Sign in to follow this  
deno46

A quick question

10 posts in this topic

Is the game always on wait mode? Isn't there a patch to put active mode?

Or put the speed of the battle to the max?

I'm used to fight faster. Kind of miss those two options.

Not a complain, just a preference.

I think is more dinamic and makes me have to be atentive all the time.

From the Readme:

nATB System

The short explanation of what this hack does is that it pauses the ATB timer during attack animations and while the player is doing anything (the original game did not pause during "Fight" targeting or while the Bushido meter was charging). This has two effects: one, it makes speed contribute more significantly to how fast and often a character acts in battle as well as preventing it from effectively soft-capping at around 60 or so; two, it removes the exploit of camping in the item menu under the "wait" setting to gain a huge speed advantage. The resulting system is basically a modified version of "wait", which I mention because there is no longer an "active/wait" setting, nor a "battle speed" slider.

Perfect. I understand now. I get the thing with speed because with atb is kind of useless, but is not something I personally like. Still, the enemies are definitely harder so It compensates.

I didn't have a readme when I downloaded the rom, because It was In another site with the patch added already. I dpwnloaded the patch to install it and it didnt work in two or three versions of the rom that I downloaded.

Heh, my first taste of BNW was on a prepatched ROM I found with something like 1.6 or 1.7 applied. What version does it say you're playing at the top of the config menu?

Oh, not too old then! If you do come upon a clean FFIII US 1.0 ROM at some point, there's a version 2.1 about to drop soonish (beta available on Discord) with some new stuff and refinements.

But can i repatch the game and continue from where i was?

I'm not going to do it all over again.

I'd do it with an SRAM save rather than a save state, but yeah, you should be able to use a 2.0 save. There's a tiny starting stat change that won't carry over, but that should be about it. There's a new WoR cutscene of sorts that might play out strangely if you're already part way through some WoR stuff, but it won't impact anything negatively.