praetarius5018

Party Suggestions 2.0

253 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Well capstone are set once reaching LV60, and at the same time at LV60 you can no longer equip Curse equipment, so you don't really have the choice here.

Yeah asked that just in case as I didn't notice much changes in terms of defenses until now I started switching his weapons back and forth and his defense stats increased lol.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

Well capstone are set once reaching LV60, and at the same time at LV60 you can no longer equip Curse equipment, so you don't really have the choice here.

you should still be able to equip cursed items at Lv60 when you get the capstone but not anymore at 61

Well decide to use the new link for randomzing party, I reroll a bit cause I wanted a party without Lise this time, and for some reason the Randomizer was set on giving her to me -_- and so I ended with this party :

http://www.robin64.co.uk/tomtjt/perma.php?one=63&two=14&three=21

Well looks like no matter the rando they really want a Necromancer + Gran Divina combination, but this seems actually more workeable than with Rogue, I notice Duelist can learn both Mind Down and Protect Down and so with Invert Buff armor that give me both Mind Up and Protect Up tough he still need Meta Multi and as a bonus Invert Buff would also turn Life Booster into a Max HP Down debuff, so I think I'm gonna play Duelist in a more support/tank role this time around. So overall the team will look like this :

Leader Necromancer :

Spells :
1-Holy Ball*
2-Tinkle Rain
3-Machine Golem
4-Unicorn Head
5-Ghost
6-Ghoul
7-Black Curse
8-Black Rain
9-Dark Saber
10-Gremlin

INT Capstone : light&dark elemental spells deal more damage

Gear :
Weapon : ???
Helm : Quick Cast
Armor : Auto-Buff
Ring 1 : Magic Up
Ring 2 : Magic Up
Set : Auto-Debuff

Teammate 1 Duelist :

Spells :
1-Diamond Saber
2-Thunder Saber
3-Dark Saber
4-Ice Saber
5-Mind Down
6-Life Booster
7-Leaf Saber
8-Protect Down
9-Anti Magic
10-Flame Saber

LUK Capstone : increases crit rate resistance of party by 15%

Gear :
Weapon : ???
Helm : Phys Defense/Magic Defense (depending of the ennemy/boss)
Armor : Invert Buff
Ring 1 : Meta Multi
Ring 2 : Shield

Teammate 2 Gran Divina : 

Spells : 
1-Fireball*
2-Diamond Missile*
3-Air Blast*
4-Ice Smash*
5-Regeneration
6-Holy Ball* 
7-Speed Up 
8-Evil Gate*
9-Transshape 
10-Triple Spell 

VIT Capstone : primary elemental (fire, ice, wind, earth) spells heal party by 50 HP

Gear :
Weapon : Dual Tech (if boss weak to Holy)/Heal Up
Helm : Constant Reg
Armor : MP Regen Plus
Ring 1 : Regeneration
Ring 2 : Heal Up

Have to sacrifice Aura Wave on Duelist otherwise he can't learn Protect Down and Mind Down, since the Auto Debuff require 2 Magic Up rings I'm gonna try capitalize on it with Carlie's INT Capstone to increase the Damage of her Holy Ball* and Gremlin/Black Rain, she's gonna be a Single Target damage dealer with her spells, for Gran Divina Saint Saber is the only Saber I miss with Duelist and Necro, so for the bosses weak to it I'll use Dual Tech otherwise I'll stick to Heal Up, using Regeneration to skip Tinkle Rain and Heal Light and to not have to wait until Class 3 to get the Auto-Heal after victory.

Well almost done with this team, God Beast are defeated only Zable Fahr and Final Dungeon to ho through. Should mentionned that I upped the difficulty from Normal to Tough.

So first off sad to say Auto-Debuff set doesn't work on Bosses, at least the huge sprite one, well this has both pro and cons on the bad side of course that mean I have to debuff normally, but at least since 3 out of 4 pieces are not curse I have 3 slot left to put whatever I want on my Necro for boss fight. The set still work for mob fight and is definitly a huge help for these, and otherwise Carlie as Necro is a good spell damage dealer, and her INT capstone make Holy Ball and Gremlin pretty strong against ennemies weak to them or neutral, weapon wise I opted for the MP steal weapon which works well.

