praetarius5018

Party Suggestions 2.0

253 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

I don't know if that means mobs are too strong or bosses too weak. Eh, lets buff both.

Also, why grind seeds? Is money that scarce that you can't buy the class change items?

To expensive, there is a lot of new piece of equipment that become available and I'm interest in, as well as supplying my healing items, that buying all 3 is just to expensive I usually try to grind at minimum 2 of them and if I get lucky get all 3, it also happen that selling the additionnal ones I get on the way is a good bonus for money.

3 hours ago, smileless said:

Well more of a subjective opinion, I personally don't see it that way in Normal. You can easily buy seeds if you don't get the desired class change item from the seeds you farmed even if you don't get seeds at all. Weapon/armor seeds are probably harder to come by but for the most part you really only need one/two at best, you rarely would need to get for all three characters class weapons, or prioritize which one you need the most. By the near the end of the game I still manage to get about 2-3 more weapon seeds unless you skip enemies.

As for bosses if you find them too easy on normal or don't find them fun well maybe go on the tough difficulty then.

I never said my opinion was anything but mine ^^, I want to correct myself a bit cause I maybe wasn't clear enough, bosses are easy on Normal that doesn't mean they aren't fun tough, they are still fun fights and I think they are on the easy side but not overly easy (except Lugar which I already mention to Prae on Discord, Lugar is way to easy if you go for a Counter strat (which is easy to do on him as he attack non-stop) he goes down in less than a minute with barely doing anything else, my fight with him on Normal outside of his regular attacks he just did 1 tech and that's it, this is the one boss currently that needs a buff in my opinion).

??? Seeds are the big one for Seed farming, as the W/A Seeds you only need 3 at worst which isn't to bad to get and after getting them you can do a bit of RNG manipulation to eventually get the weapon you want, which to my acknowledge there isn't a consistant way to change the RNG for ??? Seeds result.

I also add to that tough that I always admitted that since my first 3-4 runs where I did everything legit, since then in order to speed up the seed grinding (and avoid overleveling) I abuse Save States, I never hide that ^^.

More randomizer team choices for my next runs - long clusterfuck of a post:

Lise (main), Kevin, Angela

Vanadise
Spells:
Skip Fire Saber, Power Up.
INT capstone - can equip any weapon and armor
LUK capstone - party takes 1/8 less damage from spells

Weapon: L3 armor break/Heal Up
Helm: Depends
Armor: Auto-Buff
Ring 1: Meta: Multi
Ring 2: Depends or heal up

Death Hand
Skip Dark Force, Demon Breath
INT capstone - sword magic +atk gives 20% (party)
Or LUK - party takes less damage from critical hits - if I choose Lise's INT capstone this one for sure then.

Weapon: L3 Armor Break
Helm: Lv2/3 tech up
Armor: Depenss
Ring 1: TP gain up
Ring 2: Trials Skill (cursed)

Archmage
Skip Body Change, Aura Wave
AGL capstone - party casts 20% faster

Weapon: Exploit Weakness/Magic Up
Helm: Magic Up
Armor: MP regen
Ring 1: depends
Ring 2: Meta: Curse

Funky set up lol, unsure if I will comit to double L3 Armor Break users, a bit too risky, but if yes Lise's PIE should still be maxed out for Heal Light, her purpose will be mainly healing, but if she can sneak a level 3 tech to reduce targets defenses then good, but maybe I will play more defensively and let Kevin do his job there

Kevin (main), Duran, Carlie

Dervish
Skip Power Up^, Half Vanish
VIT capstone - draw agro and turn him into a tank so Duran is free from that job. Tho the AGL capstone sounds nice too - when a weapon attack can inflict a status effect even if immune, subtract another 30 or 40 hp on critical, while the party has energy ball and analyze honestly I might consider the AGL capstone.

Might go for Auto-Debuff equipment set for the most part, when not needed I will just up his defenses or offer status protection, have him wield crit weapon.

