Sign in to follow this  
k4ykay

General Leo

13 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been previously brought up, but any chance to add a playable or obtainable version of General Leo from the forgotten forest or whatever? Finally put that into the game like it should have been in the first place. 

Simply put, adding new playable characters is not part of Brave New World's scope. There's enough fun going on balancing and fine tuning the 14 characters that are already there.

I’ll just spill the beans now. BTB will probably delete this but I don’t care. I’m done hiding it. You need 99 mystery eggs to unlock Gilgamesh on triangle island. It actually replaces the Zone Eater encounter.  Collect 99, defeat Gilgamesh, take the Excalipoor to Ultros at the Colosseum and fight a special battle against Omega Weapon from FFX to unlock a playable Leo.

To add to what Nowea said, it's also a matter of taste. Making Leo available would require no small amount of narrative acrobatics (not to mention dialog/event space, and the effort to craft it) to incorporate him in a way that's not just "surprise, Leo's here!" And BNW tries to steer pretty clear of FF6 Fanfic territory.

And, as you can see, BTB isn't so fond of Leo, so that pretty much seals the deal.

There are tons of other mods that mess around with playable Leo though. Have you checked out Divergent Paths? I can't speak to the mod author's treatment of Leo's story, but I played the 3 scenarios patch a couple years back and liked what they did with that.

3 hours ago, BTB said:

If anything, I'd want to find a way to make Leo deader.

Well, a good way would be to implement an encounter in the forgotten forest where he shows up, realizes he's dead then has to fight to survive only to fall at the hands of those he saved the lives of in the first place. It'd be like a double hell...