praetarius5018

Party Suggestions 2.0

253 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Nesouk said:

According to Praetarius even with that helm on Hard, you'll still take less damage from tech than Vanilla, so probably not that bad, especially if one play on Normal or lower.

I think you mixed up 2 things there.
Usually I say that enemy Lv2/3 techs on hard here are weaker than in vanilla.
The helm basically "vanillizes" them for normal

On hard just 326 p.def takes 668 from Lv94 bloody wolves doing their sky dance or 537 with def up.
Helm with def up and power down on hard is 999 damage from that - or 548 on normal.

In vanilla I've never seen enemy Lv3 techs do below 550 even with capped def; lv47+ enemies like nightblade are more in the range of 1000 minus your def (hard capped at 300 after buffs), a.k.a. "you die" damage considering that only Kevin has enough HP+def to take that unless you grind a lot.

But then I had to try here to get them to use the techs in the first place while in vanilla they cast it most of the time when I enter their room... this game is just weird.

Edited by praetarius5018

41 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

I think you mixed up 2 things there.
Usually I say that enemy Lv2/3 techs on hard here are weaker than in vanilla.
The helm basically "vanillizes" them for normal

On hard just 326 p.def takes 668 from Lv94 bloody wolves doing their sky dance or 537 with def up.
Helm with def up and power down on hard is 999 damage from that - or 548 on normal.

In vanilla I've never seen enemy Lv3 techs do below 550 even with capped def; lv47+ enemies like nightblade are more in the range of 1000 minus your def (hard capped at 300 after buffs), a.k.a. "you die" damage considering that only Kevin has enough HP+def to take that unless you grind a lot.

But then I had to try here to get them to use the techs in the first place while in vanilla they cast it most of the time when I enter their room... this game is just weird.

This is along the lines of what I was originally thinking and seems more fair since the benefit of the Trials set appears to be quite nice. MT Silence may help with this; also, with the death score locked, it shouldn't be as much of a problem....

Now Trials set on all three characters... oof.... Maybe there should be an extra bonus for that?

Edited by rpschamp

Well my bad then.

32 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

This is along the lines of what I was originally thinking and seems more fair since the benefit of the Trials set appears to be quite nice. MT Silence may help with this; also, with the death score locked, it shouldn't be as much of a problem....

Now Trials set on all three characters... oof.... Maybe there should be an extra bonus for that?

Well not only I don't see why you would go for Trials set on everyone, some characters just aren't noteworthy as spell caster and have better option, but I also thinks it's a terrible idea, not only the Tech issue but also remember that it offers no protection against statut effects whatsoever, which can be deadly on some fights.

That being said Rune Master can really alleviate the tech issue, among ennemies that use Tech Knight, Bee and Ninja line of ennemies can be silence, Ninja and Wolves can be outright petrify and all of these type safe for Ninja can be Snowmaned, I think this set really go nicely with Rune Master's Statut effect ^^.

14 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Well not only I don't see why you would go for Trials set on everyone, some characters just aren't noteworthy as spell caster and have better option, but I also thinks it's a terrible idea, not only the Tech issue but also remember that it offers no protection against statut effects whatsoever, which can be deadly on some fights.

Haha well I wasn't actually considering it, just commenting on how ridiculously difficult it would make the game. Which is why perhaps there should be some commensurate bonus for it... though I can't imagine what that would be....

14 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

That being said Rune Master can really alleviate the tech issue, among ennemies that use Tech Knight, Bee and Ninja line of ennemies can be silence, Ninja and Wolves can be outright petrify and all of these type safe for Ninja can be Snowmaned, I think this set really go nicely with Rune Master's Statut effect ^^.

Yes, I agree; I think I'm going to go for it. Rune Master seems ideally suited, and Fenrir Knight can keep her casting if played correctly :-)

Edited by rpschamp

On 20/05/2021 at 3:26 PM, smileless said:

Take 2 doing it more organized Nesouk's style after more carefully looking at equipment:

Reveal hidden contents

Carlie (main) - Necromancer
Spells - no order:
Holy Ball*, Tinkle Rain, Unicorn Head, Machine Golem, Ghost, Ghoul, Black Curse, Dark Saber, Gremlin, Black Rain
Skip Great Demon and Half Vanish

