R-el

My little dream...

4 posts in this topic

Hi, from when i started to use BNW, for me this is the the only way to play ffvi. When i try to use another hack, i just can not finish it. Recently i tried T-edition, it's not as well balanced as BNW so i lost interest in it, but i love the clothing change system of that hack. I would love to have this feature in BNW, do you think it's possible or is it just a dream?

Almost every mod out there started as a dream. There's a lot of hackers hanging around in the discord to bounce questions off of as you learn, if that's something you're interested in doing. BTB has moved on to other projects, so BNW is more or less considered "stable" at this point. That manner of change is outside of the scope of what BNW set out to do in the first place, which, as you noted, is balancing what existed into what the game could have been. But that's not to say that you can't start a mod with BNW as a base. There's already at least one mod (NHT) that does just that.

I assumed this was the situation. In fact, adding this kind of feature would run counter to the spirit of the bnw project. I am delighted to know that it is possible to use bnw as a basis for future projects. I will try to ask NHT where to start and how to move. Thanks!

On 10/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, R-el said:

I assumed this was the situation. In fact, adding this kind of feature would run counter to the spirit of the bnw project. I am delighted to know that it is possible to use bnw as a basis for future projects. I will try to ask NHT where to start and how to move. Thanks!

That is so far out of my capabilities it's not even funny.