Gran Divina is good the VIT Capstone isn't that usefull for boss fight (except Lightgazer), but it's pretty good on mob fight and help keeping Duran alive, on boss fight her casttime is short enough that she can alternate between healing and offense well enough, Regeneration is faster to cast which really help in that regard, the combo Constan Reg Helm and MP Regen Plus Armor with enough INT ensure she won't run out of MP.

As for Duelist I used him as a tank, focusing on his p.def, VIT and LCK he tanks really well against mob fight and with Shield he can get the aggro allowing for Carlie and Angela to rain spell on the ennemies, and since I had to reach 25 STR for Antimagic, with his CQC Tech he can deal good damage with it. As for buffs since Invert Buff as a pretty Low Defense, after Dangaard which gives a lot of money I decided to use all that unused money to stock Sahagin and Bulette's Scale, using Invert Buff only against Bosses that can debuff you very often like Xian Bhe allowing for other armors on the rest of the bosses, the High Defense armor is pretty good for mob fights, also the LCK capstone is really usefull even without Crit Guard the number of Crit ennemies does is much lower than before.

Overall this team perform really well more than I thought it would, the toughest fight so far were Xian Bhe and Gildervine, but for the other boss fight so far I didn't have to much trouble, while it doesn't that big of DPS this team is suprisingly pretty safe to run.

Edited by Nesouk

It's a shame that the emulator axed my previous run, I almost beat the game as I beat Deathjester. Fenrir Knight final weapon in combo with Sage final weapon made up for a party that was hard to kill, and I could make good use of Sage as a mage too with MP restoration, free slots to either use magic up, quick cast or other equipment.

But that was it for that run, wont do it again as I beat majority of the game so it wont be redundant. Will try a different randomizer party instead

I think I will scrap the randomizer for this run, I wanted to try something different this time around, wanted to make use of Angela's LUK Capstone - weapons use LUK instead of their regular stat

Haven't thought possible party members yet, thoughts?

I guess the good thing about Angela's LUK capstone is she will be able to deal damage even when the target has high Magic Defense. It's really depend of which class you pick for Angela.

I guess you could do Archmage and Bishop, this already give you Power Down, Mind Down, Power Up and Magic Shield as well as a bunch of Sabers and a solid healer.

Third pick could be Hawkeye as a Rogue he would provide Speed Up so the only buff missing is offensive Mind Up, and he would provide the 2 missing Debuff and Max HP down, could go for his PIE capstone to get the Sabers you would be missing from Bishop.

Or you could also pick Lise as Dragon Master, since Archmage get Power and Mind Down you can skip them both with Dragon Master, she would allow to skip Antimagic with Archmage and with her Final Weapon make up for the missing element, as well as providing Speed Down, Protect Down and Poison statut effect, and give you a Shield user.

On my side I think I'm gonna try a run with building Kevin as the Tank, I realise that with his VIT Capstone unlike Duran and Lise he can aggro the ennemy, while having both Ailment Res ring and Trials Skill ring to get immunity to both Statut Effect and Crit, also since VIT increase the Attack Bonus of his Wolf Form, it could make up for the lack of STR investment. I'm not sure what team should I do around him tough.

Thanks for input, I guess both Rogue and Dragonmaster could work, with Rogue access to all buffs, debuffs but not spell buff, or Dragonmaster but without Speed Up, but you would have Aura Wave to compensate the misses for your characters.

Archmage if choosing Rogue would skip Aura Wave, and Rainbow Dust cause can't skip Body Change for the intended LUK capstone

If choosing Dragonmaster would skip Rainbow Dust, Anti-Magic

Bishop would probably skip Diamond Saber/Ice Saber, or Exorcise and Diamond/Ice/Saint Saber, I think better to just skip saber spells be it Hawk or Lise, to make use of Hawk's PIE capstone, and Lise's final weapon feels like it's best used when you lack elemental variety which this party doesn't lack no matter.

Dragonmaster would be kinda a hybrid like Angela too but more on the tanky side. Having her get the INT capstone to equip any weapon/armor so she gets Carlie's final weapom which is PIE based, ans when Dragonmaster final weapon isn't needed just use her for counters while pumping her defenses. She also works as a mage too kinda. Draws agro.

Rogue would probably see similar play as Angela but with physical spells and his final weapon which could be first time using it, but party would lack proper tanks then two spell casters, so if choosing Rogue would be better maybe to switch out Bishop for Paladin and turn Duran into a tank instead with cursed equipment with INT capstone and have him use the weapon that draws some agro when fighting mobs at least.

