Sign in to follow this  
MagiteKira

Nowea Hard Type + Low Level Game

2 posts in this topic

It's hard to know where to begin. First off, I am MagiteKira. I'm a relatively newish member of the Insane Difficulty/NG Plus scene and have recently become ALOT more active. Just as in real life I probably talk more than anyone else. 😅

I started out playing Brave New World back during the 1.7/1.8 days out of curiosity. Like many, I found the mod to be too hard due to playing like Vanilla and gave up on Atma. I would eventually learn how to play the mod proper and found it to be too easy and so I did what any insane man would do and played Nowea Hard Type. It lived up to it's name. I never finished it due to not understanding Kaiser's gimmick but otherwise had a strong handle on it.

So I upped the ante and decided to beg Nowea to rip me a new one and make NHTx3 with triple the difference in enemy speed instead of double. I eventually gave up on this due to boredom and relative ease once I got to WoR.

Lastly I tried LLG which absolutely scratched that itch but after capping the Step Mine and save scumming to high hell, it became too easy save for a few bosses which weren't fun.

Now I am here to do what no man has done before and likely no man will ever finish: NHT LLG as an LP. This will actually be my first LP so any feedback is welcome.

Ruleset:

No standard level gains. Level 3 only with the exception of Gogo at level 1 and Umaro at level 7 as those are their default levels.

2 ELs only. There is a location that allows for up to 2 ELs without gaining a standard level.

No Step Mine or Bouncy Balls. Too much cheap damage.

No save states mid battle. A death is a death and no rerolls. This also goes for Setzer's Slots although my rate of success for any desired roll is about 75% 

SP and Spell purchase is allowed, however natural spell learning ala Terra/Celes is not. This includes Rerise on Shadow/Relm via Momento Ring. This means that only Terra, Celes, Strago, and Relm can use purchased spells as the MP pool for all other characters is capped at 2/2 (0/0 for Gogo and Umaro)

All other items, weapons and abilities are fair game. Slim Jims are duplicated when available to save unnecessary grinding as this doesn't involve strategy or skill. Only time. The same goes for GP and Warp Whistles.

I'm probably the least qualified to take on this challenge and I will probably get stuck by the time I reach 024 but I will suffer so that you don't have to....and for your entertainment.

Updates will be coming soon. Wish me luck.

Edited by MagiteKira