Duelist
Skip Anti-Magic, Protect Down
AGL capstone - sword magic +atk gives 20% (party)

Weapon: CQC Tech/Lv3 Tech up
Helm: Lv3 tech up
Armor: Depends
Ring 1: TP up

Bishop
Skip Flame Saber, Energy Ball, Ice Saber
AGL capstone - enemies spawn with -20 evade or the LUK capstone with spells costing less MP

Weapon: Heal Up
Helm: unsure
Armor: unsure
Ring 1: Heal Up/varies
Ring 2: Spell: Resist (cursed)

Angela(main), Hawk, Carlie

I want to try something different than Archmage for the 20th time, so what I got so far:

Grand Divina
Skip Evil Gate, Sleep Flower
As for capstones am thinking of either of the three:
AGL capstone - party cats 20% faster
VIT capstone - primary elemental (fire, ice, earth, wind) spells heal party by 50 HP
INT  - pierce 35 m.def

Weapon: Dual Tech
Armor: Heal Up?
Ring 1: Dark resistance (when mob fighting)
Ring 2: depends

Wanderer
Skip Body Change (do that from first class change) and Aura Wave
INT capstone - when a weapon can inflict a status effect even if immune, subtract another 30 or 40 hp on critical

Weapon: Crit by TP
Helm: Crit Up?
Ring 1: Status infliction ring
Ring 2: Depends

Necromancer
Skip Half Vanish, Black Rain or Great Demon, more thinking needed on that, probably will keep Black Rain for curse.
LUK capstone - spells cost less MP

Weapon: Magic Up
Ring 1: Magic Up/Meta: Multi (for dsrk saber

None of them as access to protect up so you need at least a Magic Shield user, and maybe do some sharet resistance strat by equiping resist dark on Angela, having Carlie cast Dark saber on enemies.  I am not entirely sure on this party, mind up no capstone to increase the saber power, for a spell casting team this might be a weak one in terms of damage. Maybe I should try Magus/Nightblade/Bishop.

Edited by smileless

2 hours ago, smileless said:

Angela(main), Hawk, Carlie

I want to try something different than Archmage for the 20th time, so what I got so far:

Grand Divina
VIT capstone - primary elemental (fire, ice, earth, wind) spells heal party by 50 HP
INT  - pierce 35 m.def

Wanderer
INT capstone - when a weapon can inflict a status effect even if immune, subtract another 30 or 40 hp on critical

Necromancer
Skip Half Vanish, Black Rain or Great Demon, more thinking needed on that, probably will keep Black Rain for curse.

None of them as access to protect up so you need at least a Magic Shield user, and maybe do some sharet resistance strat by equiping resist dark on Angela, having Carlie cast Dark saber on enemies.  I am not entirely sure on this party, mind up no capstone to increase the saber power, for a spell casting team this might be a weak one in terms of damage. Maybe I should try Magus/Nightblade/Bishop.

Funny enough, I've actually been thinking about this team for a while and considering it for my next run.... I'll list some thoughts here; I think 2.0 gives some nice new options to try.

I've used a team similar to this in pre-2.0, and I don't think you will be lacking spell damage: Grand Divina and Necromancer make a strong casting team, and with Wanderer even more so. Just stock up on Sahagin's Scales for Mind Up during boss fights when you need a damage boost; later in the game when you need it, you will also be able to boost your damage with sabers from Angela's final weapon. Speaking of sabers, it might even be worth considering going for Hawk's PIE capstone to take the burden off of Angela and free up her final weapon. By the later part the game, Angela is going to be a fun lead character here since her elemental spells will be close to instant, giving you no reason to switch off her before casting them, and having a choice of weapon will be nice (Magic Up, Heal Up, Magitech, etc.).

Also, this doesn't apply to your setup as listed, but I wonder how Angela's VIT capstone would interact with Necromancer wearing Undead armor or ring and her final weapon: would it heal or hurt her by 50 HP? If it heals, this could be used to create a stable low-HP Necromancer build; basically increase Necromancer's defenses with Undead equipment so the damage she takes is decreased significantly, and heal her as necessary 50 HP at a time while keeping her HP down as much as possible. It seems to me that a balance could be achieved here to keep Necromancer dealing massive damage with her Level 2 elemental spells. If it hurts, then you would need some other way to achieve the balance while Angela chips away at Necromancer's HP to keep her in the high-damage zone; otherwise you could go all out with Death Bringer gear. In both cases, Wanderer's Life Booster and Half Vanish should help to get Necromancer into the zone of high spell damage from the start. If any team can play to Necromancer's final weapon, this should be the team to do it.

Edited by rpschamp

1 hour ago, rpschamp said:

Funny enough, I've actually been thinking about this team for a while and considering it for my next run.... I'll list some thoughts here; I think 2.0 gives some nice new options to try.

