Sign in to follow this  
GamingFiend

Gaming Fiend: Enhansa Edition Playthrough

2 posts in this topic

I havent played CT in about 10 years, my first time ever playing was the Playstation release (never had the SNES game) and last time was with the DS, so i've completed the game twice. I just started a new game with this mod and excited to play!

Start of the game, I forgot how quick this game dives right in, no extended opening sequence, and you can skip the carnival games and get right into it. I recalled that the actions Chrono takes (ie, helping the girl get her kitten) can affect things, I decided to have Chrono be good on this playthrough for the trial part so I didn't eat the guy's lunch. I totally forgot to grab the Soda Tabs in Guardia forest, thankfully ill be able to grab them later. The main exciting thing that happened so far was at the Cathedral, against Yakra. I either forgot how difficult he was, or maybe he got a buff!? He killed Chrono nearly immediately, and I thought I was done for! Fortunately, Frog had plenty of MP to slurp cut over and over again, which im not sure if it slowed him but did consistent high damage, while Lucca became field medic with all those tonics I thankfully found, since I bought none. To my surprise, Yakra fell, all without Chrono's help. I'll be better prepared for the next boss.

I plan to try and emphasize character attributes that are not typically focused on, so for Marle and Lucca I'll increase their Hit, and in this version they have good options with it! Chrono and Frog will go magical, not sure about the others yet.

2300 AD was a huge ramp up in difficulty, definitely appreciated finding the bolt bow and plasma shot for Lucca! For a brief time even they were out damaging Chrono. I kinda of forgot the Guardian Boss requires to kill the BITs first, oops. Aura Whirl was a god send here.

Those red mutant enemies were BRUTAL, almost like mini boss battles. I have a new found appreciation for the hypnowave tech from Lucca. What a pleasant surprise with Robo, he could even equip the Bolt Bow and do increased damage to machines! I thought I would leave Marle behind for the factory portion however I found her healing to be invaluable, Robo simply didn’t heal nearly enough, so I ended up picking Robo and Marle as my teammates. The scene where all the other.

the next section of the game with the Mystics I didn’t recall how magic was strongly useful here. Robo was not super useful for that reason but I ended up bringing him with me to Heckran cave., making that boss probably harder than he normally would be, cause he kinda kicked my butt.

Similar story with Masamune. Those counter attacks are BRUTAL. I remembered to grab the silver stud and silver earrings. The new rebalanced Silver Stud was a good choice, curious how the good stuff will be rebalanced.

Currently made it to the past with Ayla to acquire the dreamstone for the next part