8 hours ago, Nesouk said:

On my side I think I'm gonna try a run with building Kevin as the Tank, I realise that with his VIT Capstone unlike Duran and Lise he can aggro the ennemy, while having both Ailment Res ring and Trials Skill ring to get immunity to both Statut Effect and Crit, also since VIT increase the Attack Bonus of his Wolf Form, it could make up for the lack of STR investment. I'm not sure what team should I do around him tough.

Fenrir Knight, God Hand, Lord a counter happy team I played in early versions, Kevin being a tank, Duran opens counters, Fenrir Knight helps maintain MP for casting and keeping HP up.

Wonder how it works using Dervish as it has a stronger wolf form, focusing on defense stats and his final weapon too, but in that case not worth to use his VIT capstone to draw agro, but you could always opt for a different weapon instead.

The ailment resist ring feels like it's best save for tinkle rain users so God Hand then the only class access to it and it's multi target, freeing the other two characers equipment slots for status protection.

Edited by smileless

For an Angela you could also go for Magus skip Rainbow Dust and Annilhattor, get the Trials Buff armor which she can make work herself with Power Up and Alternate between Crit Build (since you're gonna invest in LUK anyway) and Spellcasting depending of the ennemy.

For teammate could go with Evil Shaman and Vanadis get the 2 important Debuff, Antimagic, the rest of the buffs and the healer, and could get the 2 Evil Shaman's final weapon combo.

11 minutes ago, smileless said:

Fenrir Knight, God Hand, Lord a counter happy team I played in early versions, Kevin being a tank, Duran opens counters, Fenrir Knight helps maintain MP for casting and keeping HP up.

Wonder how it works using Dervish as it has a stronger wolf form, focusing on defense stats and his final weapon too, but in that case not worth to use his VIT capstone to draw agro, but you could always opt for a different weapon instead.

The ailment resist ring feels like it's best save for tinkle rain users so God Hand then the only class access to it and it's multi target, freeing the other two characers equipment slots for status protection.

I was actually thinking of God Hand, Lord and Nightblade, get the Trials Set with INT capstone for Lord for Instant healing and buffing, skipping Speed Down and Power Up. 

For Nightblade build him with a Tech Build and get his PIE capstone to get sabers, also getting Meta Curse with Black Rain, skipping Silver Dart and Grenade Bomb.

Or Death Hand, Dragon Master, Bishop get Demon Breath with Death Hand to skip Lunatic and Mind Down with Dragon Master, get Power Up and Magic Shield with Bishop putting Trials Buff armor on Kevin, using Dragon Master as a Debuffer and spellcaster with her Final Weapon when needed or Magic Up weapon, as for capstone probably going LUK capstone for both girls, MP cost reduction.

That being said I could also slap the Auto-Debuff set on Dragon Master and Auto Buff on Carlie, not that usefull for bosses cause glitch for Auto Debuff, but having Power Down, Power Up and both Defensive buffs on Auto could be really usefull on mob fights.

14 hours ago, Nesouk said:

For an Angela you could also go for Magus skip Rainbow Dust and Annilhattor, get the Trials Buff armor which she can make work herself with Power Up and Alternate between Crit Build (since you're gonna invest in LUK anyway) and Spellcasting depending of the ennemy.

For teammate could go with Evil Shaman and Vanadis get the 2 important Debuff, Antimagic, the rest of the buffs and the healer, and could get the 2 Evil Shaman's final weapon combo.

Is it worth for this party to skip counters for Trials Buff armor?

Other variables I had in mind:

Grand Divina, Ninja Master, Bishop

Angela - LUK capstone, skips Heal Light, Tinkle Rain

Hawk - counter build and either AGL capstone (in that case building Angela on counters too when attacking physically) or maybe VIT capstone, skips Thunder Saber, Poison Bubble

Carlie - LUK capstone, skips Ice Saber, Energy Ball or Diamond Saber

Has all but spell buffs

Another one I thought of - Grand Divina, Wanderer, Warrior Monk

Alternate Angela with between her final weapon when facing bosses with weakness and some other weapon, Kevin healer/tank, Hawk possibly a physical build with great support.

Angela skipping Sleep Flower, Heal Light, Hawk skips Body Change, Energy Ball ot Aura Wave, Kevin skips Analyze, Fireball

A lot more variabled than I initially thought lol, unsure which to choose now.