LUK capstone - spells cost less MP

Weapon: Magic Up/Spell Revenge
Helm: Quick Cast
Armor: MP Reg/Life Saver Armor/other needs
Ring 1: Magic Up
Ring 2: Blood Magic/varies

Duran - Paladin
Spells - no order:
Diamond Missile, Sleep Flower, Holy Ball, Heal Light*, Exorcise, Magic Shield, Saint Saber, Tinkle Rain, Ice Smash, Speed Up
Skip Anti-Magic (Wanderer cover that) and Protect Up (you have two Magic Shield users)

PIE capstone: + 10 maxMP

Weapon: Heal Up
Helm: Constant Regen (curse)
Armor: MP Reg.
Ring 1: Shield
Ring 2: Heal Up/varies

Hawk - Wanderer
Spells - no order:
Arrows, Sleep Flower*, Body Change*, Poison Bubble, Lunatic, Anti-Magic,Transshape, Life Booster, Half Vanish, Magic Shield
Skip Energy Ball, Aura Wave

PIE capstone - using a Lv2/3 tech spreads current saber element to the party and makes pseudo saber real unless resisted

Weapon: Half Vanish+/TP up (unsure)
Helm: Quick Cast/varies
Armor: MP Reg
Ring 1: TP Regeneration
Ring 2: saber element accesory/varies

In terms of equipment Hawk, as the ultimate support for most part will probably aim to regain MP fast as well as quick cast (while gain some TP as he supports with his spells), Quick Cast helm is questionable as party has speed up and speed down, it will probably vary most of the time. I might also go for Meta Curse ring for Carlie.

Thinking maybe I should skip Paladin's Sleep Flower and teach Regeneration with the cursed ring instead, but I think I will probably just equip remove weakness helm or armor equipment when necessary. I think I am now set for the next run.

Lol, small correction here as I nadr a mistake (almost cost me good I realized sooner),  you can't skip protect up from Paladin as he already learns that as Knight, so might well multi target it, will skip Sleep Flower instead too.

Might consider now teaching Wanderer the Resistance spell, since there's no need for two Magic Shield users anymore.

Carlie gets the Meta Curse ring (Cursed), Hawk the Spell Resist ring (Cursed), Duran the healer and buffer gets the Constant regen Helm (cursed), each character at least one cursed equipment. Maybe I will give Duran the Auto-Buff Armor too.

Edited by smileless

9 minutes ago, smileless said:

you can't skip protect up from Paladin as he already learns that as Knight, so might well multi target it, will skip Sleep Flower instead too.

if he never gets 10 int as a knight he won't know it

16 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

if he never gets 10 int as a knight he won't know it

Was too dumb for that, but at least it wasn't a big fuck up and able to work around my mistake. This might be better choice too lol.

Well in the end I just can't get enough of this mod, however I'm gonna play Normal mode from now on, Hard is fun but I think I want a more chill experience now.

Anyway I decided that I'm gonna test a combo have been dying to try out since pretty much the time I started to really looking into the mod's files and really get into planning, namely Lise as Fenrir Knight and Duran as Lord, I don't think I need to explain why I was interest in this 2 just they just have a great synergy on paper my plan is as follow for now.

Main Lise as Fenrir Knight

Spells :

-Unicorn Head
-Ghost Road
-Mind Down*
-Lamia Naga
-Protect Down*
-Power Down*
-Moon Saber
-Black Rain
-Speed Down*
-Leaf Saber

Capstone : I hesitate between AGL and LUK capstone, AGL capstone would allow to attack more often but on the other side LUK is a good one for defense, then again since I'm playing Normal, maybe won't need for to much defense.

Gear :

Weapon : Drain Counter
Helm : Attack Up
Armor : Unsure
Ring 1 : Meta Sudden
Ring 2 : Break Counter/MP Drain

My idea with Meta Sudden is since between Leaf Saber/MP Drain ring and Drain Counter she will recover her MP very fast, Meta Sudden will allow to cast her Debuff and Saber with close to no casttime as a result, outside of that typical Counter Build.

Second Party Member Duran :

Spells :
-Ice Saber
-Protect Up*
-Speed Up*
-Life Booster
-Heal Light*
-Tinkle Rain*
-Arrows
-Diamond Saber

I'm not sure for the last 2 spells and the capstones, I hesitate between a few :

-AGL Capstone : Well because he has 2 Sabers already, and I'm wondering about if this capstone's effect will work with the next party member.

