Sign in to follow this  
seibaby

Tweak: Leap Anywhere

6 posts in this topic

Just something I've had lying around for a long while, and finally decided to clean up and release. Something for you lazy Gau lovers out there.

This patch has pretty much equal functionality as Think's Learnable Rage patch, with the exception that you still actually have to Leap Gau to learn Rages. The kicker is that you can do so anywhere, and Gau will be right back in your party after you win the battle. You will still only be able to Leap enemy formations that actually appear on the Veldt, but you no longer have to hike all the way out there to do so. Consider it a middle ground between Think's patch and vanilla BNW behavior, although it's still cheating, since you're getting Rages early. You cheater, you!

Get it here!

Headered and nonheadered patches are included. See the documentation (leap-anywhere.txt) for version A/B differences. Should work with both 1.8.5 and 1.8.6 pre-beta.

Let me know if it breaks the universe or something.

Non-obligatory but still well deserved plugs:

Rage Reference Sheet by @Nowea

Learnable Rage by @Think0028

bnw185-leap-anywhere_00000.png

Edited by seibaby

Huh. How'd you work it to where you can only leap on Veldt formations?

Also, how does it work with re-recruiting Gau in the WoR?

The code doesn't affect Gau's rejoin code for when he's out of the party - just modifies what happens when you Leap him. Shouldn't break the Gau rejoin at all. And it uses the same byte I checked back in my Learnable Rage patch that checks if a formation can appear on the Veldt, which is set for regular encounters so that it knows to enable the formation on the Veldt.

What Think said. Also, because you asked in chat, @BTB, if you try to Leap a lone Gau, one of two things will happen, depending on which version of the patch you use. You'll either get a message saying you can't, or you'll get a nice, well-deserved Game Over. >:)

Edited by seibaby

I like this patch a lot and am heavily leaning towards including it in my release. I think it works especially well with a large rage list which is what I am likely going with. Thank you for creating and sharing :megusta: