Sign in to follow this  
praetarius5018

Road to 2.0

244 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2020 at 12:01 PM, praetarius5018 said:

The only thing I can't do there item wise is differentiate between the 24 class specific weapons..
so if someone has a better name than just "Champion" for those, feel welcome to write it. Char limit 15.

I would go for ???, like the seeds, since the effect is different for each class; this will direct the player to look at the docs. Champion and Ultimate are good too though.

Also, I want to agree with everyone that the new item names are awesome; this will make it much easier for new players to get into this mod.

Im going to do a write-up on my Ninja Master, Dervish, Sage team soon; after playing Angela-based teams for a long time, this has really been a breath of fresh air. And I'm already starting to think of teams for 2.0....

Edited by rpschamp

Or I can just accidently find a way to fit in the 24 weapon names, that works too...

2 hours ago, rpschamp said:

And I'm already starting to think of teams for 2.0....

Get out of my head!!
How'd you know enough of the changes to plan a team at this point?

5 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

Get out of my head!!
How'd you know enough of the changes to plan a team at this point?

I don't. I'm just thinking based on the drafts of learnable skills per class you've posted here. Mainly old ideas for teams I wanted to try, but couldn't get the right balance of skills until 2.0.

I'm not considering potential capstones, which will of course effect everything.

There are a few of these classes in particular I'm really excited about, mostly Dark Lise, Ninja Master, and Kevin....

Edited by rpschamp

On 7/7/2020 at 8:09 AM, Nesouk said:

Well some ideas :

Duran :

Paladin : Deadly Undead

(...)

No ideas for Ninja Master and Necromancer.

for now I'm going with:

Spoiler

Exorcise+
Subterfuge
Yellow or bust
CQC Tech
Counter Extend
TP Heal Boost
L3 Armor Break
Berserker Wolf
Half Vanish+
Critical Spell
EnfeeblingSpell
L2/3 Revenge
Dual Tech
ExploitWeakness
RTFM
AoE Master
CoDzilla
Heal Aura
Spell Revenge
Enervate Spawn
Saber-Elem. God
Quick Cast
Anti-Magic+
Drain Counter

4 hours ago, Kei said:

What does RTFM stand for?

"Read The Fucking Manual"

This is her weapon which gives some but not all L3 spells MT ability and makes her L2 spells ignore resistance and immunity.
I've no idea what to name that weapon without being misleading.
"MT Lv3 spells" is wrong as Stone Cloud is not affected and it also ignores the other half of the effect.

8 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

"Read The Fucking Manual"

This is her weapon which gives some but not all L3 spells MT ability and makes her L2 spells ignore resistance and immunity.
I've no idea what to name that weapon without being misleading.
"MT Lv3 spells" is wrong as Stone Cloud is not affected and it also ignores the other half of the effect.

Lol'd. Yeah, the effect's too complex to resume in one word, but I think "Read the Manual" (exactly 15 characters) would look better than using an acronym for clarity purposes. 

3 hours ago, Kei said:

Lol'd. Yeah, the effect's too complex to resume in one word, but I think "Read the Manual" (exactly 15 characters) would look better than using an acronym for clarity purposes. 

But it is a rod not a book!
Maybe I should consider a certain running gag and name it "InsertTextHere!"

So since I can't add any text notification when you'd gain a capstone...

5f0cabdfaf4e4_SeikenDensetsu3(J)_sinofmana053.png.0d3f40be0fe194f6ef594043ad64899f.png

spell 9 goes into bottom right, spell 10 top right, bottom left stays empty
not pretty but what can you do with limitations...

2 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

But it is a rod not a book!
Maybe I should consider a certain running gag and name it "InsertTextHere!"

So since I can't add any text notification when you'd gain a capstone...

5f0cabdfaf4e4_SeikenDensetsu3(J)_sinofmana053.png.0d3f40be0fe194f6ef594043ad64899f.png

spell 9 goes into bottom right, spell 10 top right, bottom left stays empty
not pretty but what can you do with limitations...

