Sign in to follow this  
deno46

final boss (obvious spoilers)

3 posts in this topic

Hi. At last I got to the final fight. I'm able to fight through everything, but angel kefka rapes me. I tried to take advantage of runic to absoeb meteor that is the reason my party gets desteoyed, well that and the speed of attacks that is insane. I read that there are two ways meteor is cast. When kefka changes a phase and because of a counter or something. So i think I have crossed the phases, because at first he doesn't attack with train, but after he does, and I fkn hate it. The frustrating part is having to go through all the fight with the three other parts to get there and get killed fast. I have been able to survive for some time, but in the end i'm basically reviving charCters and not attacking. So, a question. I don't want to ask because i eanted to finish the game with no help but this is getting a little boring. Is there a way to prevent meteor, or to slow kefka, or protect yourself from meteor? I have shell on everyone, but since it ignores defense it still hits pretty hard. My party is terra mprphed ultimating everything the first 3 parts. Celes for runic, edgar for slowx and mana battery and gau for non runicable cure with gargoyle rage. It works pretty well for the first three parts. Bit i get to kefka and he starts pummeling the party with magic. And i put the runic but he cadt too fast or uses meteor when runic has being activat3d just before. I want to try a run with gogo and celes for double runic. But then my damage output resolves wirh terra being berserked with atma weapon.

Since gau uses the cure or gets runiced for quake, that doesn't hit kefka either because he flies, does he have a lot of hp? I want as little spoilers as it can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Your 3 defenses against Meteor are HP, Stamina, and M. Evade. If you aren't using an HP booster that does a lot to help. Notably, these 3 defenses are useful against basically everything Kefka casts

If you're struggling with Gargoyle rage because of Runic and flight it's probably time to change up your strat with him. If you're using him for healing Rocky will still heal (at half power vs Sun Bath but will cure statuses) and his secondary isn't a dead (or runiced) turn.

Lastly, as far as HP goes he has about as much as Guardian

Overall just rethink your strat a bit, maybe swap gear out to help nullify some of Kefka's elements or bulk up in general.

Edited by Nowea

1 hour ago, Nowea said:

Your 3 defenses against Meteor are HP, Stamina, and M. Evade. If you aren't using an HP booster that does a lot to help. Notably, these 3 defenses are useful against basically everything Kefka casts

If you're struggling with Gargoyle rage because of Runic and flight it's probably time to change up your strat with him. If you're using him for healing Rocky will still heal (at half power vs Sun Bath but will cure statuses) and his secondary isn't a dead (or runiced) turn.

Lastly, as far as HP goes he has about as much as Guardian

Overall just rethink your strat a bit, maybe swap gear out to help nullify some of Kefka's elements or bulk up in general.

Thanks for the input. I'll try with changing gears to see if I can throw cyan into the mix, since he is the other heavy hitter that can tank and I thought mutsonokami was magic based proc, but it seems it's stamina based, so maybe it will help with the espers part. There is another rage that gau uses, mesosaur, that casts holy wind, but if kefka does too much damage it loses the effectiveness, the good part is that the second ability is not runicable either. 

I don't want to grind, but i'm at that point that i'm about to go lvl up like 4 levels to even the playing a bit. But my ocd won't let me be happy because i will think i'll cheated myself. Will see if i can make an max evade/magic evade party. Or the closest to that.  Or up the stamina of cyan and edgar, forgoing some damage potential, but i have terra with a really high magic evade, she can evade the meteo of the demon part. I didn't know the other one could be evaded.

Will try your tips. Thanks