically for fighters or casters, anyways. But making it universal would leave the option open if a non-Duran/Lise character wanted to act as a shield. This weapon is not available until late anyways, so it should only impact the endgame, mostly for Duran or Lise to refine their equipment, but perhaps also for a non-Duran/Lise-led team to pick up a useful strategy.

Edited by rpschamp

I see no real benefit to the casters having an aggro option, and with the split they could at least gain 1.5 caster weapon options before their class specific ones.

But then it would be inconsistent for only one weapon tier outside the final ones to be this divided..

Trust me, casters could use an aggro option; Hawk/Angela/Carlie is a thing, and I've been planning a Grand Divina-led team for a while.

L50, 13 PIE, no heal bonuses:
regeneration - 115 MT, 143 ST
heal light - 168 MT, 210 ST

L50, 13 PIE, wendel armor:
regeneration - 138 MT, 172 ST
heal light - 191 MT, 238 ST

regeneration 8 MP, heal light 10 mp, regeneration casts a bit faster.

Old Heal Light was 9 MP and healed w/out that armor 140 MT, 175 ST or 166 MT, 207 ST with.

I guess this could work.

20 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

hmmm... maybe lets compromise to Duran, Kevin and Lise having the aggro weapon and the other 3 something else

Thinking more about this Defender-class weapon.... Maybe it would be better to just have it increase physical and magical defense, instead of increasing aggro? That way, Duran and Lise could use this and shields at the same time, directing attacks towards them and taking less damage. Right now the only weapon that increases defense that I'm aware of is the deathless one, and there is already an option for evade.

3 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

L50, 13 PIE, no heal bonuses:
regeneration - 115 MT, 143 ST
heal light - 168 MT, 210 ST

L50, 13 PIE, wendel armor:
regeneration - 138 MT, 172 ST
heal light - 191 MT, 238 ST

regeneration 8 MP, heal light 10 mp, regeneration casts a bit faster.

Old Heal Light was 9 MP and healed w/out that armor 140 MT, 175 ST or 166 MT, 207 ST with.

I guess this could work.

This looks good. But did you consider a HP recovery over time effect? It might be nice to distinguish it more from Heal Light, and also as an early introduction to the upkeep system.

40 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

This looks good. But did you consider a HP recovery over time effect? It might be nice to distinguish it more from Heal Light, and also as an early introduction to the upkeep system.

I'm not sure I can find a HP/s value at this point that wouldn't royally break the game.
This would stack with the HP regen ring and Sage's weapon which together already maxes at 20/s (well, "second"). So that can easily recover 100~200 HP between boss attacks, do you take that much after buffs? Is even more easy regen really needed?

I have to take care that that value doesn't reach "afk mode".

edit: 25/s, the rings stack

Edited by praetarius5018