14 hours ago, Nesouk said:

I was actually thinking of God Hand, Lord and Nightblade, get the Trials Set with INT capstone for Lord for Instant healing and buffing, skipping Speed Down and Power Up. 

For Nightblade build him with a Tech Build and get his PIE capstone to get sabers, also getting Meta Curse with Black Rain, skipping Silver Dart and Grenade Bomb.

Or Death Hand, Dragon Master, Bishop get Demon Breath with Death Hand to skip Lunatic and Mind Down with Dragon Master, get Power Up and Magic Shield with Bishop putting Trials Buff armor on Kevin, using Dragon Master as a Debuffer and spellcaster with her Final Weapon when needed or Magic Up weapon, as for capstone probably going LUK capstone for both girls, MP cost reduction.

That being said I could also slap the Auto-Debuff set on Dragon Master and Auto Buff on Carlie, not that usefull for bosses cause glitch for Auto Debuff, but having Power Down, Power Up and both Defensive buffs on Auto could be really usefull on mob fights.

An all male party - old school 

Second one looks good also, I really liked Death Hand final weapon, good for physical attackers and mages. In that case I suggest Death Hand to get the capstone to boost saber spells, to make up for the lack of spell power boost

Edited by smileless

Well I think skipping Counter on one of them won't be to bad, if you go the Dragon Emperor route, you could just use Vanadis as your main and Counter against Darkshine Knight and Koren, that being said Koren is really the most concerning, Darkshine Knight can be beat without counter just fine.

I feel there is a lot of flexibility with Angela her capstone selection is pretty interesting, there is some interesting combo I'd like to try like combining Duran and Kevin's STR capstone with her INT capstone, would basically be like skipping through 65 of the ennemies m.def, not sure how big of a difference it would make but on paper this sound like quite a lot. I'm also interest in how effective her STR capstone could be.

Hawk's VIT capstone actually looks good with the Spell Dodge armor, would make his Evasion better, giving him better chance to get that half damage from spells.

Think I'm gonna go for the first team with a all male team.

On 6/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Nesouk said:

Continuing the run and I think I have a team of Girly power house here ^^.

Rune Master : Since the Trial Set makes her spells instant I have no need for AGL, and her PIE capstone raise defense strong enough I don't have to invest in VIT and PIE to heavily so I ended maximizing both her INT and LUK and as you can imagine she is deadly, if the target has a weakness to exploit that's usually around 800 damage with a LV2 spells + Mind Up + Mind Down + Corresponding Saber on bosses and around 500 on Neutral so yeah quite the madness, Magitec weapon works well on boss her LV3 tech does about 700 damage more than her elemental spell on neutral. Really Rune Master is a beast.

Vanadis : It took more time but the Power Attack build pay off, now that I maximize her STR and up her AGL quite a lot, she hit like a freaking truck and I don't even have Protect Down, but the Trials Armor + Power Attack Up + Kevin's INT capstone + Saber of corresponding weakness and she can reach 600-700 with a regular hit on average, Darkshine Knight who has a noticeably high p.def was taking 300 damage from her Power Attacks, she is a killer, and yet Vanadis has a downside for this build in the sense for bosses she needs to dedicate one of her ring slot to Meta Multi for bosses, otherwise the best to do this build would be to put the Balanced weapon and the MP Steal ring to exploit the Balanced's cooldown reduction (and it just so happen that the max MP you can drain in one hit is 5). I'm honnestly interested in how such a build would turn out on character that don't need to dedicate a ring slot like Vanadis.

I'm back at this game after a small break, and ever since this post, I've been thinking of a way to out-do Nesouk's team of Girly power house. It doesn't look likely in any meaningful way - Trials Set Rune Master may be too good - but since the all-girl team is my wheelhouse I am taking up the challenge.

So far I have Light Lise, Light Angela, Dark Carlie and am thinking of the following builds:

Angela - Grand Divina with STR capstone. Adding weapon damage and spell damage looks too interesting to not try. With Power up, Protect Down, and Saber weapon buffs to add to her typical Mind Up, Mind Down, Saber spell buffs, Angela might be able to achieve a significant spell damage boost that will help with her Level 1 spells. I'm also wondering if the Trials Buff Armor would double the Power Up effect for her damage spells. The main idea here is that with a significant damage boost, Angela should be able to cast quickly, powerfully, and repeatedly. I don't think this would actually beat a Trials Set Rune Master, except maybe against werewolves who can't be silenced and might get a tech in against Rune Master every now and then, but I think it could be interesting. Plus she can heal (maybe; I'm not sure about the spell build here). If I don't go for the Trials Buff armor, the Constant Regen helm might be interesting to achieve a state of constant casting.