-PIE Capstone : +10 Max MP on the healer is always nice.

-LUK Capstone : Crit Rate Reduction doesn't sound to bad

Regardless I definitly will learn Power Up, the last spell can be any tough I'm encline toward Speed Down*

Gear :

-Weapon : Subterfuge
-Helm : Magic Up/Quick Cast
-Armor : Auto Buff
-Ring 1 : TP By Cast
-Ring 2 : Heal Up

TP By Cast is so he can still get TP while casting Healing Spells or rebuffing if necessary and also can use Arrows short cast time to to get some TP back

For the third member, I originally thought of Carlie as a Sage, but in the end decide to choose Hawk as a Wanderer.

Spells, for his Spells I'm actually wondering if I can skip Body Change and Sleep Flower by not raising his INT as a Ranger, if possible then his spells list would be :
-Arrows
-Half Vanish
-Magic Shield
-Aura Wave
-Poison Bubble
-Lunatic
-Anti Magic
-Body Change*
-Sleep Flower*
-Transshape

Going for the PIE capstone, so that I can get any Sabers by just equipping him with the Accessory of the Element I want, and I'm wondering if getting Saber this way is affected by Duran's AGL capstone or Kevin's INT capstone.

Gear :
-Weapon : Half Vanish+
-Helm : Quick Cast
-Armor : Unsure yet 
-Ring 1 : Elemental Weapon of boss's weaknesses if any or Corresponding Day (if Element isn't resisted)
-Ring 2 : Unsure, maybe Meta Leaf Coat for making use of his Poison Bubble and increase Duran's Tech damage or TP by Cast

So cover the last missing buff with Magic Shield, Aura Wave for Tech Point, Lunatic fr Max HP Down, Anti-Magic if needed, and also bring some magic damage with Half Vanish. 

So to sum it up :

-All debuff are covered by Fenrir Knight
-All buff except offensive Mind Up which this team doesn't really need anyway
-All Sabers through Hawk's PIE capstone
-Good MP Recovery with Fenrir Knight
-Some kind of Magic Damage with Wanderer's Half Vanish
-Some statut effects with Wanderer

2 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Well in the end I just can't get enough of this mod, however I'm gonna play Normal mode from now on, Hard is fun but I think I want a more chill experience now.

Anyway I decided that I'm gonna test a combo have been dying to try out since pretty much the time I started to really looking into the mod's files and really get into planning, namely Lise as Fenrir Knight and Duran as Lord, I don't think I need to explain why I was interest in this 2 just they just have a great synergy on paper my plan is as follow for now.

Main Lise as Fenrir Knight

Spells :

-Unicorn Head
-Ghost Road
-Mind Down*
-Lamia Naga
-Protect Down*
-Power Down*
-Moon Saber
-Black Rain
-Speed Down*
-Leaf Saber

Capstone : I hesitate between AGL and LUK capstone, AGL capstone would allow to attack more often but on the other side LUK is a good one for defense, then again since I'm playing Normal, maybe won't need for to much defense.

Gear :

Weapon : Drain Counter
Helm : Attack Up
Armor : Unsure
Ring 1 : Meta Sudden
Ring 2 : Break Counter/MP Drain

My idea with Meta Sudden is since between Leaf Saber/MP Drain ring and Drain Counter she will recover her MP very fast, Meta Sudden will allow to cast her Debuff and Saber with close to no casttime as a result, outside of that typical Counter Build.

Second Party Member Duran :

Spells :
-Ice Saber
-Protect Up*
-Speed Up*
-Life Booster
-Heal Light*
-Tinkle Rain*
-Arrows
-Diamond Saber

I'm not sure for the last 2 spells and the capstones, I hesitate between a few :

-AGL Capstone : Well because he has 2 Sabers already, and I'm wondering about if this capstone's effect will work with the next party member.

-PIE Capstone : +10 Max MP on the healer is always nice.

-LUK Capstone : Crit Rate Reduction doesn't sound to bad

Regardless I definitly will learn Power Up, the last spell can be any tough I'm encline toward Speed Down*

Gear :

-Weapon : Subterfuge
-Helm : Magic Up/Quick Cast
-Armor : Auto Buff
-Ring 1 : TP By Cast
-Ring 2 : Heal Up

TP By Cast is so he can still get TP while casting Healing Spells or rebuffing if necessary and also can use Arrows short cast time to to get some TP back

For the third member, I originally thought of Carlie as a Sage, but in the end decide to choose Hawk as a Wanderer.

