praetarius5018

Party Suggestions 2.0

253 posts in this topic

Actually I think next time I'm gonna let the randomizer decide which party I'll take and just build around who and what classes it give me ^^

10 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Actually I think next time I'm gonna let the randomizer decide which party I'll take and just build around who and what classes it give me ^^

Lol, Ninja Master, Fenrir Knight, Necromancer incoming

Actually the randomizer give me Rogue, Necromancer and Gran Divina ^^", that's gonna be interesting.

19 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Actually the randomizer give me Rogue, Necromancer and Gran Divina ^^", that's gonna be interesting.

Even giving Necromancer the invert armor Rogue lacks power/mind up debuff effects, not sure if this can be pulled off, maybe using evasive builds and spell dodge armor, but doesn't sound optimal

It's clearly not gonna be optimal regardless at best you could give Invert Armor to Rogue and get Protect Up through Missile Cutter and Max HP Up through Deadly Weapon but since the spells deals damage that's gonna be rough.

That being said a Saber resisted strat is possible, both Necromancer and Rogue are resistant to Dark and Dark Saber is the only true Saber this team can get, Grand Divina is weak to it however so will need the Dark Resistance accessory for her, this could make up for the lack of Protect Up. All 3 of them can use the Meta Curse upgrade, which is usefull on mob fight, Pressure upgrade can also be use. Can also use Body Change to cheese some annoying mobs like Cockabird or Crawler.

I'm in for a ride with this team regardless ^^"

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

It's clearly not gonna be optimal regardless at best you could give Invert Armor to Rogue and get Protect Up through Missile Cutter and Max HP Up through Deadly Weapon but since the spells deals damage that's gonna be rough.

That being said a Saber resisted strat is possible, both Necromancer and Rogue are resistant to Dark and Dark Saber is the only true Saber this team can get, Grand Divina is weak to it however so will need the Dark Resistance accessory for her, this could make up for the lack of Protect Up. All 3 of them can use the Meta Curse upgrade, which is usefull on mob fight, Pressure upgrade can also be use. Can also use Body Change to cheese some annoying mobs like Cockabird or Crawler.

I'm in for a ride with this team regardless ^^"

If you cheat on one final class and take Wanderer instead of Rogue, then lo and behold, you have my current team :-) This team kills it after the first class change as Light Hawk, Light Angela, Dark Carlie have a ton of elemental versatility (six main elements plus Physical). Ranger is such a fun class to build as you can basically start by dumping everything into Luck. Wanderer will give you Magic Shield, so you would only need Sahagin's Scales or maybe Drake's Scales to boost your spells for bosses. Wanderer also gets some nice HP spells that should play well with Necromancer's final weapon. This team does struggle before the first class change with no shield or MT spells; probably best to focus mainly on physical stats during this early stretch (I did make use of the Scapegoat weapon, but this is not very Hawk-friendly as it makes his Luck stat less useful).

I thought about the Regeneration ring for this team, but in the end I decided not to sacrifice the accessory slot. Carlie and Angela will need an accessory slot for saber/resist (MT and Dark Resist rings), and Hawk gets a ton of use out of the HP Steal ring plus other accessories like Quick Item or Heal Up that you want on your lead character during boss fights. Angela will also want the MT ring if you want to MT Heal Light and other spells. Carlie might be the best candidate after all, as her Spirit should always be high, but then with the MT Ring, you won't have space for anything else; in my case, I was thinking about trying some Undead builds later in the game. It might be worth it overall, though, as you won't get the after-battle heal until level 42 or something.

Thank you for your review of Trials Set Rune Master; I think I'm going to avoid that team after all. I do like the option of OP builds through these rule-bending sets.... Wasn't that the point of these sets to begin with, to go back to the original mechanics? OP builds can be fun, but I think I would miss out on the challenge of some of the tougher fights.

Edited by rpschamp

11 hours ago, smileless said:

I finally beat Bigieu ffs man, so many tries I still went for defense builds, Lise eith Magitech tho and Duran with TP gain Up ring, even if it didn't matter much damage reduction is damage reduction, majority of the times I spent running around while sneaking in hits, Lise casted Holy Ball and Heal Light, Kevin Heal Light, as I slowly casted buffs and debuffs (power down and protect up at the beginning asap), Duran trying to sneak hits as she mauls the other two characters.

Not really that impressed of Swordmasters final weapon overall even with max LCK and analyze/energy ball, for mobs I used pure critical, bosses Crit by TP alternating between those two weapons.

Could saber/resist help with Bigieu? From what I remember of the calculation, the harder the enemy hits, the greater the HP saved.

8 hours ago, rpschamp said:

Could saber/resist help with Bigieu? From what I remember of the calculation, the harder the enemy hits, the greater the HP saved.

