Sign in to follow this  
NotMeGaming

Suggestion on limiting talks to latest 2 versions

4 posts in this topic

Just throwing an idea out there.

A gripe I always had with the old site is that attempting to find threads on a certain version were often at best a mixed bag, and at worst near unusable. (at least when searching for known bugs)

To ensure better organization I suggest only the latest 2 versions be allowed in the main portion (if theres enough demand for it maybe dedicate a separate section for older versions)

This would expedite information requests/bug reports/etc

It's certainly difficult to find information on the old versions with the old design.  Various threads typically talked about whatever version was the latest at the time (without actually specifying).

I don't see how limiting the forum to the two latest versions would help, though.  All it would do is make it even harder to find information on the older versions.

Instead, would it be possible to add a field to the thread topic to specify which version the thread is about?  This is a question for the mods/admins.

@Doomsday31415: I suggest using tags for this purpose. 

Below is an example:

Screenshot_2017-08-19_04.58.25.png

Also, if you pick "Item prefix", it will look like this:
image.jpg

This can be added by the original poster, modders, regulators and admins, even after the thread has been made.