I've used a team similar to this in pre-2.0, and I don't think you will be lacking spell damage: Grand Divina and Necromancer make a strong casting team, and with Wanderer even more so. Just stock up on Sahagin's Scales for Mind Up during boss fights when you need a damage boost; later in the game when you need it, you will also be able to boost your damage with sabers from Angela's final weapon. Speaking of sabers, it might even be worth considering going for Hawk's PIE capstone to take the burden off of Angela and free up her final weapon. By the later part the game, Angela is going to be a fun lead character here since her elemental spells will be close to instant, giving you no reason to switch off her before casting them, and having a choice of weapon will be nice (Magic Up, Heal Up, Magitech, etc.).

Also, this doesn't apply to your setup as listed, but I wonder how Angela's VIT capstone would interact with Necromancer wearing Undead armor or ring and her final weapon: would it heal or hurt her by 50 HP? If it heals, this could be used to create a stable low-HP Necromancer build; basically increase Necromancer's defenses with Undead equipment so the damage she takes is decreased significantly, and heal her as necessary 50 HP at a time while keeping her HP down as much as possible. It seems to me that a balance could be achieved here to keep Necromancer dealing massive damage with her Level 2 elemental spells. If it hurts, then you would need some other way to achieve the balance while Angela chips away at Necromancer's HP to keep her in the high-damage zone; otherwise you could go all out with Death Bringer gear. In both cases, Wanderer's Life Booster and Half Vanish should help to get Necromancer into the zone of high spell damage from the start. If any team can play to Necromancer's final weapon, this should be the team to do it.

Don't thinkthink there are better teams for Grand Divina to her final weapon, I think Archmage with her final weapon is great without even a mind up when hitting with weakness the right enemy. I think another way to play this team would be Magus, Nightblade, Bishop (no Anti-Magic but unless really needed you got a variety of physical and magical damage) and you can  do a sharet element resistance strat here as well. Or a no heal light team but relying on Regeneration spell and maxed PIE stat (which you will do that to your PIE spell caster anyway), I saw in one of Nesoul's videos Vanadise with Regeneration spell and no heal light so it's possible with that too.

Magus, Wanderer, Necromancer but have one of them equip Regeneration spell ring. Self Mind up for Magus, Magic shield to cover for defenses, all stat down. Wanderer with the capstone to cover for sabers. You have Necromancers Dark Saber for shared resistance strat.

In the end you could go with Archmage, Nightblade, Bishop, very straightforward but I don't want to use Archmage too many times now, I want to try more of Angela's other classes, dang it randomizer.

Edited by smileless

1 hour ago, rpschamp said:

Also, this doesn't apply to your setup as listed, but I wonder how Angela's VIT capstone would interact with Necromancer wearing Undead armor or ring and her final weapon: would it heal or hurt her by 50 HP?

all "triggered" heal sources are not affected by anything

11 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

all "triggered" heal sources are not affected by anything

In this case, Angela's VIT capstone should be great for Undead armor.

4 hours ago, smileless said:

Also great for Grand Divina; her damage spells will cost only 3 MP. I may give Grand Divina, Wanderer, Necromancer a shot on my next playthrough after all....

7 hours ago, smileless said:

Lise (main), Kevin, Angela

Vanadise
Spells:
Skip Fire Saber, Power Up.
INT capstone - can equip any weapon and armor
LUK capstone - party takes 1/8 less damage from spells

Weapon: L3 armor break/Heal Up
Helm: Depends
Armor: Auto-Buff
Ring 1: Meta: Multi
Ring 2: Depends or heal up

Death Hand
Skip Dark Force, Demon Breath
INT capstone - sword magic +atk gives 20% (party)
Or LUK - party takes less damage from critical hits - if I choose Lise's INT capstone this one for sure then.

Weapon: L3 Armor Break
Helm: Lv2/3 tech up
Armor: Depenss
Ring 1: TP gain up

Archmage
Skip Body Change, Aura Wave
AGL capstone - party casts 20% faster

Weapon: Exploit Weakness/Magic Up
Ring 1: depends

Funky set up lol, unsure if I will comit to double L3 Armor Break users, a bit too risky, but if yes Lise's PIE should still be maxed out for Heal Light, her purpose will be mainly healing, but if she can sneak a level 3 tech to reduce targets defenses then good, but maybe I will play more defensively and let Kevin do his job there

Maybe could use TP By Cast for Vanadis to get TP Faster, since she has some fast spell to cast like Holy Ball, tough going LUK capstone would probably be easier, not sure Riesz when on Healing duty would be suited for a double LV3 Armor Break strat.

