Kain Stryder

Current Known Bugs/Issues

14 posts in this topic

Copied from the download file just in case anyone playing doesn't read it, but at least sees it here:

Note: As bugs are resolved they will be removed from this list and their fix will be noted in the update notes of the read me translation file in the download.

Also, please check the bugs readme for Mato's version (included in his download) for specific bugs related to his version only. Some stuff may only be present still in 2.9.4 or 2.9.7, such as the Gauntlet bug.

Current Known Bugs/Issues

- Sometimes the game may black screen/softlock after a battle maybe 1-2 times a playthrough. It happens on any version of T-Edition and isn't anything we know how to fix. There's just alot going on in the background of this mod and it's a miracle it all works. Just save often to counter this. You may never even see it, as it is rare.

- Gau can possibly unlock his Rage achievement at 240 Rages instead of 255 if the below happens:

The "Tonberries" rage is that last bit, for 0x8000, but it's completely unusable in the game, so it will never appear on your rage menu. So normally if you have all 255 rages, excluding Tonberries, your rage data will look like: FF FF FF .. FF FF 7F

However, if you have Tonberries and none of the other last 14 Rages, which makes the last two bytes 0x8000 ... well, 0x8000 is equal to or greater than 0x7FFF, so the check passes. Of course, Tonberries + any other of the 14 Rages works too since 0x8C2F or whatever is still higher than 0x7FFF. The list of skippable Rages, as long as you have Tonberries fought as Gau, is Amduscia, Baalzeph, Chronos, Daedalus, DthMachi, Garm, GlasyaLa, GoldBear, InnoSent, Io, MtlHitmn, Necroman, Pineappl, RedMarsh, and Thor.

- The achievement for 200,000 steps seems to unlock randomly. We don't know the cause of it. I've had it unlock at the start of the game, others have had it unlock between 80,000 and 180,000 steps. It will unlock normally at 200,000, but if you see it before hand, then you know why.

- Upon returning to the cave from the Ancient Castle, the music will have beeps and boops in it. This is an emulator-related issue. If using MSU, it won't be a problem. We've no idea the cause of it and since Tsushiy doesn't code for anything outside of uosnes, it's not something he'll fix or be able to.

- ??????'s name at the start of the game (Terra) will display as blank spaces when she levels up (         gained a level) and if she obtains the Elixir from Arvis's clock before you name her. This is just a display issue, ignore it, your game is working fine (when using the lua script).

- The ending event where it shows "Terra as Tina Branford" etc has some graphical errors. This is due to our tampering with the font/adding in English. Stuff will appear blue/green/red but it won't break your game. It's apparently fixable, but we haven't determined the solution yet.

- When traversing the Floating Continent in the World of Ruin, the following below teleport when taken may soft lock the game (the second pic is where you get stuck and soft lock upon taking the port in the first pic):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635985966573813760/933449295850516560/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635985966573813760/933449296148328468/unknown.png

It's been fixed as of 2.9.5 and 2.9.6, but still happens randomly, so be careful and save, or just don't use that teleporter if possible.

- Biggs, Wedge, Mog during the 3 scenarios, Ghost, etc's stats in 3.0+ are all 0s or 1s. Tsushiy is aware, but uncertain if he can fix it. It doesn't really affect anything and you can clear the events they are present in with no issues. I would treat this as a display issue and just ignore the numbers you see as everything works fine.

- The Eidolon list for the lua will sometimes look wonky and display MP cost/mastery for empty slots. This will fix itself as you fill in the list and is due to clashing code from Tsushiy's changes and Laz's 1 column list change.

- Similar to the above, due to the 1 column row for Eidolons, when checking progress on the main menu by hitting the (X) Button, your equipped Eidolon may have a different name (such as Siren equipped but shows Phoenix). This is a known issue and due to the 1 column row we created for full names to be displayed. If we ever revert it, this will fix itself. Sorry for this (3.0+ only).

- In 2.9.4/7 sometimes when equipping the Gauntlet relic you may auto-equip a very powerful weapon the character can't normally use or you don't legit have. This has been fixed for 3.0+ but is a bug that persists in older versions. If this happens to you, and you feel it's unfair to have such a strong/random weapon, simply sell it or don't use it.

- Sometimes when clearing an achievement the statue won't appear. We don't know the cause of this or if it's also on the JP side of things, but for the lua version it seems rare and currently we've only documented one instance of it happening, but it can be fixed. If the final achievement you need is the New Game+ one (starting NG+ gives the statue), and you've cleared the EX mode, it seems to remove the EX statue. However, loading your file into the JP version fixes this. Once loaded, save your game, then reload the save file into the lua version and you'll be set. Check the optional patches folder for the JP patches for your version if this happens for you. In the event this does not fix the statues, please report it and I will notify Tsushiy to troubleshoot.

Edited by Kain Stryder

On 2.93 when I use the Longer Spell Names patch, the MagiTek abilities' names seem shorter than in vanilla FFVI SNES.  For example, Heal Force in vanilla is HealForc here.  From what I can tell, there's plenty of space in this window; thus,. what's happening?

Thankee!

image.thumb.png.175d4f0680bb9b034d53d68348736bbe.png

Character limit/Magitek is not counted as spells. Magic only. Editing names/expanding windows is not as simple as just writing them in. FF6 is extremely fragile. This is a mod based on the Japanese version, not the English version, which had more character limits to compensate English using more characters than Japanese.