Veery little, I am wondering if it's also due to the saber spell +20% capstone that when casted on enemies they also gain that increase.

Yeah I know using Wanderer instead of Rogue would be best with Necro and Grand Divina, but no cheating will do with what it gives me, an Undead strat might work actually, with Angela VIT capstone, HP Drain and other thing like YellowDMGHeal or Tinkle Heal (if it works of course).

Having try Saber Resist with Bigieu it didn't help that much for her.

Bigeu sometimes goes batshit crazy with her combo attacks, but reducing as much damage as possible still helps, but it took me many tries even on easy, you want to bait her at other characters while the character you control sneaks hits in to take TP, no other way other than that.

Edited by smileless

I'm thinking maybe do like I did with Vanadis in a previous run, and give Grand Divina the Regeneration Ring, would give the heal after battle right away and allow me to straight up skip Tinkle Rain (since Carlie has it) and Heal Light and since Regeneration spell is One/All by default this means no need for the Meta Multi ring.

Probably going Crit Build on Rogue might be better here, since he needs LUK anyway, has the highest max Luck and his LUK capstone will be usefull in that aspect, tough no Energy Ball or Analyse in this team.

Not sure what build to go with Necromancer.

10 hours ago, smileless said:

Veery little, I am wondering if it's also due to the saber spell +20% capstone that when casted on enemies they also gain that increase.

if you want to do some math she has 472 atk naturally or 457 with one shaman weapon or 442 with two.
no shaman weapon and casting saber on her gave her 519 atk.

@Nesouk Don't see much choice with Necromancer here but focus on spell damage, maybe invert armor depending on battle.

Edited by smileless

3 hours ago, smileless said:

@Nesouk Don't see much choice with Necromancer here but focus on spell damage, maybe invert armor depending on battle.

Invert Armor is curse, so that would be Invert or not invert no in between.

6 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Invert Armor is curse, so that would be Invert or not invert no in between.

In the document it isn't listed as cursed

So for my next run I decided the randomizer to pick the classes also and see what bs it will pick, and surprisingly it looks pretty good.

I got Carlie (Sage), Duran (Paladin), Lise (Fenrir Knight)

A bit conflicted on which spells should I skip for Duran. Was thinking Protect Up and Saint Saber, feel like Exorcise is too valuable to skip for Carlie's endgame, but then again Paladin also has heal light which can be used on undead, and you have mind up and down too, thinking if I should aim for that. I could turn Duran into a tank possibly with with INT capstone and pumping cursed equipment, or PIE capstone and increase his MP for Exorcise if I decide to not skip it. Or maybe Anti-Magic, but I might need it for Carlie's Rainbow dust.

Fenrir Knight should be obvious for her final weapon, counter build, and AGL capstone

Sage I will probably skip Thunder Saber and Flame Saber possibly, not much choice here. Could use a curse upgrade for possibly skipping protect up so there's that.

Edited by smileless

12 hours ago, smileless said:

In the document it isn't listed as cursed

OK I check and the armor is indeed not curse, I thought it was curse because in game it has the same symbol after the name than the other Curse equipment, I asked Praetarius about it if it is a typo or if he intended to make it curse, for the moment it isn't.

In any case I'm thinking of going for the Auto Debuff set actually, since among the set only the Armor is a Curse one and the set allow for Quick Cast helm and 2 Magic Up ring so she would still work as a Spell caster and having all debuff on auto is pretty convenient. I'm considering maybe pick the VIT capstone for extra HP and Defense as otherwise she might be to fragile.

32 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

OK I check and the armor is indeed not curse, I thought it was curse because in game it has the same symbol after the name than the other Curse equipment, I asked Praetarius about it if it is a typo or if he intended to make it curse, for the moment it isn't.

In any case I'm thinking of going for the Auto Debuff set actually, since among the set only the Armor is a Curse one and the set allow for Quick Cast helm and 2 Magic Up ring so she would still work as a Spell caster and having all debuff on auto is pretty convenient. I'm considering maybe pick the VIT capstone for extra HP and Defense as otherwise she might be to fragile.

This would work well for Necromancer, sadly you don't have no other source of buffs so was thinking to take advantage via Necromancer and boost Hawk's spells instead (having physical spells), def down and speed down via Hawk, buffs via Necromancer.