Spells, for his Spells I'm actually wondering if I can skip Body Change and Sleep Flower by not raising his INT as a Ranger, if possible then his spells list would be :
-Arrows
-Half Vanish
-Magic Shield
-Aura Wave
-Poison Bubble
-Lunatic
-Anti Magic
-Body Change*
-Sleep Flower*
-Transshape

Going for the PIE capstone, so that I can get any Sabers by just equipping him with the Accessory of the Element I want, and I'm wondering if getting Saber this way is affected by Duran's AGL capstone or Kevin's INT capstone.

Gear :
-Weapon : Half Vanish+
-Helm : Quick Cast
-Armor : Unsure yet 
-Ring 1 : Elemental Weapon of boss's weaknesses if any or Corresponding Day (if Element isn't resisted)
-Ring 2 : Unsure, maybe Meta Leaf Coat for making use of his Poison Bubble and increase Duran's Tech damage or TP by Cast

So cover the last missing buff with Magic Shield, Aura Wave for Tech Point, Lunatic fr Max HP Down, Anti-Magic if needed, and also bring some magic damage with Half Vanish. 

So to sum it up :

-All debuff are covered by Fenrir Knight
-All buff except offensive Mind Up which this team doesn't really need anyway
-All Sabers through Hawk's PIE capstone
-Good MP Recovery with Fenrir Knight
-Some kind of Magic Damage with Wanderer's Half Vanish
-Some statut effects with Wanderer

I love counter based teams that involves Lord final weapon. One fight this team is going to suffer the most is pronably Xan Bie, but I am not sure how effective counters will be effective on the furnace this time, but they will probably work more than usual physical attacks, and you have half vanish too.

And Crit resistance will probably still be valuable for Normal but with Fenrir Knights weapon might be better to attack more often instead, also helps healing. 

Almost done with Necromancer/Paladin/Wanderer, just beat Deathjester, onto the final area, and just bought the life saver armor for Carlie will see if it's worth to give her two Magic Up equipment or her final weapon (spell revenge) with the life saver armor and blood magic ring (cast from HP)  for damage, quick cast helm. I feel like two magic up slots would outpower that setting as you need lower HP for higher spell damage.

I will probably feel more comfortable with the more simple setting but will see.

3 hours ago, smileless said:

I love counter based teams that involves Lord final weapon. One fight this team is going to suffer the most is pronably Xan Bie, but I am not sure how effective counters will be effective on the furnace this time, but they will probably work more than usual physical attacks, and you have half vanish too.

And Crit resistance will probably still be valuable for Normal but with Fenrir Knights weapon might be better to attack more often instead, also helps healing

Lise's LUK capstone reduce ennemies spell damage by 12.5%, this is actually pretty valuable on Hard against bosses, not sure on Normal tough. That being said her STR capstone could also be interesting I assume that 20% Attack Bonus apply to Counter and Tech, tough I think getting STR high enough would be pretty tricky.

For Xian Bhe Lise also some spells for magic damage, but yeah chances are Wanderer's Half Vanish will be key or Poison Bubble (IIRC the furnace doesn't have a lot of HP so Poison Bubble might end up doing more damage), worst case scenario I could get the Magitec weapon, on one of my character which would turn the LV2/3 Tech into Neutral spells.

So outside of that how is Necromancer Final Weapon + Bloody Magic going ? Is it good ?

Edited by Nesouk

37 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Lise's LUK capstone reduce ennemies spell damage by 12.5%, this is actually pretty valuable on Hard against bosses, not sure on Normal tough. That being said her STR capstone could also be interesting I assume that 20% Attack Bonus apply to Counter and Tech, tough I think getting STR high enough would be pretty tricky.

For Xian Bhe Lise also some spells for magic damage, but yeah chances are Wanderer's Half Vanish will be key or Poison Bubble (IIRC the furnace doesn't have a lot of HP so Poison Bubble might end up doing more damage), worst case scenario I could get the Magitec weapon, on one of my character which would turn the LV2/3 Tech into Neutral spells.

So outside of that how is Necromancer Final Weapon + Bloody Magic going ? Is it good ?

You know what, nothing wrong with playing more defensively, Lise's LUK capstone might be a good pick.

