Sign in to follow this  
Vaylen

Feedback&Suggestions on Gau's rages

5 posts in this topic

Hello people. I like most of Gau's rages and think only a few of them are not quite in the right spot. Any comment would be appreciated!

Adamantite

I find this rage a little weak. Holy Wind is not especially powerful on Gau, due to his low health. Innate Safe is nice, but there are no resistances on this rage. Offensively, it doesn't have much going for it. I'd buff the attack from 2x to 3x.

Belladonna

Raid is extremely annoying on the Belladonna. Aside from often being a dead turn, it severely hampers the effectiveness vs Undead, where it would otherwise shine. It also has undocumented Auto-Regen which, due to the Belladonna being Undead, is actually Auto-Sap.

Flan

A very specialized Rage and intentionally niche. Extremely great resistances, but not offensive or straight healing capabilities. The main problem I have is the extreme unreliability of this Rage - the chance to actually revive an ally is pretty low in most situations, due to the random targeting.
Feel free to enlighten me on a few more use cases on this one. For a change, I'd suggest changing the 1/3 move from SlowX to Life2, focusing the use firmly on revival which also leads to an increase in reliability.

Kudzu

Raid again. It doesn't do much of anything on Gau - he rarely even uses his MP and his health is low. I'd change this to something else or, more preferably, change Raid to not be capped by missing health.

Locust&Leafer

Gale Cut is very weak for this stage of the game. The Leafer's Wind Slash, on the other hand, is very powerful early on. I'd swap Gale Cut and Wind Slash on these 2 Rages.

Scarab

Megavolt is very weak for WoR. Incidentally, I also think that most enemies using Megavolt could use a buff on that move, so I'd suggest buffing Megavolt directly to around~ 45-60 power. If that is not an option, a different, stronger move in place of Megavolt - maybe simply Bolt 2 or Plasma - would be good.

Tek Armor

A pretty niche rage, due to the heavy focus on buffing. I'd simply buff the attack from 2x to 3x. making it a bit more appealing to use.

Vagrant

A fine Rage, but a bit weak for WoR. I'd buff attack from 2x to 3x.

Werewolf

Decent Rage on paper, but I rarely found a use for it. Ice is not the most common element and single-target healing/buffing can be pretty hit-or-miss. I am not quite sure what would be a good change here, though. RegenX seems a bit too powerful.

Windrunner

Blight seems a little bit too weak. A small buff of about ~10 Power would be appreciated here.

Zombone

Seems weak, even compared to other Fractional Damage/Instant Kill Rages available at the same time. I'd change the Zombie-Setting attack from No Damage to 1x Damage, increasing the versatility of this rage by a bit.

That's about all of them. Thanks for reading.

22 minutes ago, SirNewtonFig said:

Shocked not to see Bomb on here!

lol, I like the Bomb. I sometimes just go "ahh, fuck it... boooom".

If anything, I think Bomb could be buffed to 3 or 3.5 times power.

Do Gau's rages have to be named for the creature they come from? Could they be named something useful so I don't have to keep a cheatsheet?

The names are pulled from monster data, along with everything else about them, yes. For now, the Printme is the best cheatsheet you could need.