Sign in to follow this  
GrandpaBoroyzee

Having trouble with the installation

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm trying to get this set up, and I can't get the patching software to work right. It seems like I'm doing something wrong with UMDGen. I drag and drop the folders like the readme specifies, select replace all, and a loading bar appears as if it is doing something; I then save the (allegedly) altered file as a .cso on my psp, but when I open the file, no changes are evident. I haven't even been able to get the banner to change by replacing the image file. Is there a video guide somewhere, or a magic spell, or something?

Just to check, your psp is patched to be able to run bootleg games?

If so, try opening the new cso file with umdgen again and check the modified dates of the files you replaced, it should be recent instead of 10 years ago, then make sure you're running the right cso file. You can also try saving the file as iso, some games have problems in cso format.

If you're using discord, you can join and see if anyone else had that problem

https://discord.gg/MsQBWPTz

I tried it again, paying attention to the dates this time. They didn't change. So, I dragged over the files, got the prompt to replace all duplicates, and then nothing happens. UMDgen is ver. 4.

My psp is homebrew enabled, it already has a bunch of stuff on it. 

Got it working, for some reason my psp only recognized the changes on a .cso; it wouldn't recognize a .iso under any circumstances that I could find.

1 hour ago, GrandpaBoroyzee said:

Got it working, for some reason my psp only recognized the changes on a .cso; it wouldn't recognize a .iso under any circumstances that I could find.

Well that was strange, but as long as it works. In any case, feel free to drop in the discord if you want to talk about the game.