Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Think0028

Behold, Pants!

10 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing these!

The shawl-bearing Terra is especially welcome, I've never been a fan of her strange triangle-collar sprite. There's a lot of skin and some questionable fashion choices going on.

Edited by GreenSun

Oh yes, sweet Mary and Joseph. I was starting to get depressed when I couldn't find these sprite patches anywhere now that the old site is down. I remember the old long thread where they tinkered with Celes' armor sprite for quite some time and finally perfected it - it truly became a thing of beauty. Thanks for recovering these.

ps. it's been so long since I fiddled around with sprite patches, I've forgotten if this is the correct one to use with BNW?  https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/87/

Edited by Hapanpappa

I'd love if it were possible to have the sprite for her Ffrk Dissidia costume. 

I imagine limitations make it impossible, but yeah. Terra's default sprite, while nostalgic, is pretty terrible. 

FFRK_Terra_DFF_sprites.png

i've preferred the originals since they seemed like Japanese 'magical girls' in appearance and effect.  These sprites never bothered me that much.

Good on you for preserving these though!

Literally the only problem Terra's original sprite has is the shoulder pads, in my opinion. So sprites that keep the original feel but tweak those are best. There WAS that one with pink hair that was fairly nice, though. 

The one I've been missing is a Relm Cat-Ear Hood one, complete with custom menu pic. I remember seeing it forever ago, but couldn't figure out how to swap the menu pic in addition to the sprite, so I ended up dropping it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and could make it into a patch or something that works with 1.9, I'd love it! Anyone know the sprite I'm talking about?

2 hours ago, artemi said:

Literally the only problem Terra's original sprite has is the shoulder pads, in my opinion. So sprites that keep the original feel but tweak those are best. There WAS that one with pink hair that was fairly nice, though. 

The one I've been missing is a Relm Cat-Ear Hood one, complete with custom menu pic. I remember seeing it forever ago, but couldn't figure out how to swap the menu pic in addition to the sprite, so I ended up dropping it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and could make it into a patch or something that works with 1.9, I'd love it! Anyone know the sprite I'm talking about?

I've changed sprites and character profile pics using the "FF3usME" and "ff3se". In fact, let me give you links to the utilities.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/87/

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/86/

There, that should help you. As for the exact Relm sprite and profile pic you're talking about, it is not one I have, nor one I have seen. I've seen White Mage versions of Relm (sprites and profile pics included), but not a Cat-Eared Hood one. I'm going to have to keep an eye open for that one.