Edited by smileless

My next run what I got so far:

Carlie (main) - Sage

Skip Fire Saber, Ice Saber

For capstones it's between:

INT Capstone - Light/Dark elemental spells deal more damage

LUK Capstone - Spells cost 20% MP less

Weapon: Heal Up/Heal Aura

Helm: Constant Regen

Armor: MP Regen Up/varies

Ring 1: Heal Up/Magic Up

Ring 2: Meta: Curse

Duran - Paladin:

Skip Protect Up, Saint Saber or Exorcise

As for capstones I could go for:

INT capstone - gain 7 p.def/m.def and 20 HP per cursed acc. equipped

Weapon: Exorcise+ (if spell not skipped), or Scapegoat for this case

Armor: Auto Buff

Ring 1: Trials Element

Ring 2: Aliment Resist

Or PIE capstone - +10 max MP

Weapon: Heal Up/Exorcise+

Armor: MP Regen Up/Varies

Ring 1: unsure

Ring 2: unsure

Would be a good set up for Exorcise spell great for Carlies endgame. Anyway I think in both cases I will skip Saint Saber.

Lise - Fenrir Knight

Skip Poison Bubble, Transshape

AGL Capstone - weapon cooldown -7 (party)

Weapon: Drain Counter/Counter Up

Helm: Attack Up

Armor: unsure

Ring 1: Break Counter

Ring 2: varies

Well it's either buff or debuff so no real option here, I think for Buffs I simply gonna rely on consumable and mainly for Boss Fights.

For your team, I don't think MP would be an issue since you have Fenrir Knight and her Final Weapon could go for a full defensive build with Paladin here like :

-Helm : Trials Defense
-Armor : Auto Buff
-Ring 1 : Ailment Res
-Ring 2 : Trials Skills

With INT Capstones, all 4 items are Curse so that's +28 in both Defenses, high physical defense with the Trials Defense, immunity to Statut effect and immunity to Crit.
Skip Saint Saber and Protect Up (if possible otherwise skip Exorcise), so with Magic Shield and Speed Up you have Defense Up, Magic Defense Up and Speed Up on Auto.

Edited by Nesouk

5 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Well it's either buff or debuff so no real option here, I think for Buffs I simply gonna rely on consumable and mainly for Boss Fights.

For your team, I don't think MP would be an issue since you have Fenrir Knight and her Final Weapon could go for a full defensive build with Paladin here like :

-Helm : Trials Defense
-Armor : Auto Buff
-Ring 1 : Ailment Res
-Ring 2 : Trials Skills

With PIE Capstones, all 4 items are Curse so that's +28 in both Defenses, high physical defense with the Trials Defense, immunity to Statut effect and immunity to Crit.
Skip Saint Saber and Protect Up (if possible otherwise skip Exorcise), so with Magic Shield and Speed Up you have Defense Up, Magic Defense Up and Speed Up on Auto.

You are right, Fenrir Knight + she learns Leaf Saber also so I shouldn't worry about MP too much, will go full tank mode with Duran and INT capstone

AH Mix up Angela and Duran it is indeed INT capstone or Duran ^^. Not mentionning even without Fenrir Knight you have Magic Shield for +10 additionnal MP ^^.

Anyway here what I think to do for the Randomizer party

Carlie as Necromancer 

Spells :
1-Holy Ball*
2-Tinkle Rain
3-Unicorn Head
4-Machine Golem
5-Ghost
6-Ghoul
7-Black Curse 
8-Dark Saber 
9-Gremlin 
10-Great Demon

VIT Capstone : 50 maxHP, 10 p.def&m.def

Gear :
Weapon : ???
Helm : Quick Cast
Armor : Auto Buff (CURSE)
Ring 1 : Magic Up/Meta Sudden
Ring 2 : Magic Up

Hawkeye as Rogue 

Spells :
1-Cutter Missile
2-Land Mine 
3-Deadly Weapon 
4-Rocket Launcher 
5-Axe Bomber 
6-Grenade Bomb 
7-Sleep Flower*
8-Body Change*
9-Speed Up^
10-Rock Fall

LUK Capstone : ignore monster type specific crit resistance; critical damage +20%

Gear :
Weapon : Crit By TP
Helm : Crit Up
Armor : ???
Ring 1 : Crit Up
Ring 2 : Quick Item

Angela as Gran Divina 

Spells :
1-Fireball*
2-Diamond Missile*
3-Airblast*
4-Ice Smash*
5-Regeneration
6-Holy Ball* 
7-Speed Up 
8-Evil Gate* 
9-Transshape 
10-Triple Spell# 

VIT Capstone : primary elemental (fire, ice, wind, earth) spells heal party by 50 HP

Gear :
Weapon : Dual Tech/Heal Up
Helm : Constant Reg
Armor : MP Regen Up
Ring 1 : Regeneration
Ring 2 : Dark Resist (for Saber Strat)/Heal Up

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

lets go with typo on this one

Do I have to equip the cursed equipment after Duran gets the INT capstone in order for that to take it's effect or it doesn't matter?

17 minutes ago, smileless said:

Do I have to equip the cursed equipment after Duran gets the INT capstone in order for that to take it's effect or it doesn't matter?

Well capstone are set once reaching LV60, and at the same time at LV60 you can no longer equip Curse equipment, so you don't really have the choice here.