If you could put the ten spells on slots 1-10 (from left to right), skip one slot and put the capstone on the last slot it'd be perfect, but you probably already tried something like that. I'd say it's good enough, you're already working miracles on this game, I'm not the one about to complain :D 

Here's an idea for a spell.  I noticed that spell flag 1C (which is used for Angel's Grail to revive a fallen ally) can be used as offense and defense.  If you use a spell with that flag on a live target, then it changes the target's HP to that of power flag.  For example, if you set the power flag to C8 00, and you use it on the target (enemy or ally), it'll change his HP to 200 (at most).  This works on bosses (sadly), so you shouldn't make it for your characters to use it against enemies (it'll curbstomp all bosses).  It also has a side effect of fully restoring the MP, so perhaps your characters should never use it, even as a recovery spell.

On the other hand, bosses can use it very effectively.  On offense, the power flag can be set to 0A 00 and target everyone, so that it'll reduce all your characters' HP to 10 (very dangerous) if certain conditions are met.  And on the opposite side of the coin, if certain conditions are met, the boss can use it on himself, with power flag FF FF to restore himself completely.

I don't know if bosses (or any enemies, really) have something called MP.

8 hours ago, hmsong said:

On the other hand, bosses can use it very effectively.  On offense, the power flag can be set to 0A 00 and target everyone, so that it'll reduce all your characters' HP to 10 (very dangerous) if certain conditions are met.

Sounds like what Archdemon has already except multi-target. Not interested.

And on the opposite side of the coin, if certain conditions are met, the boss can use it on himself, with power flag FF FF to restore himself completely.

So Xan Bie again?

I don't know if bosses (or any enemies, really) have something called MP.

They have but most bosses have as part of their script curMP = maxMP every couple moments because the game becomes very unhappy (read: freezes) when a large size boss tries and fails to cast a spell.

current list of capstones:

Duran
STR - enemies spawn with -15 p.def&m.def
AGL - sword magic +atk gives 20% instead of 10% (party)
VIT - MP regen tick also restores 15 HP
INT - gain 10 p.def&m.def and +10 HP per cursed acc. equipped
PIE - 10 maxMP
LUK - increases crit rate resistance of party by 20%

Kevin
STR - enemies spawn with -15 p.def&m.def
AGL - when a weapon attack would inflict a status effect (even if immune) subtract another 100 HP
VIT - draw aggro
INT - sword magic +atk gives 20% instead of 10% (party)
PIE - recover 3 MP when using a Lv2/3 tech
LUK - party takes less damage from critical hits

Hawk
STR - enemies spawn with -20 evade
AGL - successful counterattack shortens the next damage spell cast time by 90%
VIT - 20 evade
INT - when a weapon attack would inflict a status effect (even if immune) subtract another 100 HP
PIE - using a Lv2/3 tech spreads the current saber element to the party and makes pseudo saber real unless resisted
LUK - ignore monster type specific crit resistance; critical damage +20%

Angela
STR - +1 TP gain
AGL - party casts 20% faster
VIT - primary elemental (fire, ice, wind, earth) spells heal party by 50 HP
INT - pierce 60 m.def
PIE - gain 15 p.def&m.def and +10 HP per cursed acc. equipped
LUK - weapons use LUK instead of their regular stat

Charlie
STR - Lv2/3 techs inflict "wood coat" effect unless fire saber is active
AGL - enemies spawn with -20 evade
VIT - 50 maxHP, 10 p.def&m.def
INT - light&dark elemental spells deal more damage
PIE - Tinkle Rain recovers 150 HP for target when clearing a status effect
LUK - spells cost 20% MP less, min 1 (party); does not change displayed cost

Lise
STR - 20% more attack, non-critical regular attacks deal half damage
AGL - weapon cooldown -7 (party)
VIT - enemies spawn with -15 attack
INT - can equip any weapon and armor
PIE - recover 3 MP when using a Lv2/3 tech
LUK - party takes 1/8 less damage from spells

current item changes:

