Sign in to follow this  
Sines

Figaro Castle Quaking?

4 posts in this topic

After doing some grinding to get money for Edgars new tools in the WoR, I came back to the castle to find it quaking. However, nobody in the castle comments on it, and attempting to travel doesn't take me to the ancient castle.

For reference, I went to recruit Setzer, grinded up 30k and bought the Defibrilator, and it was only when I went back to the castle with enough money to buy Flash that I found it shaking. Is that a bug? Does it mean anything?

I seem to recall this happening to me before, with my hack, and thinking wtf is this, but it turned out to not be a real issue per se, was some corrupted save data or using outside saves or something. The quaking is a carry-over from the Tzen house collapsing event I believe. I'm not sure though if this is the same exact case. From briefly testing here on the latest BNW from the start of the WoR I'm not seeing it, seems okay...

Sines, did you have one consistent save data throughout your entire 1.8.5 playthrough?
Also, did you complete Daryl's Tomb? If not the option for the Ancient Castle won't be there as it comes later on once you have the airship. From your post it sounds like you did not.

Edited by Gi Nattak

I have multiple save files. I made sure to use the third save file and a third save state in case this causes problems.

However, I loaded up the first save file to see if it was pre-bug. Which it seemed to be. Now I went back and loaded up the third file (post-bug) which now seems fine.

And yah, haven't completed Daryls Tomb, but my first thought when it started shaking was that this was intentional, and the mods way of showing you you're ready for the castle or something, and that it could be done early (maybe it was triggered by getting Setzer instead of the airship by accident).