Sign in to follow this  
Raxistaicho

I think I have to reset Kefka's tower now :/

12 posts in this topic

It is unlikely that your *need* to warp out, but it can certainly make it easier sometimes. What's your current party?

FWIW, the upcoming 2.1 update will make Kaiser optional, but I'm unsure if upgrading to the 2.1 beta would be advisable with your current save.

3 hours ago, SirNewtonFig said:

It is unlikely that your *need* to warp out, but it can certainly make it easier sometimes. What's your current party?

Edgar, Relm, Locke, Cyan.

IIRC depending on the weapons available to you you can use Edgar to hit with Water (Trident) Holy (Longinus) and Dark (Bio Blaster). You can use Locke to hit with Fire and Bolt, and Relm to hit with Ice. That only leaves out Earth (but I think Edgar can use Terrato, so you might have access to Quake as well), and Wind (but Cyan has wind weapons). I could be horribly wrong, though, since it's been a year since I last played BNW.

It might be more convenient to simply warp out

Edited by Dufaux

Important things to know:

• Weapons count. Elemental blades, Avenger, and elemental spears cover Fire, Ice, Bolt, Water, and Holy with ease.
  • As Dufaux noted, Bio Blaster covers Dark.
  • Rods only count if they proc, otherwise they are non-elemental.
  • Demi/Quartr count as Earth (note their spell descriptions).
  • Healing spells also count as Holy, if you're in a pinch and don't have time to swap on the Avenger or Longinus.
  • Mutsunokami procs can count for Wind, but see Rods above.
  • You don't have to do your damage with only elements. Mix in hard-hitting weapon/non-elemental attacks (Tempest, Flare) when you have some time to breathe for extra oomph.
  • You don't need to use all 8 elements.
  • This fight is a puzzle of sorts, and is 100% winnable with your current party.

The rest I'll save until you've given it another shot if you still want some help.

Edited by SirNewtonFig

I'm wondering tough how does attack with 2 elements count for Kaiser, like Cyan has Storm for Wind/Water, how does that spell count.

Kaiser is scripted to treat each multi elemental spell as one of its elements. Storm is water, Merton is fire, Razor Leaf is wind, etc. Try each one against him and see how he reacts to know which counts for which.

Made it to Kaiser, and I wouldn't say my Party 1 is ill-equipped or underleveled (pretty sure since I never turned off Exp gain, I'm slightly overleveled), but Kaiser decided to plop an Ultima pretty early, and only one of my party members had the defense/HP to survive.

I can make minor changes to up their MDEF, but I don't think it'd be enough to take an Ultima to the face, as it did more damage to each character than their current Health Pools, minus one.  And everyone has HP+ X% on, and two have Auto-Shell.

If you're taking Ultima hits, then you're not playing Kaiser's game. You need to use elemental magic to kite his AI, or he will obliterate you.

10 minutes ago, SirNewtonFig said:

If you're taking Ultima hits, then you're not playing Kaiser's game. You need to use elemental magic to kite his AI, or he will obliterate you.

I didn't even learn what element he was on.  He didn't use anything element-esque before dropping it, like, yo'. RIP.

16 minutes ago, BTB said:

He doesn't start on any element. It's reactive to how you attack him.

That was literally all the info I needed to figure this fight out, thank you.