Fein-Life

I made the V.8 Tutorials-Should I make V.9 Tutorials?

24 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I've been gone for a while, but I'm back and I'm loving version 9.

For context, im the guy who made all the YouTube tutorials for version 8.

I wanted to ask the Armageddon community if y'all think I should make in depth tutorials on version 9 of this game - or not. I wasn't sure if people felt like this version warranted more tutorials, objectively speaking. I've personally had to watch some of my own tutorials to jog my memory on a few things, but there is so much new in this version of the game that I thought might not be intuitive to new comers.

Thoughts?

I feel like this version is HELLA rng

The download formats are confusing to me

I'm not sure if I have content mode or normal or what.

Doomsday, which one do I have? Lol. I downloaded this one during the beginning of its launch after yall made the first patch

Idk, but the mode im playing is hella difficult lol.

I have been taking screenshots of minor things that may need a patch. Here's some of them

Edit: The first two photos show the text of 2 different items but with different descriptions, but im guessing they do the same thing?

The last 2 photos are the 2 other items with the same issue. 

Edit again: first 2 photos are the same.. lol but, I found a forum for reporting things on a side note.

Screenshot_20200829-180543_John SNES Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20200829-180543_John SNES Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20200829-180533_John SNES Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20200829-180525_John SNES Lite.jpg

Edited by Fein-Life

Holy hell, soul dew is even more busted than before!

Edit: I'm watching Tim Cast as you can see haha

Screenshot_20200830-093710_John SNES Lite.jpg

Edited by Fein-Life

I am shocked how ez it was to capture Celebi...

I literally threw a regular poke ball as my very first action in the battle... and captured him lol.

The masterball is basically useless, unless there's another Pokémon out there idk about. I didnt get the masterball until after beating and capturing all the Pokémon 

In version 8 I used the masterball to get celebi 

Don't you worry, any and all bugs you may or may not find have likely already been dealt with for 9.1.

Speaking of 9.1, it's coming out at some point, get hype!

To also stay on topic, I myself was thinking of making some guides for 9.1, and would love to see some examples on how to make them as helpful as possible. Seeing you make some for 9.0 could really help me with that.

Sorry if I'm being a bit hard to understand, making a proper sentence was never my strong suit.

Btw, you are indeed playing normal mode, but as there aren't that many obvious differences between the first public patch and the newer one, your best bet would probably be to go to the downloads section and getting normal mode from there. If this is how you got the patch in the first place, then you already have the right one, but if you got in from one of the topics here, then you'll definitely want to switch.

The biggest and most obvious difference would be Rosalina's difficulty. She's a complete pushover in the old patch and a superbuffed maniac in the updated one.

Once again, if some parts are hard to understand or if I sound mean in any way, I'm sorry.

Ahh... I'm assuming my patch is outdated seeing as mine was emailed to me by Dark Kefka before it was launched. But, I THINK he gave me an updated version that I used later.. 

As far as my tutorials, idk if you've seen my v.8 videos but, I'll attach a link to my SMRPG tutorial Playlist found on my YouTube channel.

Basically, i had to stop gaming and filming because of my last girlfriend who was a roadblock to my freedom lol. BUT,  now I've happily been with a new girlfriend, turned Fiancé, for the last couple years and she SUPPORTS ME! Not only that, she wants me to film again! Lol

On a side note, right now I'm finishing up v.9. I'm currently doing the boss rushes (at Terra at the moment and will finish her once im home today).

I still have to do rosalinas boss rush on star hill, the mushroom kingdom solo battles with all my characters but Mario, and xion. 

Idk if I'm missing someone.. 

I havent used any tutorials or forum guides yet in the game, so each battle is hard for me still. I've notated several end game superboss  patterns and thats what I'll use to make those tutorials but, first I have to master everything without savestates before ill make anything. 

How do I know which rosalina it is..?

I started the battle by using galaxy blast... to which she responded, "GALAXY BLAST"..

To which mallow and peach died

*Note to self: 'This bitch mimics you or somethin"

Screenshot_20200901-071458_John SNES Lite.jpg

Ok, yea.. I've tried 100 different things and can't beat rosalina..