Out of subject of this team, but one thing that could be interesting with Death Hand is the Invert Buff armor, since he has an MT Lunatic with this armor this makes him the only character able to apply Life Booster on everyone in one spell, tough you lose Protect Down from Thunder Jutsu you gain Speed Down through Speed Up* which might be better debuff for defensive purpose. And I don't think Sabers and Aura Wave are affected by this armor (technically could apply Mind Up and Protect Up through Thunder Jutsu and Demon Breath but the fact they inflict damage isn't really ideal).

Dervish
VIT capstone - draw agro and turn him into a tank so Duran is free from that job. Tho the AGL capstone sounds nice too - when a weapon attack can inflict a status effect even if immune, subtract another 30 or 40 hp on critical, while the party has energy ball and analyze honestly I might consider the AGL capstone.

Might go for Auto-Debuff equipment set for the most part, when not needed I will just up his defenses or offer status protection, have him wield crit weapon.

Duelist

Bishop
AGL capstone - enemies spawn with -20 evade or the LUK capstone with spells costing less MP

Having use Dervish with a Crit Build and AGL capstones myself I can confirm it works wonder, these +30 and +40 being fix really help especially against ennemy immune to physical or with an high defense. That being said for an Auto-Debuff set up which means you'll have to wear Auto-Buff armor I think I would prefer skipping Anti-Magic and get Power Up, Auto-Buff would also applied Power on the all team so Duelist would beneficiate from it to. And on the other side I would take Anti-Magic with Duelist instead of Leaf Saber, the team doesn't need to much casting, Bishop with Constant Reg and MP Regen Plus is pretty self substain.

Grand Divina
INT  - pierce 35 m.def

Wanderer

Necromancer

Actually when I was having fun with the Randomizer it gives this party with Ninja Master, Magus and Evil Shaman I thought that would be an odd team, and so did a little theory crafting with it and thought this could actually work like this :

Main Hawkeye Ninja Master

Spells :
1-Thunder Jutsu
2-Earth Jutsu
3-Water Jutsu* (LV41)
4-Fire Jutsu* (LV43)
5-Ice Saber
6-Transshape
7-Shuriken*
8-Cresent
9-Analyse
10-Thunder Saber

PIE Capstone : using a Lv2/3 tech spreads the current saber element to the party and makes pseudo saber real unless resisted

Gear :

Weapon : TP Gain Up
Helm : LV2/3 Tech Up
Armor : ???
Ring 1 : TP Gain Up
Ring 2 : Accessory of Elemental weakness of the boss/???

Teammate 1 : Carlie Evil Shaman

Spells :
1-Regeneration
2-Holy Ball*
3-Tinkle Rain
4-Unicorn Head
5-Machine Golem
6-Ghoul
7-Ghost
8-Protect Up (LV42)
9-Lunatic (LV44)
10-Anti Magic (LV47)

LUK Capstone : spells cost 20% MP less, min 1 (party); does not change displayed cost

Weapon : Enervate Spawn
Helm : Constant Regen
Armor : MP Regen Up
Ring 1 : Regeneration
Ring 2 : Vary

Teammate 2 : Angela Magus 

Spells :
1-Power Up (LV39)
2-Mind Up^ (LV41)
3-Earthquake*
4-Thunderstorm*
5-Mega Splash*
6-Explode* (LV45)
7-Dark Force* (LV46)
8-Poison Bubble (LV48)
9-Ancient (LV50)
10-Lunatic (LV52)

INT Capstone : pierce 35 m.def

Weapon : Magic Up/AoE Mastery
Helm : Magic Up (or maybe Constant Reg)
Ring 1 : Meta Multi
Ring 2 : Meta Curse

So :

-Evil Shaman assume the healing role with Regeneration but can also deal elemental damage ST with her spells, she also take the Protect Up role thanks to Dark Hawk she can skip Ghost Road and Demon Breath

-Ninja Master : Main debuffer, running a Tech build since you are going to use his LV2/3 Tech to spread Sabers with his PIE capstones

-Magus : AoE elemental damage and set Curse, need Meta Multi for Mind Up, also skipping Meta Curse and equipped Meta Leaf Coat to increase Hawk's Tech damage could be an option

So to sum up :

-All Debuff
-All Buff except Speed Up
-Technically all Saber
-Anti Magic
-Decent physical damage with Ninja Master
-Good Magic Damage

Sound actually pretty solid, the healing might be a little weak tough.