*Gladius tier weapons now draw aggro (only melee) and penalize defense
*Molebear Claw and Roundel Dagger heal (maxHP x (luck+10)/512 + (luck+1)/2) HP instead of (maxHP x (luck+10)/256 + (luck+1)/2) HP
*Bastard Sword type weapons are now regular heavy attack instead of low scaling; additionally they grant super armor during power attack cooldown
*Colichimarde type weapons now gain additional crit rate based on TP x2 instead of x3
*Defender type weapons now increase p.def and set p.atk = p.def instead of inflicting chibikko status
*Dragonbane type weapons no longer inflict petrification, instead they make Lv2/3 techs deal damage like non-elemental INT-based spells and spell casting generate 2 TP; does not stack with same effect
*increased crit rate bonus of Flamberge type weapon from 7 to 18
*decreased crit rate bonus of Gladius type weapon from 0 to -100 and increased their hitrate from 10 to 20

*Leather Visor tier helms now are pure physical defense instead of mixed
*Protection Helm tier helms now give x1.25 p.def but defenselessness against L3 techs
*Hero's Crown tier helms now allow MP regen ticks during casting and spell animation but provide 1 MP less per MP regen tick
*Visored Helm tier helms now resist chibikko, moogle and silence instead of having 2 resistances that vary by character
*weakness cancelling helm for base class weakness now removes all weaknesses

*Pegasus tier armors now resists petrify, sleep, poison instead of having 2 resistances that vary by character
*Swordsman Armor tier armors are now medium level defense instead of light-medium; bonus changed to spell dodge for half damage
*the spell power increase from Skeleton tier armors is no longer capped at Lv 3.5
*Hero's armor tier armor now empowers the power up buff for standard, critical and L1 tech attacks to x2 instead of x1.25 and disables counter
*fixed Lammelar tier armor breaking techs if too much TP is gained before the user lands his first real hit
*Knight armor tier armor now provides auto-buff spell upgrade instead of its previous effect

*Dragon Ring now gives immunity to standard debuffs instead of HP steal
*Protect Ring freezes death score at 1 (no HP loss but disqualified for deathless) on battle victory
*Ancient Talisman and Marble Ring now teach a spell when equipped instead of their previous effects
*Leather Neckband now gives HP steal instead of 5 accuracy&evade
*increased base defense increase from Blackshade Ring from 7 to 10
*the elemental resistance accessoires now also cancel weakness to the same element
*increased regeneration of Mad Beast Fang but made it non-stacking

3 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

PIE - using a Lv2/3 tech spreads the current saber element to the party and makes pseudo saber real unless resisted

I don't get this one, what's a pseudo saber and how does it differ from the real ones?

By the way, oh my god it's fucking happening

6 hours ago, Kei said:

I don't get this one, what's a pseudo saber and how does it differ from the real ones?

By the way, oh my god it's fucking happening

Pseudo Saber are the accessories that make your attack elemental, unlike Saber spell they don't give you the 10% damage increase that saber spell does, and IIRC they don't give the damage increase to spell of the same element.

That's right, I forgot the accessories didn't give the 10% bonus. Damn, I really need to get back into this and finish my last playthrough before this comes out

Between level 38 where you have your final class change and level 99 is a lot of space without some other bonuses. Very cool ideas overall.

Edited by smileless

Well it stick to the mod idea as it's design now it has 4 "phase"

Phase 1 : Early game up to LV18, base class access to basic equipment.

Phase 2 : Class 2 from LV18 to LV38, access to most of the equipment, character start to have more spell and build possibility.

Phase 3 : Class 3 from LV38 to LV60, access to Class 3, have access to almost everything, this is where you should focusing your character to how you want to build them regarding the spell they have, with 2.0 this will your last moment to select the Curse Items.

Phase 4 : At LV60, access to Final Weapon which should conclude your build for character (if not already), with 2.0 Curse items locked so if you haven't choose them no coming back, and Capstones as a complement for how you give stat to the characters up to that point.