Sign in to follow this  
BTB

Another Heroes 3 Mod (AH3M) - Version 0.1 Release Thread

3 posts in this topic

This is a gameplay balance hack of one of the greatest strategy games of all time that's been in the making for several years and is nearly ready for an official release. It will release as version 0.1 due to the fact that the campaigns are not yet done and there are only six playable maps at present. More will come, but I don't want to further delay the release of what is currently a completely playable hack.

Many of you have never heard of or played Heroes of Might & Magic 3, but have played Brave New World and are taking me at my word that it's a game worth playing. Others are familiar with H3's pedigree and are interested in seeing what I have done to improve it. The very short answer for anyone familiar with my previous work is that I gave it the "Brave New World" treatment in that I aimed simply to make the game a better version of what it already was by accentuating what worked best and tweaking what didn't. If you want to know more, consult the documentation (see below) or simply download the hack and dive right in.

Readme (text file)

Printme (.pdf file)

Download

ah3m_full.jpg

And we now have version 0.1.a 0.1.b 0.1.c posted in response to an update of HD mod, which AH3M is built on top of. Just a reminder that any time HD Mod is updated, you will need to reinstall AH3M, but only rarely will an HD mod update necessitate that I actually update AH3M from my end. In this case, the installer will show the following error:

help.png.3d8bbfec0ad99dd01d0af9147171e508.png

These updates have also addressed a handful of other minor errors, as well as slightly recoding the new Logistics formula (in 0.1.c) to better behave as it is now intended, which is to encourage heroes to include slow units in their armies by removing the penalty for doing so.

In fact, the development of mods has the right to life! The ideal is unattainable, but it is worth striving for – this also applies to igrostroy. There are cases when developers do not have time (or do not want to) finish something, letting some gameplay features take their course. And here, under a burst of applause and a drum roll, mods and their prophets, modelers, appear. Over time, mod-building has grown to intergalactic proportions, wiping the nose of many AAA projects. So recently I came across https://zumroad.com/game and I can say that I am quite satisfied!

Edited by deanwinchester