7 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Having use Dervish with a Crit Build and AGL capstones myself I can confirm it works wonder, these +30 and +40 being fix really help especially against ennemy immune to physical or with an high defense. That being said for an Auto-Debuff set up which means you'll have to wear Auto-Buff armor I think I would prefer skipping Anti-Magic and get Power Up, Auto-Buff would also applied Power on the all team so Duelist would beneficiate from it to. And on the other side I would take Anti-Magic with Duelist instead of Leaf Saber, the team doesn't need to much casting, Bishop with Constant Reg and MP Regen Plus is pretty self substain.

Yeah good point I should skip Leaf Saber. Dervish learns Power up on self, will auto-buff apply it other party members too?

Maybe could use TP By Cast for Vanadis to get TP Faster, since she has some fast spell to cast like Holy Ball, tough going LUK capstone would probably be easier, not sure Riesz when on Healing duty would be suited for a double LV3 Armor Break strat.

Yeah I think LUK capstone would be the safest option here while have Lise save TP for items instead. INT capstone for Vanadise would work mainly with passive weapons like evernate spawn, Sage's weapon and such. Could make use of Bishop's weapon too, since she's the healer maxing out PIE stat and go for counters acting as a secondary healer, but weapons like that would probably be more preferable like Starlancer.

Out of subject of this team, but one thing that could be interesting with Death Hand is the Invert Buff armor, since he has an MT Lunatic with this armor this makes him the only character able to apply Life Booster on everyone in one spell, tough you lose Protect Down from Thunder Jutsu you gain Speed Down through Speed Up* which might be better debuff for defensive purpose. And I don't think Sabers and Aura Wave are affected by this armor (technically could apply Mind Up and Protect Up through Thunder Jutsu and Demon Breath but the fact they inflict damage isn't really ideal).

That could work too, a lot of times I prefer speed up/down combo more than having protect down. Kevin's final weapon reduces defense over time anyway, while Archmage gets still increased spell damage with mind up/down + kevin's weapon.

Actually when I was having fun with the Randomizer it gives this party with Ninja Master, Magus and Evil Shaman I thought that would be an odd team, and so did a little theory crafting with it and thought this could actually work like this :

Main Hawkeye Ninja Master

Spells :
1-Thunder Jutsu
2-Earth Jutsu
3-Water Jutsu* (LV41)
4-Fire Jutsu* (LV43)
5-Ice Saber
6-Transshape
7-Shuriken*
8-Cresent
9-Analyse
10-Thunder Saber

PIE Capstone : using a Lv2/3 tech spreads the current saber element to the party and makes pseudo saber real unless resisted

Gear :

Weapon : TP Gain Up
Helm : LV2/3 Tech Up
Armor : ???
Ring 1 : TP Gain Up
Ring 2 : Accessory of Elemental weakness of the boss/???

Teammate 1 : Carlie Evil Shaman

Spells :
1-Regeneration
2-Holy Ball*
3-Tinkle Rain
4-Unicorn Head
5-Machine Golem
6-Ghoul
7-Ghost
8-Protect Up (LV42)
9-Lunatic (LV44)
10-Anti Magic (LV47)

LUK Capstone : spells cost 20% MP less, min 1 (party); does not change displayed cost

Weapon : Enervate Spawn
Helm : Constant Regen
Ring 1 : Regeneration
Ring 2 : Vary

Teammate 2 : Angela Magus 

Spells :
1-Power Up (LV39)
2-Mind Up^ (LV41)
3-Earthquake*
4-Thunderstorm*
5-Mega Splash*
6-Explode* (LV45)
7-Dark Force* (LV46)
8-Poison Bubble (LV48)
9-Ancient (LV50)
10-Lunatic (LV52)

INT Capstone : pierce 35 m.def

Weapon : Magic Up/AoE Mastery
Helm : Magic Up (or maybe Constant Reg)
Ring 1 : Meta Multi
Ring 2 : Meta Curse

