Sign in to follow this  
scrapmettle

No Item Command run

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried/beaten the game without the item command? I want to give it a go, idk how reasonable it would be to beat the zombie bosses though. More generally, is there an index of challenge runs people have done? Forum search/google haven't been fruitful.

Kain did a BNW LLG run a little while back, and Mishrak seems pretty into speedrunning it. Folks talk about other run ideas (no spending money and no Espers have both come up recently, IIRC) on the Discord from time to time, maybe ask around on there.

Nobody has. Obviously, you'll need to make an exception to recruit Gau. You'll also have to establish in battle/out of battle rules.

Thanks for weighing in, my plan was to not use the command in or out of battle (except on Gau) so mp could be tight early on. Probably would involve a bit of over-leveling, which may turn it into an un-challenge run. . . I'll let you know how it goes.

I did a run where I spent no money at all other than the 1 GP at Thamasa inn, and it was by far the most fun I've had playing BNW. I imagine a no item run would be good for similar reasons. Let us know how it goes!