Sign in to follow this  
Nerocrossius

Ross Brush

1 post in this topic

To begin, I love this mod! I've played on and off since 2014ish and it just keeps getting better. I always make my rotations through mods and am always excited to come back to BNW, I'm a pretty quiet community member, but I'm starting to get into streaming more so maybe I'll stream some runs of BNW soon.

Recently, I tried a new build where I focused on using Relm's brushes more this time. I have always used sketch a lot, but never used the brushes outside of the occasionally healing. This time I built her heavy Ifrit with some Zoneseek to try to maximize her speed and brush use. I gave her the radiant gown and ross brush and tried to build a party around reflect... and... it just didn't work out that well. I ended up using the Dali brush more, it's only -2 speed compared to the ross brush and rapid shell procs are just generally more useful than trying to keep reflect up on everyone. X-magic Strago gets an entire party set up with reflect faster than Relm does and it's not hard to get healing that bypasses reflect. I did try a setup with Vig Terra and Scroll-based Shadow which would have Terra open with Carbunkl and then Shadow would use a smoke bomb on her and Relm would reestablish reflect when it dropped, but this is something that Terra or Strago could've done just as well.

I tried to find new strategies and searched for "Ross brush" in the discord and forums and mostly found that people consider Mutsunokami an auto-get weapon so most just trade the Ross brush in asap. I think this is sad that Relm's "ultimate" weapon is basically just always traded in for a good sword (I have nothing against Mutsunokami, I think it's a nicely designed end game weapon for what that's worth).

I wonder if it would be too much to ask if maybe the Ross Brush could have it's stats changed to Mag +7 and Speed +5 so that it's comparable with other ultimate weapon stats (like Punisher) and I wonder if making it proc Refract instead of Reflect would be acceptable? I think way back in the day it used to proc Reraise (1.7 or maybe earlier) and that proved to be too good, but I think Refract would really distinguish it better as an ultimate weapon and at least give some competition to Mutsunokami.    

What do you all think? Is there a Ross Brush combo/setup that I'm missing? I'm happy to try it again!