So :

-Evil Shaman assume the healing role with Regeneration but can also deal elemental damage ST with her spells, she also take the Protect Up role thanks to Dark Hawk she can skip Ghost Road and Demon Breath

-Ninja Master : Main debuffer, running a Tech build since you are going to use his LV2/3 Tech to spread Sabers with his PIE capstones

-Magus : AoE elemental damage and set Curse, need Meta Multi for Mind Up, also skipping Meta Curse and equipped Meta Leaf Coat to increase Hawk's Tech damage could be an option

So to sum up :

-All Debuff
-All Buff except Speed Up
-Technically all Saber
-Anti Magic
-Decent physical damage with Ninja Master
-Good Magic Damage

Sound actually pretty solid, the healing might be a little weak tough.

This seems very good overall but weak on the healing side, Magus will still be your main attacker. Evil Shaman might need a heal up slot to strengthen regeneration. Is that spell at least faster than heal light when raising AGL high enough?

Edited by smileless

5 minutes ago, smileless said:

Yeah good point I should skip Leaf Saber. Dervish learns Power up on self, will auto-buff apply it other party members too?

Yes Auto Buff will apply it on the other character as well.

7 minutes ago, smileless said:

This seems very good overall but weak on the healing side, Magus will still be your main attacker. Evil Shaman might need a heal up slot to strengthen regeneration. Is that spell at least faster than heal light when raising AGL high enough?

Regeneration is slighty faster, also cost less MP and give an HP Regen buff, it also gives the auto heal after battle just like Heal Light and is One/All target by default. Nut yeah giving Heal Up to Evil Shaman might be better cause it is indeed weaker than Heal Light. 

10 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Regeneration is slighty faster, also cost less MP and give an HP Regen buff, it also gives the auto heal after battle just like Heal Light and is One/All target by default. Nut yeah giving Heal Up to Evil Shaman might be better cause it is indeed weaker than Heal Light. 

I think it's a fair trade considering you will also have Evil Shaman's final weapon.

On 29/05/2021 at 2:44 PM, smileless said:

Dervish

Duelist

Bishop

On another note here on Carlie I might have to skip Power Up* instead in order to get the LUK capstone, and learn Flame Saber instead, very clutch. Either that or I will have to go with the AGL capatstone. I think it may have been better to skip the Diamond Saber on her first class change entirely and not learn it at all.

Oh well, if I decide on LUK capstone for Carlie, at least with Duelist capstone team gets more power out of sabers, and at the beginning of fights Kevin will auto-buff the party with his power up.

Edited by smileless

44 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

You can also get the LUK Capstone and Power Up by skipping Exorcise.

You are right, but is it really worth to skip Exorcise in Carlie's final dungeon vs those undead enemies where it's gonna be pretty painful dealing with them physically. Tho it's doable with Duran's Lv3 tech and Kevin using counters, Carlie spams her one and only spell but I think Exorcise makes things just more comfortable for a team like this. Still confilcted if I should skip that.

Ideally would have been best to skip Carlie's sabers from her previous class, my spell/capstone planning sucks lol.

Edited by smileless

HA Forget you were on Mirage Palace route in that case yeah Exorcise is really valuable in Mirage Palace and Dark Lich himself.

Doing a little review of my own team on Normal :

-Fenrir Knight is good, I think beofre 2.0 Dragon Master had a slight edge over Fenrir Knight due to Anti-Magic, but now that Fenrir Knight can effectivly get all Debuff while Dragon Master can't makes her more convenient on that aspect, her Final Weapon is really good, especially the MP part, which allows her teammate keep on doing. And in general I think as a physical attacker she is the best class for Lise she is just fun to play. Also Unicorn Head and Ghost Road gives her some magic if she ever need it. I use Meta Sudden for mob fight as being able to nearly instantly debuff ennemies is pretty good.

-Lord getting all buff except for Mind Up works well, he also can work well with Arrow which is really fast to cast, his Final Weapon doesn't see much use on mob fight where I prefer to cast Arrow with him, but it's good for Boss fight allowing Lise to land Counter more frequently and he is good healer as an all decent cast time for Heal Light with Speed Up and good enough PIE to heal more than needed when combine with Lise's Drain Counter.

