Sign in to follow this  
GamingFiend

Pure Random Esper Challenge

3 posts in this topic

https://gyazo.com/26497911798f4626074bb8ad334c5ddf.png[/img]

Has anyone ever done this? The idea is you randomize all characters cept Gogo and Umaru since they can't equip espers (I included them and crossed them out after I realized lol). Then you randomize the esper list. You line them up and go in order, the first available esper that character can equip becomes their solely their esper for EL bonuses. You must use all EL bonus for that esper, and nothing else. For this challenge I am only making that limitation, you could in theory also have the character only learn their magic from THAT esper, and only able to equip that Esper in battle to make it even harder. No Respecs, if you end up with a WoR esper you're stuck until you get it.

So for this go around I ended up with:

Edgar: Palidor

Mog: Maduin

Celes: Seraph

Setzer: Starlet

Sabin: Golem

Cyan: Bismarck

Gau: Stray

Relm: Ifrit

Strago: Odin

Shadow: Fenrir

Terra: Carbunkl

Locke: Phoenix

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgar: Palidor

Not terrible, fast chainsaws and autocrossbows to finish randoms, will be one hell of Dragoon Jumping DPS machine. Relatively weak utility but Defib will be fast at least, Remedy still helpful and Cure 2 might be ok for an emergency single target heal

Mog: Maduin

A very balanced dancer with respectable stats in Mag/Stam

Celes: Seraph

She will kinda play similarly to a Vanilla, just with her refined spell options of BnW. Plenty of HP/MP means she can spell spam, and considering what Terra drew down the the line here (OH god...) she will probably be taking the Soul Box. Maybe Merton Spam? The HP/MP affords me the option to essentially build her equipment towards anything I want, ??? is an option, Magic DPS/Healer, or even Physical with Illumina which I will also probably get for her this playthrough. Honestly, pure Seraph is pretty viable. Celes will probably be the MvP this playthrough

Setzer: Starlet

The forecast is up, it's gonna be raining hard this playthrough, with a RegenX on the horizon.

Sabin: Golem

Another Tank that I DESPERATELY need. Usually you'd like to mix in Terrato before he should have enough HP to suffice in the front row with good support.

Cyan: Bismarck

Without ANY Crusader levels he's gonna be iin for a rough time in the front row lol..... I guess put him in a team that has Image support and lots of healing and hope he can murder things brutally with Tempest but he takes hits.

Gau: Stray

Mantodea/Shrapnel and a some prayers

Relm: Ifrit

LOL!!! Quicksilver Relm to the rescue, maybe try to gear toward Stamina and and spam windbreaker for randoms then before the boss gear toward magic and spam Flare/Meteor until she runs out of MP, which won't be boosted this time unfortunately.

Strago: Odin

Full support god, status immune and slow as fuck. Wind Breaker will destroy

Shadow: Fenrir

Kinda like Relm, unless Setzer drains all my GP his ammo could be virtually unlimited of skeens and shrurikens so DPS should be fantastic, till he gets hit

Terra: Carbunkl

....Hey, it coulda been Ragnarok.  Even though Stam is high, with no HP boosts at all I probably will want to ignore Morph unless i'm feeling really lucky. Least I can spam spells to my heart's content.

Locke: Phoenix

I've run pure Phoenix Locke before. It's a thing of beauty. I got a feeling X-Magic Life 2 will be getting a lot of use this playthrough!

Random Esper Challenge.png

Edited by GamingFiend