Sign in to follow this  
praetarius5018

Road to 2.0

237 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2020 at 12:01 PM, praetarius5018 said:

The only thing I can't do there item wise is differentiate between the 24 class specific weapons..
so if someone has a better name than just "Champion" for those, feel welcome to write it. Char limit 15.

I would go for ???, like the seeds, since the effect is different for each class; this will direct the player to look at the docs. Champion and Ultimate are good too though.

Also, I want to agree with everyone that the new item names are awesome; this will make it much easier for new players to get into this mod.

Im going to do a write-up on my Ninja Master, Dervish, Sage team soon; after playing Angela-based teams for a long time, this has really been a breath of fresh air. And I'm already starting to think of teams for 2.0....

Edited by rpschamp

Or I can just accidently find a way to fit in the 24 weapon names, that works too...

2 hours ago, rpschamp said:

And I'm already starting to think of teams for 2.0....

Get out of my head!!
How'd you know enough of the changes to plan a team at this point?

5 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

Get out of my head!!
How'd you know enough of the changes to plan a team at this point?

I don't. I'm just thinking based on the drafts of learnable skills per class you've posted here. Mainly old ideas for teams I wanted to try, but couldn't get the right balance of skills until 2.0.

I'm not considering potential capstones, which will of course effect everything.

There are a few of these classes in particular I'm really excited about, mostly Dark Lise, Ninja Master, and Kevin....

Edited by rpschamp

On 7/7/2020 at 8:09 AM, Nesouk said:

Well some ideas :

Duran :

Paladin : Deadly Undead

(...)

No ideas for Ninja Master and Necromancer.

for now I'm going with:

Spoiler

Exorcise+
Subterfuge
Yellow or bust
CQC Tech
Counter Extend
TP Heal Boost
L3 Armor Break
Berserker Wolf
Half Vanish+
Critical Spell
EnfeeblingSpell
L2/3 Revenge
Dual Tech
ExploitWeakness
RTFM
AoE Master
CoDzilla
Heal Aura
Spell Revenge
Enervate Spawn
Saber-Elem. God
Quick Cast
Anti-Magic+
Drain Counter

4 hours ago, Kei said:

What does RTFM stand for?

"Read The Fucking Manual"

This is her weapon which gives some but not all L3 spells MT ability and makes her L2 spells ignore resistance and immunity.
I've no idea what to name that weapon without being misleading.
"MT Lv3 spells" is wrong as Stone Cloud is not affected and it also ignores the other half of the effect.

8 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

"Read The Fucking Manual"

This is her weapon which gives some but not all L3 spells MT ability and makes her L2 spells ignore resistance and immunity.
I've no idea what to name that weapon without being misleading.
"MT Lv3 spells" is wrong as Stone Cloud is not affected and it also ignores the other half of the effect.

Lol'd. Yeah, the effect's too complex to resume in one word, but I think "Read the Manual" (exactly 15 characters) would look better than using an acronym for clarity purposes. 

3 hours ago, Kei said:

Lol'd. Yeah, the effect's too complex to resume in one word, but I think "Read the Manual" (exactly 15 characters) would look better than using an acronym for clarity purposes. 

But it is a rod not a book!
Maybe I should consider a certain running gag and name it "InsertTextHere!"

So since I can't add any text notification when you'd gain a capstone...

5f0cabdfaf4e4_SeikenDensetsu3(J)_sinofmana053.png.0d3f40be0fe194f6ef594043ad64899f.png

spell 9 goes into bottom right, spell 10 top right, bottom left stays empty
not pretty but what can you do with limitations...

2 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

But it is a rod not a book!
Maybe I should consider a certain running gag and name it "InsertTextHere!"

So since I can't add any text notification when you'd gain a capstone...

5f0cabdfaf4e4_SeikenDensetsu3(J)_sinofmana053.png.0d3f40be0fe194f6ef594043ad64899f.png

spell 9 goes into bottom right, spell 10 top right, bottom left stays empty
not pretty but what can you do with limitations...

If you could put the ten spells on slots 1-10 (from left to right), skip one slot and put the capstone on the last slot it'd be perfect, but you probably already tried something like that. I'd say it's good enough, you're already working miracles on this game, I'm not the one about to complain :D 

Here's an idea for a spell.  I noticed that spell flag 1C (which is used for Angel's Grail to revive a fallen ally) can be used as offense and defense.  If you use a spell with that flag on a live target, then it changes the target's HP to that of power flag.  For example, if you set the power flag to C8 00, and you use it on the target (enemy or ally), it'll change his HP to 200 (at most).  This works on bosses (sadly), so you shouldn't make it for your characters to use it against enemies (it'll curbstomp all bosses).  It also has a side effect of fully restoring the MP, so perhaps your characters should never use it, even as a recovery spell.

On the other hand, bosses can use it very effectively.  On offense, the power flag can be set to 0A 00 and target everyone, so that it'll reduce all your characters' HP to 10 (very dangerous) if certain conditions are met.  And on the opposite side of the coin, if certain conditions are met, the boss can use it on himself, with power flag FF FF to restore himself completely.

I don't know if bosses (or any enemies, really) have something called MP.

8 hours ago, hmsong said:

On the other hand, bosses can use it very effectively.  On offense, the power flag can be set to 0A 00 and target everyone, so that it'll reduce all your characters' HP to 10 (very dangerous) if certain conditions are met.

Sounds like what Archdemon has already except multi-target. Not interested.

And on the opposite side of the coin, if certain conditions are met, the boss can use it on himself, with power flag FF FF to restore himself completely.

So Xan Bie again?

I don't know if bosses (or any enemies, really) have something called MP.

They have but most bosses have as part of their script curMP = maxMP every couple moments because the game becomes very unhappy (read: freezes) when a large size boss tries and fails to cast a spell.