-Hawk, I feel I'm gonna get him something else for Boss probably due to the nerf on Half Vanish + combine with the fact character's deal 30% more damage on Normal (which doesn't affect Half Vanish as it's fix damage) and as a result for most bosses Arrow is outdamaging Half Vanish, the only fight where that wasn't the case so far is Land Umber due to his ability to raise his defenses, and Xian Bhe's furnace (more on that later), I'm not sure if I can go Magitec as I think it won't trigger his PIE Capstone effect. Other than that Wanderer is great, Magic Shield, Aura Wave, Lunatic all with a pretty good cast time, Poison Bubble to inflict Poison, Arrow for fast casting damage and Half Vanish for ennemies resistant to it, all and all a great character, got his PIE capstone with every elemental ring works wonder and think it works with Duran's AGL capstone.

Overall this team is pretty effective...... except for Xian Bhe, who ended up being a major difficulty spike with this team, mainly beacause of the Furnace, Wanderer has no answer against the furnace Arrow won't do shit, Half Vanish only does 70 with Life Booster and for some reason after Anti-Magic Poison Bubble does only a measily 8 damage to the Furnace (seriously how does that work ? The furnace get heal by Poison Bubble for 330 HP base on Anti-Magic's description I would expect it to do about 165, how does it does 8 ?), the only effective spell this team has against the furnace is Fenrir Knight's Ghost Road who deals about 250 with Mind Down and Ice Saber, yeah I have to temporarly go for an out of the blue spellcasting build with Fenrir Knight just for that fight, and even when we finally break the Furnace shits not over, cause Xian Bhe's Lava Wave is really a cheap move even with Mind Down and Lise's LUK capstone it does 127 damage (on Hard it would deal about 254), so if all of your team max HP is below that when he cast it it's a wipe, honnestly maybe if I had done him first it would deal less than 100 damage, on Hard I don't think there is any way to reduce Lava Wave below 100, on Normal maybe if doing him first. So that fight really boils down to can you beat him before he wipes with Lava Wave or do you have the Life Saver armor ? 

@Nesouk exactly the problem my current team has - lack of elemental coverage = Xan Bie will be a painful fight no matter which difficulty. Hopefully Duelist final weapon does decent damage to the furnace, maybe will have Carlie or Kevin with Magitech whichever ends up with the highest int.

Dangaard, Mispolm, Dolan down, I think I might go for Land Umber next then Xan Bie and get over that fight.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

I'm not sure if I can go Magitec as I think it won't trigger his PIE Capstone effect.

magitech changes it to a spell in every sense (except the MP/TP cost part), so it wouldn't

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

The furnace get heal by Poison Bubble for 330 HP base on Anti-Magic's description I would expect it to do about 165, how does it does 8 ?

are you sure it is 8 damage?
I got 254 healing to 127 damage + 3mp as pop ups

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

cause Xian Bhe's Lava Wave is really a cheap move even with Mind Down and Lise's LUK capstone it does 127 damage (on Hard it would deal about 254)

what if I told you that Xan Bie has a flatter damage scaling across difficulties?
no I don't really have an idea how to handle the boss level based increase of his spell damage with his gimmick...
as it is he's most of the time just best fought very early before it becomes impossible to reduce his spell damage below 100

Edited by praetarius5018

6 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

are you sure it is 8 damage?
I got 254 healing to 127 damage + 3mp as pop up

Well I only got a purple 8 appearing after Anti Magic.

Edited by Nesouk

8 hours ago, smileless said:

Nesouk exactly the problem my current team has - lack of elemental coverage = Xan Bie will be a painful fight no matter which difficulty. Hopefully Duelist final weapon does decent damage to the furnace, maybe will have Carlie or Kevin with Magitech whichever ends up with the highest int.

Duelist is one of the few physical character that perform well against Xian Bhe, in fact on Hard I manage to destroy the Furnace with Duelist before Xian Bhe got a single heal out of it.

Ice Saber + Power Up + Final Weapon + LV2/3 Tech Up Helm = 432 damage to the furnace with LV3 Tech ^^

Edited by Nesouk

2 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Duelist is one of the few physical character that perform well against Xian Bhe, in fact on Hard I manage to destroy the Furnace with Duelist before Xian Bhe got a single heal out of it.

