Sign in to follow this  
BTB

SGDQ Discussion Thread

11 posts in this topic

Who's watching? What are you looking forward to the most? Who only remembered that SGDQ started today because I said something?

Goddamnit... I'm away during the whole week, starting tomorrow. I guess I will get one night of GDQ. 

Not that anyone should feel sorry for me, I just have other stuff planned (like hosting a week long circus/fire arts camp).

Oh well, I can't have everything.

Looking forward to Saturday's runs for a couple reasons: 1. Super Metroid is on Friday so no more kill/save donations.  2. My 2 favorite non-MT streamers are running then. :) Unfortunately I'm working and will just have to catch the vods. :( 

My main recommendations are for the Panga World and MM runs on Saturday.  

Yeah, today and tomorrow are pretty dead... Thursday night is  really what's going to be great - Zelda 2 is an excellent speedrun game.

New SotN WR got set last night, though, that was pretty cool. The movement tech in that game is sweeeeeeeet.

I have a question for those who have been following GDQ over the past few years. Is it still as engaging and enjoyable as before?  I remember a really great 2-3 years of what looked like a fun event with great runs but for this and the year or two previous to it the events just seem more...flat to me I guess?  I enjoy watching people do speedruns but I dunno, GDQ doesn't grab me in the same way it used to anymore.

Part of me thinks it is because the event is more "mainstream" now, and they seem more strict about how they are handling the room. I really enjoyed the smaller, more casual approach where they had a week or so of bonus runs after the main event. It just seem really streamlined and samey to me at this point.  Would love to hear what you guys think though.

I've been enjoying it. It really just depends on the runners and the commentators. Patty has been a godsend to every run he commentated on, and the Super Metroid race was a real nail-biter.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:53 AM, BTB said:

I've been enjoying it. It really just depends on the runners and the commentators. Patty has been a godsend to every run he commentated on, and the Super Metroid race was a real nail-biter.

Other than LttP, what runs was Patty on the couch for? That LttP run was about the only run I caught that felt genuinely like everyone was having fun on.

7 hours ago, Jordan said:

Other than LttP, what runs was Patty on the couch for? That LttP run was about the only run I caught that felt genuinely like everyone was having fun on.

He was on for Super Metroid, as well.