Sign in to follow this  
LandonRay

Mod Updates

31 posts in this topic

Hey Landon Ray,

I recall the og P4 and Undub having the enemy sections in precisely same place. So I wonder if you changed something else than just the enemy strength values?

Keep up the good work.

Those links I posted should expire soon, do you have a discord I can post them too so they will persist until you update the download links here and at RHDN?

I have two minor suggestions for the DQ8 hardtype. Firstly, I think you should increase the starting area monsters EXP (before getting Angelo/being able to farm metal slimes) to make it a smoother experience and less grindy. Second, I would make the first Timbrel of Tension available earlier to facilitate the harder boss fights.

Only other suggestion is I wish this was a hardtype of the 3DS version instead, but alas I imagine that isn't possible. Also just wanted to say thanks Landon for the mods over the years, played a lot of them!

Hello, thanks for the good and sacred work on patching difficulty!

I patched Xenogears vith hardtype 4.2 using PPR-o-Matic and the NTSC-US version cue/bin file, but can't launch it on Retroarch or Epsxe. Retrolaunch says Bad Sector. 

What did i do wrong?

Thanks!

On 23.2.2021 at 5:12 PM, Soundman said:

Hello, thanks for the good and sacred work on patching difficulty!

I patched Xenogears vith hardtype 4.2 using PPR-o-Matic and the NTSC-US version cue/bin file, but can't launch it on Retroarch or Epsxe. Retrolaunch says Bad Sector. 

What did i do wrong?

Thanks!

You may have patched the .cue file instead of the main image file. The other thing, you might've accidentally patched the images with wrong disc patches.

The infamous Landon Ray still in the ring? I've missed this entirely. I remember googling Xenogears mods years ago and found almost nothing except your mod, accompanied by woe and lamentation from those who played it, haha. I put it in the backburner but now after all this time it might be time to finally have a go at it, although jugend's impressions do make me hesitate a bit... If the difficulty is quite frontloaded, ostensibly mostly because of the lack of options as is usually the case early on in RPGs, and by the endgame when you'd usually want the most challenge - because you have all these awesome bells & whistles and actually know how to play the game - the difficulty nosedives, then it's really the wrong way around and might not be worth it for me. Any thoughts on that?

Edited by Hapanpappa