Sign in to follow this  
Rapturous

Thank you!

10 posts in this topic

Thank you for creating this mod.  Seriously.  The staggering amount of time and work that went into perfecting this is evident every step of the way, from Terra's introduction to Kefka's demise.

I played FFIII on the SNES in elementary school, and I was blown away.  It's been one of my favorite games of all time.  Over the years, I realized some of the shortcomings it had--lack of character identity, obscenely broken strategies, bugs all over the place, etc.--but I still adore it, and not simply out of nostalgia.  FFIII truly holds up.

But your work here fixes all of those shortcomings, and not in a slapdash kind of way.  It's immensely creative.  Every random encounter and boss battle--from getting annihilated against Repo Men and Sewer Rats to the immensely satisfying Kefka fight--feels painstakingly worked on.  If you wanted to be a professional game designer (maybe you are), then you've already proven yourself.

I almost never revisit old games just because of all the new and amazing titles constantly coming out.  Who can keep up?  Justifying playing an old game just doesn't happen, but my brother pushed BNW after playing it recently, and I relented.  Thank you for improving on a gem in the best way possible.  This is THE definitive way to play FFVI, and if/when I revisit the game, it'll be with your mod.  When others talk about playing it again or for the first time, this is the way I'll recommend the game.  The vanilla title just doesn't compare.  Thank you!

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Makes spending so long working on this thing worth it o/

Yeah, I want to second this feeling. The mod is amazing. I was blown away at every turn. Care went into every aspect of the game, and it shows.

Honestly, you are so talented that I wish you'd do other Brave New World mods for other FFs or RPGs. Have you ever thought of that? Maybe BNW for FF5, Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger. That'd be cool.

Edited by AuthenticM

My current project is Heroes of Might & Magic III, so if that sort of game is your thing...

My dream would be a BNW version of Suikoden II.

That game is so good but it could be so much better mechanically and character balance-wise.

But I think BTB probably doesnt want to spend another 10 years doing that lol

On 29.08.2020 at 12:40 PM, Dyne said:

My dream would be a BNW version of Suikoden II.

Check Eiyuden Chronicle if you haven't heard of it yet.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:39 AM, wtbskill said:

Check Eiyuden Chronicle if you haven't heard of it yet.

Yep! Its definitely on my radar! Thanks

If I had the time and patience to learn hacking PSX games, Suikoden I and II would be the very first games I'd dive into. I adore the series, but there is a *lot* of work to be done on both of those games.

For what it's worth, the director of the first three Suikoden games, Yoshitaka Murayama, is directly involved in Eiyuden Chronicle, so I backed the hell out of it on day one.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:14 PM, Synchysi said:

If I had the time and patience to learn hacking PSX games, Suikoden I and II would be the very first games I'd dive into. I adore the series, but there is a *lot* of work to be done on both of those games.

For what it's worth, the director of the first three Suikoden games, Yoshitaka Murayama, is directly involved in Eiyuden Chronicle, so I backed the hell out of it on day one.

http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topic/93-suikoden-hard-mode-complete/

There's an editor for Suikoden on RHDN.

Edited by MysticLord

I will have to mess with that next chance I get, though I think much of what I would end up wanting to do is probably beyond the scope of an editor.