Edited by Kain Stryder

2.93:
Equipping a relic that teaches its user a spell (like Earrings for Fire) teaches them the spell but doesn't seem to give any MP nor allow access to the Magic command until either leveling (seemingly not guaranteed) or until the plot says so.

Not a bug. You're also what, lv 50+ at Lethe River? That's probably causing issues and why it requires the plot to grant MP (or just level up). Nothing we can fix and never seen this in a normal run. I've personally had Fire/Protect/Reflect on the Veldt with the magic menu open during the 3 scenarios, so definitely not a bug/just how he coded it.

Edited by Kain Stryder

-V297 via SD2SNES

1. The Gauntlet bug mentioned as being fixed is still present. It is a fun little exploit but ruins game balance since you can duplicate nearly any weapon with it.
  2. The experience egg seems to be completely gone.
  3. As mentioned the WoR Floating Continent traps the player if the game is loaded from the save point. Would recommend removing the save, allowing the Teleport Spell, or adding an exit before the boss.
  4. Talking to the Thief in the woods of Tzen after getting both Espers from him results in the game corrupting to the point that it must be reset.
Edited by Eatitup_86

On 9/8/2022 at 1:44 PM, Eatitup_86 said:

-V297 via SD2SNES

1. The Gauntlet bug mentioned as being fixed is still present. It is a fun little exploit but ruins game balance since you can duplicate nearly any weapon with it.
  2. The experience egg seems to be completely gone.
  3. As mentioned the WoR Floating Continent traps the player if the game is loaded from the save point. Would recommend removing the save, allowing the Teleport Spell, or adding an exit before the boss.
  4. Talking to the Thief in the woods of Tzen after getting both Espers from him results in the game corrupting to the point that it must be reset.

1. Yeah we're aware, it's been fixed for 3.0 via Tsushiy and another Japanese coder.

2. It was removed due to graphical issues in the equip menu in 2.9.7., but this has been fixed for 3.0.

3. This is beyond me and the reason I post a warning in the readme and download page. It's still buggy in 3.0 JP and on Tsushiy to fix. Mato's code clashes with it.

4. Like the above, mentioned to not talk to him in the readme/download if on Mato's version, as I can't get NPC dialogue etc to route to him due to Mato's code. He has nothing available after Catoblepas and Carbuncle.

Hey, I appreciate all the work that went into this game.

I created an account to ask this question, if you would.

I am near the end of the game, went to Kefka's Tower, was equipping espers, and noticed -- the Phoenix esper disappeared!

Near as I can tell, a couple hours of gameplay back, I used it (Eureka, fighting one of the bosses). Now, it's gone.

Is that a bug, or is there some feature where it disappears after a certain number of uses.

Any way to restore it if it's not a feature?
Thanks!

5 hours ago, Dr_Chimpsy said:

Hey, I appreciate all the work that went into this game.

I created an account to ask this question, if you would.

I am near the end of the game, went to Kefka's Tower, was equipping espers, and noticed -- the Phoenix esper disappeared!

Near as I can tell, a couple hours of gameplay back, I used it (Eureka, fighting one of the bosses). Now, it's gone.

Is that a bug, or is there some feature where it disappears after a certain number of uses.

Any way to restore it if it's not a feature?
Thanks!

Which version are you playing on? And have you used any cheats or edited your game in any way? If you can, upload and link your save file for troubleshooting. You can find us on discord via the CHAT button at the top of the page here.

Oh, wow. Thank you -- I thought I had this set to notify me if someone replied -- anyway, I didn't realize till now that you did. Sorry -- you see the level I'm operating at.

Well, I'll try not to waste your time.

One, no, I didn't do any cheats or edits.

Two, since then -- I just got to the final battle with Kefka, and when it gets to the part where you arrange the party-order, the game glitches and gives me garbled text, or else a gnarly red screen.. At that point -- music still plays, but I can't do anything. I attached screenshots.

Three, I can try discord another time, but till then -- I use "higan" on a Linux-based OS. The save file looks different from what I remember on Windows, back in the day. It's SFC, but it's a folder, not a single file, and that's got a bunch of stuff in it. Not sure what I'd be sharing. Any clues?

Ah, well, Time for a new game plus, I guess??

glitch 02.png

glitch 01.png

Redownload the mod and patch it, that final Kefka thing has been fixed as per the update notes.

As for sharing, I don't know personally. I don't use Linux or Higan. You're welcome to use Discord and troubleshoot there.

Edited by Kain Stryder

Confirmed the bug above, but not what's causing it. Pinpointed parts, but not all. An update and solution was made to Mato's download and info can be found in that bug readme file only, as this isn't an issue with lua or JP.

I'm encountering a bug in the Soul Shrine where Terra, Celes, Relm or Strago will be almost entirely drained of MP for no reason. Terra's equipped with the Economizer so I'm defintely not using up magic that quickly and it can occur early as the 2nd or 3rd battle of any of the phases

19 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I'm encountering a bug in the Soul Shrine where Terra, Celes, Relm or Strago will be almost entirely drained of MP for no reason. Terra's equipped with the Economizer so I'm defintely not using up magic that quickly and it can occur early as the 2nd or 3rd battle of any of the phases

Pop onto Discord if you could (CHAT button at the top of the page). I need more info as that's not much to go on. Thanks!