Sign in to follow this  
deno46

wor music

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I wanted to say that I've been enjoying the hack a lot. It's really interesting to see the changes. Some of them i like a lot, some of them not so much.

I just did Daryl's tomb and got out of the airship and the music reverted to the sad depressing one before you get the airship.

I know it's your hack and your idea of what the game should be and I won't argue with that. Ahh and nice aces high reference there.

But for me it just doesn't fit. The good of that music is that it gives you hope, that the worls is a piece of shit but you can help it somehow. And descending from the Falcon and getting the depressing music again doesn't do it for me.

Again, I can't ask you to change it because it's your vision and i'm playing it, but I ask if there is a way for me to restore the song to the vanilla way.

Maybe it's too much and I lack the knowledge, but at least I have to try.

It breaks a little of my concentration.

Thanks in advance

Well I think by the lack of responses that my petition was not popular.

Well, sometimes you win sometimes you don't. Still bugs me a lot but the ride has been really fun.

I'm reading that there a lot of differences on this wor, so I'm really interested in that.

Just one question if anybody can answer. What does the defibrilator do?

Just one question if anybody can answer. What does the defibrilator do?

It resurrects a fallen character, like a phoenix down but free and better

11 hours ago, deno46 said:

Well I think by the lack of responses that my petition was not popular.

When asking to revert a deliberate stylistic choice made by the devs, you can probably expect not to get too much traction ;)

Think about it like this: the way things are currently, you have the option to hear either theme. The way it used to be, the desolate overworld music is gone forever once you get the Falcon. You might not like it, but maybe someone does? And it's not like you spend much time walking around on foot after that point, so does it really impact you all that much to hear that theme for a few seconds here or there?

Thematically, it's not like the world got any less messed up just because you got your airship, either. The dreary overworld music helps preserve the theme that the world is a hostile and desperate place now. So get in your airship and go fix it!

Edit: as for how you could maybe "fix" it for your own purposes, back up your ROM, crack it open in FF6Tools, and tinker around until you figure it out. I don't personally know anything about conditionally manipulating background music on maps, so maybe you can teach me!

Edited by SirNewtonFig

That's where I meant. Do it myself. I do say in my previous post that I respect the vision, but it takes away from me personally. And that's why I asked to do it myself if I could and get some pointer on how to do it.Maybe it wasn't that clear and i'm sorry.

I will download that editor, thanks.

I AM enjoying this hack, it's really challenging, a lot of changes. The wor is different and i like that, because is like discovering again what the hell happens.