I'm going to grind out Pillars and try it again

Please tell me you can get more than one pillar..

Also, I'm guessing she's the new superboss, not xion

Really disappointed by Xion.. 1000 frog coins and galaxy coins for winning...?

No Galaxy Gear grind??

I already had 1000 galaxy and frog coins from grinding.

Could I get a patch with a real reward? Sorry.. but, I spent over 8 hours trying to beat him without savestates and re specing my characters.. only to win an ULTRA common currency..

Looks like I'm going for round 6..  Heres some of the info I've gathered so far

I've also re spec'd to get the ideal stats that survive her ultimate attack, which is what my pictures below show.

It'd probably help if I had the raw data or watched a tutorial, but this is more enlightening and important, (for me) for making tutorials later on.

Now that I've respec'd (which aren't shown in those pictures) gunna try the run again.. I'm sure there must be an easier way to beat her and I'm overcomplicating things

20200905_223057.jpg

20200905_222737.jpg

20200905_222505.jpg

20200905_220806.jpg

I'm actually currently in the process of making a plaintext guide, GameFAQs style. Working with the Discord on it, and I have a lot of info on how stuff actually goes. (I can help if you need.) Rosa's been done without haste and apples, and I'm currently in the process of doing it taking only HP level-up bonuses, which I have confirmed able to do.

I definitely would like your input, and could start today with videos actually!

I've tried multiple methods to beating Rosalina, I've only gotten 2 methods to work. I've created graphs and excel spreadsheets on her damage vs your defense/hp ratios.

If you can, give me the Discord link, OR even Facebook messenger would be great

Let me know- heres my messenger link

https://m.me/brock.henley.73

I want to do tutorials on each endgame objective(s), including tips on farming, gearing up for and defeating bosses, the various pokemons, and how I get level 100 early on in about 30 minutes.

Xion is much easier than v.8.

The kingdom battles 1v1 are harder IMO (depending on what gear you have)

The Pokemon wave battles are harder than v.8 Hardmodes were

Terra is easier IF you understand the hidden mechanics. I've got those figured out and documented already.

Rosalina is much harder than v.8 hard mode and harder than Xion.

The only reason I say Xion is easier is because Our DPS is about double what it was in V.8 Hardmode and his basic requirement is that you must block his attacks without any other strategy being necessarily mandatory. Rosalina requires much more blocking (albeit easier frames to block than xion) AND requires timed strategies (like Terras battle does). All with the added frustration of a multi hour boss rush prior to even attempting to fight her. Xion, you can grind out the timings, Rosalina, however, you can't. 

It took me a hot minute to teach myself a strategy to beating her.

Of course, I may have a slight advantage in that, I played v.8 and beat the game over 40-50 times from scratch and grinded out xion for over a month before being able to beat him on stream cleanly. But, rosalina did not garnish that type of attention because you have to grind out the weak as hell boss rush.

There should be an OPTION to fight her (while skipping the boss rush) AFTER defeating the rush for the first time.

Until then... the Oathkeeper, albeit COMPLETELY BUSTED, is USELESS..

Aside from being able to beat xion in 5 minutes.

Rosalina still remains the hardest boss in the game... yet, you can't farm galaxy rings from her..???

I love this hack to death, and although these aren't deterrents from me playing for another month or so, if there is EVER the possibility of another update coming out, I want IN on development. 

I have so many ideas! 

Also, is there a harder version to this one, or an easier one for that matter? 

When yall put "content mode" and names like that, it doesn't have any meaning as to what the difficulty level is. I'm sure that's a common subtitle but, it doesn't tell me if its the harder, easier, or normal mode.

Screenshot_20200923-073931_John SNES Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20200923-073906_John SNES Lite.jpg

Sorry about the late response, I don't check here often. I only check here when it comes to needing data, not so much for helping others - the Discord is much more active for people needing help. I'll be able to help there much easier.

I don't have Messenger, but the discord link is https://discord.gg/eMkvNg8.