Didn't know Poison Bubble works on Xan Bie, if it works then it's a good alternative then.

Necromancer def seem to be doing a lot of damage really fast with that set up, to some enemies with around 50%hp give or take when hitting weakness it deals near 999 and to some 999 damage, and having no source of offensive part of mind up that's a good alternative to some fights especially if you lack sabers (with Hawk's PIE capstone that set up wasn't needed but for mob fights perhaps). Carlie's biggest strength still remained the curse upgrade through Gremlin/Black Rain.

I tried actually Magitech on Hawkeye, works really well actually, I decided to keep that for the rest of the run, good source for TP regen also (should have equipped that on him that before the Mirage Palace). On Heath after Lunatic/Black Curse, I just used Arrow, one of Carlie's 4 main elemental summons, Duran heals, once Hawk's tech bar filled the weapon worked really well for this fight, or for item use.

Spoiler

Apparently you can inflict Poison on Heath, casted Poison Bubble just to test it out on him. 

All that's left is Dark Lich.

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

Yeah Poison is the cheesy way to beat Heath ^^

Magitec weapon seems really interesting for character that have Heal Light (aka must cast a lot) and have a FST, like Paladin and Vanadis, heck I even argue for Paladin this might actually be better than Exorcise + on regular mob as casting a Tech is obviously faster than casting Exorcise and Exorcise has quite a heavy MP cost.

Actually kinda off subject butspeaking of spells with heavy cost, I'm actually wondering if Annilhator's MP cost shouldn't be reduce, with 20 MP this is the most costly spell of the game and it has the second longest casttime out of all the spell, I don't know if it was still the guaranteed 999 damage I would be fine with it, but for a LV4 Offensive spell that can only be Single Target this seems quite a lot.

Spoiler

Dark Lich became quite more powerful than last time than I fought him lol. Wanted to conserve Hawk's tp to deal with focus charge, Duran heals but honestly with all the status effects and the HP drain would have been best to have him equiped the ring that resists all statuses, with a shield to draw agro.

Will do a rematch later and just go ham with the Exorcise spell as fast as possible early on, you really don't want to drag this battle it gets pretty bad as time goes.

And I will throw away the strat with Carlie's final weapon for this fight it doesn't work well,  would probably work more if it was Dragon Emperor but here you need fast spell casting, while blood magic extends cast time even with quick cast helm.

18 minutes ago, Nesouk said:
  Hide contents

Yeah Poison is the cheesy way to beat Heath ^^

Magitec weapon seems really interesting for character that have Heal Light (aka must cast a lot) and have a FST, like Paladin and Vanadis, heck I even argue for Paladin this might actually be better than Exorcise + on regular mob as casting a Tech is obviously faster than casting Exorcise and Exorcise has quite a heavy MP cost.

Actually kinda off subject butspeaking of spells with heavy cost, I'm actually wondering if Annilhator's MP cost shouldn't be reduce, with 20 MP this is the most costly spell of the game and it has the second longest casttime out of all the spell, I don't know if it was still the guaranteed 999 damage I would be fine with it, but for a LV4 Offensive spell that can only be Single Target this seems quite a lot.

Heavy spell casters in general seem to benefit from Magitech weapon, I personally like to conserve the TP on healers for healing items for the most part, well depending on team composition. I might change that approach and give that job mainly to other character whichever one has a way to build TP faster.

Edited by smileless

I don't think Angela would beneficiate that much from Magitec considering her already vast array of spells, I can however definitly see Hawk work with Magitec considering several of his spells have a really short castime, and all of his class has decent spells to learn in INT so you are likely going to invest in it. Lise can work with this weapon as Starlancer the LV1 spell are decetly fast to cast and she has Aura Wave, for Duran I think Paladin is the best class for this weapon.

Anyway I'm quite satisfied with Normal for now, I feared coming from Hard it would be to easy, but it still maintain a decent challenge just less brutal, Tzenker and Gorva are still pretty annoying tough, I like Ranger for Bucca Island him having Body Change make these freaking Cockabirds so much easier screw them, probably going to put the game back on Hard for ??? Seed farming, the 100% chest rate is so convenient for that.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

I don't think Angela would beneficiate that much from Magitec considering her already vast array of spells, I can however definitly see Hawk work with Magitec considering several of his spells have a really short castime, and all of his class has decent spells to learn in INT so you are likely going to invest in it. Lise can work with this weapon as Starlancer the LV1 spell are decetly fast to cast and she has Aura Wave, for Duran I think Paladin is the best class for this weapon.