Carlie - Necromancer or Evil Shaman with Regen ring and LUK capstone. The Regen Ring is too useful to bypass with this team, and the capstone will help keep Angela casting constantly. With Necromancer, Black Curse has both Protect Down and Mind Down for Angela's spell damage, and non-elemental spells will help against Dolan. With Evil Shaman, the MT Power Down and Mind Down spells will help during mob fights, Protect Up (plus Grand Divina's Speed Up) can help Vanadis with her spell build, and her final weapon effect can be doubled if Lise takes her INT capstone.

Lise - Vanadis or Star Lancer with STR, INT, or PIE, or LUK capstone. The main idea of this build is to provide buffs for the team and saber spells to cast on the enemy for elemental resistance, Thunder Saber for Vanadis or Saint Saber for Star Lancer. Since the saber spells will require a Multitarget Ring for most fights, Star Lancer's multitarget buffs would only provide an advantage against bosses. Vanadis provides some extra options here - healing (especially important if Angela skips her healing spells) and a final weapon that works well with Grand Divina's final weapon. For the capstone, there are a few options - The INT capstone would go well with Evil Shaman, and if Vanadis becomes a heal bot, the PIE capstone might be interesting with a set of Magitech weapons. Also, I'm wondering if the STR capstone would work well with a Power Attack UP ring; did you try this, Nesouk? It seems like the critical chance reduction on power attacks would limit the effectiveness a bit.

Any ideas on the options here? I'm not sure if anyone has tested Angela's STR capstone yet, so I'm curious to give it a try.

Well honnestly Trials Set Rune Master with PIE capstone is definitly in the "too good" category, really she has only 2 weaknesses which are :

1-Obviously Tech damage but as mentionned in a previous post she can shut down all mob that can use techs, Bee and Knight can be silence, Werewolves and Ninjas can be outright Petrify, and yeah really Stone Cloud with this set is an instant delete for any mobs brave enough to not be immune against Petrify or Earth damage. Only mob that can instantly open with his Tech and therefore kill her is Nightblade. And only mobs that represent a threat are the Shadowzero if they take the appearence of a party member and use the tech.

2-She has no way to get immune to Statut Effects, and so these are pretty deadly against her.

Her STR capstone is on my list of thing to test I actually was interested in testing with Magus combine with her final weapon to remove the damage reduction on Multi Target spell this could be a good combo for mob fight (also think Magus with STR Capstone + Trials Set could work well the idea of being able to instant cast Ancient to not give a damn about Elemental affinity with STR Capstone to boost it top with a self Mind Up sound pretty tempting ^^). That being said I think Prae mention to me that Power Up wasn't affecting the bonus damage of her STR capstone so Trials Buff armor will not do much here.

I guess since you have Lise and Carlie combining 2 Evil Shaman final weapon is viable, at least for the Max HP reduction don't know how significant the -4 in PIE could be on Angela's Damage tough, if you are set on going Dark with Carlie that means no Heal Light until Class 3 unless you equipped Regeneration ring, you could also snap Regeneration of Carlie if you go Evil Shaman since there's a lot of spell you can skip for Evil Shaman.

As for Lise's STR Capstone with Power Attack build well I thought about it but reading the description it say : 

STR - 20% more attack, non-critical regular attacks deal half damage

I think "Non-critical regular attacks" include both Light and Heavy Attack, so this capstone doesn't seems synergise well with Power Attack build and seems more fitting for a Critical or Counter Build. Could work a Crit Build with Starlancer with it tough try getting either Energy Ball or Aura Wave and Power Up with her (getting all 3 at the same time would require giving up on Mind Up not really worth it), slap the Trials Armor, Crit Helm, Crit Up ring and Crit By TP weapon with the STR capstone and this could work that could work.

Alternativly you could go for Necromancer Carlie with Auto Debuff set and for Vanadis get Heal Light and learn Mind and Power Up and put Auto-Buff armor and enjoy having all buff AND all debuffs on Auto ^^ (just switch equipment for boss fight with Carlie as Auto Debuff is glitch and doesn't works with most bosses).