Ice Saber + Power Up + Final Weapon + LV2/3 Tech Up Helm = 432 damage to the furnace with LV3 Tech ^^

Didn't expect Duelist to work that well in this fight he carried hard. He dealt more damage also due to protect down + Duran's AGL capstone increasing saber spell power. Kevin had auto-buff equiped so Duran benefited from his power up, and auto-debuff set all I had to cast was mind down.

21 hours ago, smileless said:

Didn't expect Duelist to work that well in this fight he carried hard. He dealt more damage also due to protect down + Duran's AGL capstone increasing saber spell power. Kevin had auto-buff equiped so Duran benefited from his power up, and auto-debuff set all I had to cast was mind down.

Yeah Duelist carry this fight hard, for Physical Kevin with AGL Capstone or Hawk with INT capstone can also work as the 30/40 damage is fix it allows to deal good damage on the Furnace.

I love the duelist class, mod did justice to a class known for level 3 tech power, unlike the remake where I heard Duelist got shafted hard.

And on that note I beat Dark Lich, next is the Lise/Kevin/Angela run, with Vanadise/Death hand/Archmage. Star Lancer, Dervish, Grand Divina could also be interesting, I will think of that option once I reach level 18.

Edit: actually no scratch that, no mind down, going with Vanadise, Death Hand, Archmage definitely.

Edited by smileless

Yeah Duelist got the short end of the stick in the remake, he isn't a bad class but the issue is Edelfrei/Swordmaster is better in every single way.

5 hours ago, smileless said:

I love the duelist class, mod did justice to a class known for level 3 tech power, unlike the remake where I heard Duelist got shafted hard.

And on that note I beat Dark Lich, next is the Lise/Kevin/Angela run, with Vanadise/Death hand/Archmage. Star Lancer, Dervish, Grand Divina could also be interesting, I will think of that option once I reach level 18.

Edit: actually no scratch that, no mind down, going with Vanadise, Death Hand, Archmage definitely.

Why not Dervish instead of Death Hand? You would get Protect Down, Speed Down, Half Vanish, Poison Breath, Energy Ball and Analyze, while the Archmage provides Power Down, Mind Down, Aura Wave and Anti-Magic.

28 minutes ago, Serafie1999AD said:

Why not Dervish instead of Death Hand? You would get Protect Down, Speed Down, Half Vanish, Poison Breath, Energy Ball and Analyze, while the Archmage provides Power Down, Mind Down, Aura Wave and Anti-Magic.

You can't keep Archmage's power down, mind down, aura wave and anti-magic,  you have to skip Anti-Magic and Rainbow dust so you learn Body Change and then Aura Wave for example, unless you skip one of Angela's spells entirely from previous class then maybe but you want her to cover elemental spells don't see a point doing that.

Death Hand final weapon would also allow to maximize angela's spell damage, has some saber spells too.

Tbh can't go wrong with either Dervish or Death Hand, I just want to try more Death Hand cause I liked the final weapon I tried before.

Dervish - skip Power Up, Half Vanish

Spells learned: Fire Breath, Power Down, Anti-Magic, Moon Saber, Protect Down, Poison Breath, Energy Ball, Speed Down, Rockfall, Analyze

Archmage - skip Rainbow Dust, Anti-Magic

Spells Learned: Earthquake, Thunderstorm*, Explode*, Mega Splash*, Dark Force*, Saint Beam*, Mind Down, Change Form, Aura Wave, Power Down

Could be one way to go with that team. No Sabers but with Mind Up and Archmage exploit weakness you still deal a lot of damage as long as hitting for the right weakness.

Drath Hand/Archmage formation I got:

Death Hand - skips Dark Force, Demon Breath

Spells learned: Flame Saber, Diamond Saber^, Speed Up*, Dark Saber*, Body Change*, Thunder Jutsu, Aura Wave, Lunatic#, Rockfall, Leaf Saber

Archmage: Skips Body Change, Aura Wave, learns same as above but with Anti-Magic and Rainbow Dust.

Death Hand has the final weapon to reduce more of targets defenses, multi target lunatic, with invert armor that Nesouk suggested you got the reverse of Lunatic for allies and Speed Up* for enemies. Thundet Juts there remains a redundant spell but you have to learn it for Lunatic, doesn't matter even without def down it's manageable and you have Kevin's final weapon to slowly decrease that.

Personally both options work but am willing to try Death Hand more :)

Edited by smileless