Anyway I'm quite satisfied with Normal for now, I feared coming from Hard it would be to easy, but it still maintain a decent challenge just less brutal, Tzenker and Gorva are still pretty annoying tough, I like Ranger for Bucca Island him having Body Change make these freaking Cockabirds so much easier screw them, probably going to put the game back on Hard for ??? Seed farming, the 100% chest rate is so convenient for that.

I like Normal mode the most, not too easy or not too difficult.

For ??? Seed farming I try to get to Snowfields as low leveled as possible without being complete fodder and farm them till around pevel 36/37, go buy whichever intended class item I didn't get and change class after beating Machine Golems (or you could travel to Wind Stone if you feel you are going to overlevel to 39 after beating the Machine Golems before class change). Takes more time but hey you pretty sure we all have fast forward buttons for quick travelling.

Anyway I beat Dark Lich

Spoiler

Speed is the key, you wanna go all out at the beginning before the HP draining becomes worse. 

My set up for Dark Lich fight:

Necromancer:

Weapon: Magic Up

Helm: Quick Cast

Armor: MP Regen Up

Ring 1: TP by Cast

Ring 2: Meta Curse

Paladin:

Weapon: Heal Up

Helm: Constant Regen

Armor: Auto-Buff

Ring 1: Death Resist

Ring 2: Silence Resist

Wanderer:

Weapon: Magitech

Helm: MindstatusRes

Armor: MP Reg. Up

Ring 1: TP Regen

Ring 2: Spell: Resist

Lunatic+Black curse, Magic Shield on Duran, then go just go all in with spells. Wanderer was the one used for disabling Focus Charge buff, along with items here and there while Carlie and Duran conserved their TP for items.

Edited by smileless

3 minutes ago, smileless said:

or you could travel to Wind Stone if you feel you are going to overlevel to 39 after beating the Machine Golems before class change

level up to 39 is unavailable until you class change

I'm actually wondering if Annilhator's MP cost shouldn't be reduce, with 20 MP this is the most costly spell of the game and it has the second longest casttime out of all the spell, I don't know if it was still the guaranteed 999 damage I would be fine with it, but for a LV4 Offensive spell that can only be Single Target this seems quite a lot.

I should've possible done that when I nerfed it from 999 to mere Lv4, yes...

Just now, praetarius5018 said:

level up to 39 is unavailable until you class change

Oh that's convenient, shouldn't travel all the way to fucking wind corridor anymore.

I thought the README was clear on that?

===Class Change===

Class can be upgraded at Level 18 and 38.
Level-ups are disabled until class is changed.

Just now, praetarius5018 said:

I thought the README was clear on that?

Some things you have to find the hard way out :kappa:

On 24/05/2021 at 9:42 PM, smileless said:

For ??? Seed farming I try to get to Snowfields as low leveled as possible without being complete fodder and farm them till around pevel 36/37, go buy whichever intended class item I didn't get and change class after beating Machine Golems (or you could travel to Wind Stone if you feel you are going to overlevel to 39 after beating the Machine Golems before class change). Takes more time but hey you pretty sure we all have fast forward buttons for quick travelling.

Well I don't think I'm gonna change my routing for that part just switch to Hard for the Seed farming I always do as follow :

-Farm ??? Seed with Papa Potos on the first zone, until I get the Class Items I want (sell the ones I don't want for a good chunk of money)
-Do the Machine Golems fight and get Undine
-Do Bill and Ben (generally this fight finish to LV me up to 38)
-Get Class 3 at Fire Stone

Reason for this routing is when you have Dark Lise or Dark Hawk Power Down/Water Jutsu makes Bil and Ben much easier, and a good deal of ennemies in Valley of Flame of weak to Water so that's also convenient.

Since it work on Hard, safe to say it will work on Normal.

EDIT : Scrap that I forgot Rune Maiden can't learn Power Down anymore.