For defensive purpose I think either Vanadis's LUK or VIT capstone would be best in this set, VIT would be better for mobs mostly, LUK capstone is better for boss fight.

EDIT : Actually an idea come to mind after writing this how about Gran Divina with STR Capstone + Deathbringer weapon + Life Saver Armor pair with Fenrir Knight... that's sound pretty cool xD.

Edited by Nesouk

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

STR - 20% more attack, non-critical regular attacks deal half damage

I think "Non-critical regular attacks" include both Light and Heavy Attack, so this capstone doesn't seems synergise well with Power Attack build and seems more fitting for a Critical or Counter Build.

it is the little brother of the swordmaster weapon - if it isn't yellow damage it gets reduced

Yeah si for Power Attack build definitly should avoid that capstone and probably pick her AGL capstone instead.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

Her STR capstone is on my list of thing to test I actually was interested in testing with Magus combine with her final weapon to remove the damage reduction on Multi Target spell this could be a good combo for mob fight (also think Magus with STR Capstone + Trials Set could work well the idea of being able to instant cast Ancient to not give a damn about Elemental affinity with STR Capstone to boost it top with a self Mind Up sound pretty tempting ^^). That being said I think Prae mention to me that Power Up wasn't affecting the bonus damage of her STR capstone so Trials Buff armor will not do much here.

Hi Praetarius, can we confirm what affects the weapon damage that is added to the spell damage by Angela's STR capstone? My wishful thinking was that it would be some fraction of whatever the output of the "weapon damage" calculation would be, including Power Up and Saber effects on Angela and Protect Down effects on the target.

13 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

this is explained in the mechanics folder:
10) if Angela with STR capstone
    m.atk = max(0, p.atk - p.def) * 0.31 + m.atk

Thank you Praetarius, I overlooked this.

So, for a more basic question, what does "(buffed)" refer to in the weapon damage calculation 1) p.atk = (buffed) attack power? I can see that it does not include Power Up or Saber effects; I'm just wondering if there are other ways to improve this stat.

OH So the saber +10% (20% with Duran's AGL or Kevin's INT capstone) attack increase would affect Angela's STR capstone bonus ?

50 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

the buffed value is with saber; power up is separate

I see; so this would be influenced by the initial saber +10% or Duran or Kevin's +20% capstones, but not much else.

m.atk = max(0, p.atk - p.def) * 0.31 + m.atk

From this equation and my understanding of what goes into the m.atk and p.atk/p.def values here, it looks to me that the damage increase resulting from any boost in STR would be roughly on par with that resulting from a boost in the secondary stat, LUK in this case, basically providing another stat to boost spell damage moderately. Another way to do this would be to use Angela's LUK+ weapon so you can focus on just one stat and get essentially a double-boost from LUK; STR would have to be at least high enough to win the capstone, I think 19, but then you could maximize INT and LUK for maximum damage boost.

Edited by rpschamp

Anyways, this Angela STR capstone looks fun to explore; I'm going to go for it. She should also get a boost for her Magitech weapon Lv2/3 techs from this. With her frequency of spells and stat build, Grand Divina looks like an ideal class to try this with.

Edited by rpschamp

I am also interested in Lise's PIE capstone with Vanadis on a Magitech wielding team; there should be +2 TP from spell casting plus +1 TP for everyone targeted by Heal Light. This could be a good alternative way to keep the Lv2/3 tech damage flowing.

The bonus of secondary stat is base on LV : 

Secondary stat * (62 + LV) / 53

So 1 point of secondary stat increase the m.atk from 1 at LV1 up to 3 at LV99 if I'm not mistaken, so at best with max Luck Gran Divina get a +90 m.atk from it.

STR Capstone is a bit trickier tough since it also take into account the ennemies p.def, if you factor thing that can reduce p.def like Break Counter and LV3 Armor Break, or Duran and Kevin STR capstone the damage will be bigger. And also add some weapon effect like Deathbringer, or weapon that change the p.atk like Defense weapon, it has some variable to it.

endgame enemies should have about 220~250 def, so if you got angela to 400 p.atk you'd get 60~50 extra m.atk out of it.
ofc you can also go all in and max out deathscore and go with the max p.atk gear which should be about ~700 p.atk - and then one shot everything as well as get one shot by everything.