Sign in to follow this  
deno46

why is dadaluma so hard?

10 posts in this topic

I just defeated him but it was hard and I had to do a lot tof planing and going to buy items.

Locke with butterflys, sabin attacking with the claws that put slow, edgar drilling and gau with repoman that cast vanish.

I think that last part was the winning strategy.

He only vanished edgar and locke, but I was saved from at least 3 jumps landing on edgar.

Fun fight, but a lot more difficult feom anything before.

Is it because it's a game changing part? I mean, you get the espers and the game chamges, so It's kind of foghting atma because is the end of the first part of the game.

That was your reasoning? Or I'm thinking too much into it and it was hard for the sake of it?

He's a wake up call, for sure, but he's not all that bad. Did you happen to defend against the jumps with the non-vanished characters?

Big D is the game's first real boss. Think of everything up to that point as an extended intro, because afterward (as you noted) the game's main character building system comes online.

Dadaluma is a gate to make sure that the player is paying attention and learning to adapt to enemy behavior. Things like plants responding to melee attacks with Raid counters and Crawlers using Magnitude when they're alone in battle were some other early lessons in adapting to enemy patterns, but it's possible for the player to brute force through these, or miss them by way of luck or intuition.

Big D's lessons are to not overextend yourself, and that buffs and debuffs make a big difference. Sounds like you took a beating, thought about it, adjusted your strategy to use advantageous buffs and debuffs, and pulled through in the end. Mission accomplished.

Mmm interesting.

I like it. It's a complete different experience.

There are some things that are not my preference. Like no tents or the redbull item, or the name changes on a lot of items.

But the thing that it takes using to is gau. So little hp, and the rages are different.

I miss gigavolt.

From my understanding, if I meet an enemy formation that has an enemy that can be raged, gau can use leap even if he is not in the veldt?

And another question.

The way the esper system is made it's to avoid people getting low levels to min max their characters, but if I know there is the chance of a better esper with better stats, or stats that can be of better use to the character build that i want, why would I spend them early.

For example, cyan has kirin, that has hp and stamina, not very useful I think, because he needs vigor and magic.

Or there are bushidos that use stamina?

I don't really fully understand stamina. Do I get better defense or just less possibility of having statuses on me?

Besides affecting poison, sap and regen.

I really love this game, I don't know why so much, I think it's the best game ever, and this is a fun way to play it and have a challenge.

Good work.

HP/Stamina build for Cyan is pretty good, Stamina affect a lot of thing in the case of Cyan :

-His Dragon Bushido is Stamina base.

-The Wind katana proc are stamina base.

-He also can learn Regen which is Stamina base.

-As an all Stamina slightly reduce Magic Damage the character take.

But Cyan's HP/Stamina build idea is to be a tank, Stamina also affects the chance of statut effect to land on you, and also increase the chance of Cyan to Cover character if he has the Relic for it and the chance to Counter.

But of course if you want to wait another esper you can do it, just don't spend points for that character until you get the esper you want.

Also, you don't have to worry too much about your early ELs because you can reset them on the WoR and respec your characters

7 hours ago, deno46 said:

But the thing that it takes using to is gau. So little hp, and the rages are different.

From my understanding, if I meet an enemy formation that has an enemy that can be raged, gau can use leap even if he is not in the veldt?

The way the esper system is made it's to avoid people getting low levels to min max their characters, but if I know there is the chance of a better esper with better stats, or stats that can be of better use to the character build that i want, why would I spend them early.

For example, cyan has kirin, that has hp and stamina, not very useful I think, because he needs vigor and magic.

Or there are bushidos that use stamina?

I don't really fully understand stamina. Do I get better defense or just less possibility of having statuses on me?

Besides affecting poison, sap and regen.

Gau is complicated by nature, I'd suggest using the printme to get the hang of him. He is quite powerful and easier to use than in vanilla, though. Repo Man on Dadaluma was a good choice, so good work.

You can leap everywhere onto any leapable Formation. That means: All enemies in that formation need to be a rage. However, rage-hunting on the Veldt has become far easier, too.

You get the option for respecs later on. So don't worry about it too much about spending your Esper levels. Some builds are only really realizable with certain late espers, so the respecs come in handy.

Stamina has various effects, depending on character. Cyan does also get access to a few stamina-based Bushidos. At baseline, stamina gets you a bit of magic defense, helps evading status moves and affects stuff like sap and regen. One of the more important effects of Stamina is cover/counter: Stamina boosts your counter chance as well as the chance to cover a backrow ally. This is something Cyan can make great use of, as he hits hard with his counters, is tanky and you can get the WInd-Katanas - which have a chance to fire off a stamina-based wind-attack on hit.

As you can see, while stamina has few baseline effects, it has very interesting synergies with each character. Even characters with no stamina-based moves can make use of stamina - like Locke or Celes. Feel free to ask or look at the character discussions to get a few more ideas on stamina builds, most of them are quite enjoyable.

I deliberately front-load all of the offensive esper bonuses specifically to discourage players from hoarding their ELs and waiting for later ones.

2 hours ago, BTB said:

I deliberately front-load all of the offensive esper bonuses specifically to discourage players from hoarding their ELs and waiting for later ones.

I didn't really understand that. What's front load? I speak good english but it's not my native language, so sometimes I don't get some terms.

I think I'll explore with gau because I want to use a guide as little as possible.

At least the first time.

I mean that all of the offensive esper bonuses come early in the game so the player has no incentive to wait for even better ones.