Edited by Nesouk

On 5/24/2021 at 4:40 AM, Nesouk said:

On 5/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, smileless said:

Agreed. I go back and forth between Normal and Hard, but I've decided on Normal for my current run. It's a nice sweet spot, and the fights are still a lot of fun.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, smileless said:

For ??? Seed farming

I always do this in Seaside Cave; I just skips screens until I find a Papa Poto. A good place to collect Poto Oils as well.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:37 AM, Nesouk said:

One thing I'm tempted with Rune Master is run her with the full Trials Set, she might not get benefit from the armor, but reducing casttime to minimum with her LV3 Spells and Final Weapon is pretty tempting, and the rest of the set will still make her immune to Crit, remove her weakness and death score and increase her defenses. When her Final Weapon isn't needed the Magitec weapon could also work, as for capstone her PIE capstone could work, since all her 4 slot would be curse that would be a +80HP and +28 in both defenses.

I'm taking it slow, but so far my Lise/Angela/Carlie run has been a lot of fun. Jewel Eater went down pretty easy for once; my trick here was to forget that this was a spell-casting team for the first 10-12 levels and build up everyone's physical stats enough to take advantage of the HP Steal ring. At this point in the game, the only way to get tech points is to attack, and you need tech points to recover via items, so spending a lot of time casting can really hurt you. The Mind Status Resist helms were also a MAJOR help, with Tzenker too; this helm is the best thing since sliced bread for a team like this. Plus, if you are using tech points to recover your status, you are not using them to heal. I think the weakness for Jewel Eater should be "efficiency" or "vigilance" instead of "preparation".

At my first class change I chose Rune Maiden, Delvar, Priest; Tzenker was a joke with this team. I took Diamond Saber at my first Priest level-up and cast it on Lise and Angela to turn them into damage machines; for equipment, I used Mind Status Resist helms, Remove Weakness armor on Angela, and Quick Item ring on Lise to keep her tech points up for more earth-elemental Level 2 techs. The whole battle lasted somewhere around 60-90 seconds; I was back at my save point within 3 minutes.

I will be playing more during this long weekend and will be hoping to make progress towards my second class change. I'm still thinking Fenrir Knight, Rune Master, and either Bishop or Sage; now, I'm leaning more towards Bishop for the Magic Shield and easier/more compatible MT sabers (Rune Master picks up MT Diamond Saber and MT Ice Saber easily, while Bishop picks up MT Thunder Saber and MT Flame Saber easily). I'll be missing Dark element on Angela and Carlie, but I suppose Fenrir Knight could help out there; plus, I may be able to mostly get by with dedicated casters for five of the six main elements. I am so far undecided on the Trials Set; I'm not sure how much of a bonus the minimal cast-time will be compared to the traditional method of Quick Cast helm/building AGI, nor whether it will offset the negative effects of the Trials Set and not having equipment slots open for things like Flame Saber resistance. It's definitely worth a "trial" though; I'm looking forward to seeing "Meth Angela" throwing Level 3 elemental spells all over the place :-)

10 hours ago, rpschamp said:

Agreed. I go back and forth between Normal and Hard, but I've decided on Normal for my current run. It's a nice sweet spot, and the fights are still a lot of fun.

Honnestly I'm in a position where I would like to mix both, the mobs fight are actually balance on Normal they still pack up a fight but are more manageable, while they tends to be on the ridiculous side on Hard, meanwhile however the bosses are for the most part much more fun on Hard, while on Normal they feel a bit to much on the easy side. Also Hard's 100% chest spawn rate makes the grinding for Seeds more bearable.

Honnestly I'm in a position where I would like to mix both, the mobs fight are actually balance on Normal they still pack up a fight but are more manageable, while they tends to be on the ridiculous side on Hard, meanwhile however the bosses are for the most part much more fun on Hard, while on Normal they feel a bit to much on the easy side. Also Hard's 100% chest spawn rate makes the grinding for Seeds more bearable.

I don't know if that means mobs are too strong or bosses too weak. Eh, lets buff both.

Also, why grind seeds? Is money that scarce that you can't buy the class change items?

3 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Well more of a subjective opinion, I personally don't see it that way in Normal. You can easily buy seeds if you don't get the desired class change item from the seeds you farmed even if you don't get seeds at all. Weapon/armor seeds are probably harder to come by but for the most part you really only need one/two at best, you rarely would need to get for all three characters class weapons, or prioritize which one you need the most. By the near the end of the game I still manage to get about 2-3 more weapon seeds unless you skip enemies.

As for bosses if you find them too easy on normal or don't find them fun well maybe go on the tough difficulty then.

Edited by smileless